PDA

View Full Version : Disney casting for a new TRON show in DCA

AVP
08-05-2010, 08:33 AM
From the Disney Auditions Web site (http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/calendar/index.html#Audition3275):

Disney Parks Talent Casting is seeking strong contemporary/hip hop dancers for a new nighttime celebration at the Disneyland Resort in support of the opening of the new Disney feature Tron: Legacy. Dancers will perform on stages outside in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and main entrance areas at Disney California Adventure park. Seeking performers of all ethnicities.

Rehearsal starts in early September.

Andrew
08-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Sounds like Glow Fest is being TRON-ified.

AVP
08-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Sounds like Glow Fest is being TRON-ified.Yeppers.

Niwel
08-05-2010, 09:23 AM
I believe it is ElecTRONica

JerrodDRagon
08-05-2010, 12:39 PM
^it is and its going to rock....or at least serve alcohol.

IllusionOfLife
08-06-2010, 01:10 PM
As much as I'm excited for TRON: Legacy, I really really hate Glow Fest. The Disney-fied rave atmosphere just felt awkward and almost inappropriate for a Disney park and I really really want to see it go away. Not only that but the slew of drunk people acting like idiots was quite annoying too. I have no issues with drinking, but that kind of drunken obnoxious behavior is inappropriate at Disneyland.

I just want Disney to drop Glow Fest altogether, do some TRON theming in Tomorrowland instead, it'll fit better there anyway.

Disneyphile
08-06-2010, 01:41 PM
...do some TRON theming in Tomorrowland instead, it'll fit better there anyway.
Yes, please!!

Disneyphile
08-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Actually, this concept totally brings be back to the 30th anniversary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6FYi-wvbiY

dban3
08-09-2010, 09:19 PM
I gotta say it.....doesn't it seem like the promotions, cross-promotions, and tie-ins to Tron are coming on a bit thick? I feel like my head is being run over by a light cycle. Hopefully Disney knows they have a winner on their hands and worthy of the hype especially after the disastrous Sorcerer's Apprentice and Prince of Persia.

cstephens
08-10-2010, 04:34 AM
I really really hate Glow Fest. The Disney-fied rave atmosphere just felt awkward and almost inappropriate for a Disney park and I really really want to see it go away. Not only that but the slew of drunk people acting like idiots was quite annoying too.

Have you really seen weird behaviour and drunk people there? I'm surprised. I've been a couple of times and didn't see any of that, just people (including a lot of kids) having a good time dancing to the music.

IllusionOfLife
08-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Have you really seen weird behaviour and drunk people there? I'm surprised. I've been a couple of times and didn't see any of that, just people (including a lot of kids) having a good time dancing to the music.

Yeah I was there in June and there was definitely weird behavior. After a certain time of night waiting in line for Tower of Terror just became embarrassing. Maybe I just had a bad experience with it but I definitely don't like Glow Fest.