PDA

View Full Version : Staying at the Disneyland Hotel? Self-service laundry just got a lot less convenient.

AVP
08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Due to the construction of the Disneyland Hotel courtyard, the guest laundry at the Disneyland Hotel will be closed starting Friday night (August 6). The location will reopen the night of October 1st.

Guests staying at the Disneyland Hotel will be allowed to use the laundry facility at the Paradise Pier Hotel during the renovation.

AVP

twindaddy
08-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Due to the construction of the Disneyland Hotel courtyard, the guest laundry at the Disneyland Hotel will be closed starting Friday night (August 6). The location will reopen the night of October 1st.

Guests staying at the Disneyland Hotel will be allowed to use the laundry facility at the Paradise Pier Hotel during the renovation.

AVP

I dont care if I have to drive a UHaul to Disneyland, but doing laundry on vacation sounds soul crushing.

DLANDLUVR
08-07-2010, 11:19 AM
I dont care if I have to drive a UHaul to Disneyland, but doing laundry on vacation sounds soul crushing.

Thats how my family and I feel! :p

Drince88
08-07-2010, 02:23 PM
For families that fly to DL, though, they could save a TON of money by being able to minimize luggage.

jsilkey
08-07-2010, 07:27 PM

Depends alot on how long you are staying. We went to WDW for 10 days. About half way through I was forced to do laundry (I had planned to, but of course didn't want to stop long enough) it provided very much needed downtime that I wasn't even aware that I needed.

On a short trip, I imagine it would feel like you were "losing" park time, but on a long trip it is a very pleasant break....and alone time, because I guarantee hubby and the kids want no part of helping :p

codewoman
08-09-2010, 06:36 AM
I did laundry recently at GCH. I had to hike about a mile to the laundry room (strike 1). Then the machines only used tokens, not the very heavy roll of quarters I brought with me (strike 2). And the token machine had a hard time taking even my very nice crisp one dollar bills that I got from the gift shop downstairs (strike 3).

chriss
08-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I did laundry recently at GCH. I had to hike about a mile to the laundry room (strike 1). Then the machines only used tokens, not the very heavy roll of quarters I brought with me (strike 2). And the token machine had a hard time taking even my very nice crisp one dollar bills that I got from the gift shop downstairs (strike 3).

I did laundry at the GCH last week and used quarters for the machines with no problems. That was not a plan on my part; I just didn't read the directions on the wall by the machines before I put the money in. I was finishing up, folding my clean laundry, when another guest came in and asked me where to get the machine tokens for the dryers. I thought, what tokens? Maybe I was just lucky, but my quarters worked fine.

I agree with those who like the downtime to do laundry while on vacation. I read a newspaper and a magazine and watched the clothes tumble in the dryer, and it was also a chance to chat with other guests who stopped by, mostly those were leaving that day or the next, so it was a nice way to perpare mentally for the end of vacation. Plus, that means no pile of dirty clothes to deal with once you're back home and unpacking!

codewoman
08-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I did laundry at the GCH last week and used quarters for the machines with no problems. That was not a plan on my part; I just didn't read the directions on the wall by the machines before I put the money in. I was finishing up, folding my clean laundry, when another guest came in and asked me where to get the machine tokens for the dryers. I thought, what tokens? Maybe I was just lucky, but my quarters worked fine.

D'oh! (insert forehead slap here) I thought about trying that, but was afraid I would jam the machine. And that would have reduced the cost of a load of laundry from $2 to $0.50. For shame.