PDA

View Full Version : Cast member humor

daveywest
08-05-2010, 09:45 AM
This comes from a blog I read clled Not always right. I thought the humor might be appreciated over here.

(I am loading guests onto boats at my ride, on which everybody gets wet and all seats are red, when my boss makes a joke over the intercom.)

Boss: “If you’re in a red seat, you will get wet. The red seats are the wet seats. The blue seats are the dry seats.”

Guest: “I’d like a blue seat, please.”

Me: (gesturing at the boat) “All the seats are red.”

Guest: “But I don’t want to get wet.”

Me: “This is a water ride. You will get wet.”

Guest: “Not in a blue seat. He just said.”

Me: “He was making a joke. See? All the seats are red.”

Guest: “Okay.” *pause* “Which seats are the dry seats, then?”

disneylandgirl
08-05-2010, 09:48 AM
HAHAHAH :p

Imaginears
08-05-2010, 11:39 AM
It's great when cast members add a little humor and personality to the attraction experience. Even if some people don't get it!!!;)

zombie pirate
08-05-2010, 01:08 PM
One of the funnier things I read in Mouse Tales was when a older couple ask a CM how long would the Submarine Ride take, He told them 2 days. They took the Monorail back to the Disneyland Hotel and got thier luggage, I dont think that was actually a true story, maybe a CM myth, but pretty funny.

potzbie
08-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Guest: “Okay.” *pause* “Which seats are the dry seats, then?”

Good one.

This guest will be the one in the Jungle Cruise who says at the elephant bathing pool, "Wait a minute. I don't see a single elephant wearing any swimming trunks."
:eyeroll:

Oh! And he'll stop the boat so he can take advantage of Trader Sam's special of the day. ("Two heads of Sam's, for one of yours.")
:eyeroll: :eyeroll:

darph nader
08-05-2010, 05:23 PM
This comes from a blog I read clled Not always right. I thought the humor might be appreciated over here.

Saw this earlier. Very funny and kinda scary too. :eek:

Nancy
08-06-2010, 11:38 AM
It's great when cast members add a little humor and personality to the attraction experience. Even if some people don't get it!!!;)

I totally agree! It's even funnier to us on the attraction that get the joke when someone else doesn't get it!!;)

Mouseketeer1955
08-08-2010, 12:13 PM
I worked at a Disney store during a holiday season in '93. If you remember, "Aladin" was the movie at the time and so we were promoting the latest and greatest in Aladin toys and products. One of the toys was the stretch genie, which was like the old "Stretch Armstrong".

The day that we began the promotion, I was greeting guests and was given a stretch genie to demo. I'd play with the kids as they entered the store and we'd stretch the genie and basically have fun with it.

During a lull in the guests walking into the store, I was standing at the entrance pulling on the genie, greeting guests, and interacting with people passing by when ALL OF A SUDDEN, POP ! I ripped the genies arm off :( . If you've ever seen a stretch Armstrong or the genie, have you ever wondered what's inside either of those ? I'm not sure, but it looked kind of like a very thick molasses, tasted, yes I did taste it, semisweet, and when the arm was unceremoniously ripped off, it sent the thick brown substance spraying on the sleeve of my blue sweater. In other words, it was a mess.

Being the loyal cast member I was, I concealed the damaged genie as best as I could, walked back stage and said in a very understated unemotional matter of fact way to a stage manager, "I think this genie is defective". He did all he could to maintain his leader like composure, we laughed a bit and he gave me another victim....er genie to promote the product once I changed my sweater and got cleaned up. When I told him what the inside of a genie tastes like, he said something odd. He said "It doesn't surprise me that you would do that." :confused: Oh well, call it a sacrificing my taste buds for the children.