PDA

View Full Version : Which is better? Mimi's Cafe, or Millies?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Toady The Eighth
04-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering; I think that Mimi's Cafe has pretty much the best "coffee shop" style food near the park. I have been to Millie's and liked it, but after visiting Mimi's, will probably never go back to Millies (except maybe for Pot Roast)

Just curious as to which of these restaurants YOU all like better? In another thread, it seems like some people are very partial to Millies, but in my opinion, it isn't even close.

What do you all think?

Lani
04-02-2003, 01:57 PM
I think comparing Mimi's Cafe to Millie's is doin' the ol' apples/oranges thing. Millie's, so far as I can tell, is more of a local mom-and-pop operation. It's an extremely traditional diner... think a notch or two below Denny's.

Mimi's Cafe, on the other hand, is a chain restaurant, like Chevy's, but with a New Orleans theme.

I am not a big fan of either. To be honest, I don't know WHERE I like to eat while I'm by the park. Cheese fries at ESPN, maybe. :p

Disney Nick
04-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Lani
Cheese fries at ESPN, maybe. :p

Cheese fries.... mmmm.... :drool:

Lani
04-02-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles
Cheese fries.... mmmm.... :drool: Yeep -- anything fried, and covered with cheese, can't be bad.

Andrew
04-02-2003, 03:08 PM
Millies has decent steaks. I remember a time when about eight a.d.d-ers went for dinner and at least four of us had the "cowboy cut." Lani is right, though, they're basically a coffeeshop/diner/greasy spoon. The pictures on the elevator wall in the Park Inn (put there by Millies) are not at all appetizing.

Mimis is a bit more expensive (not a lot) and has overall better food, IMO. Their french onion soup is terrific. I'd pick Mimis over Millies any day (Mimis wasn't open yet at the time of that meet, about four years ago).

adriennek
04-02-2003, 03:36 PM
Well, I normally like going to my local Mimi's even when I'm not at the park. As Andrew mentioned, their French Onion soup is good. Their muffins are good. I have several items on the menu that I like- and they make a reallllly good breakfast. So hands down, Mimi's.

Adrienne K

MammaSilva
04-02-2003, 03:41 PM
I love our local Mimi's .. my favorite lunch is the soup/half sandwich.. chowder and turkey royale on rasin toast YUMMMM....

We've had good luck at Millies when we've eaten there as well tho.. but I agree.. Millies is much more a Dennys style place while Mimi's is much nicer

cstephens
04-02-2003, 03:51 PM
I like Mimi's Cafe more than Millie's, but I'd say the Mimi's across the street from the DL is a little below what I'm used to at Mimi's.

dsnylndmom
04-02-2003, 04:14 PM
I've been to Millie's quite a few times with no problems at all, always very good food and very good service.

The one time I went to Mimi's by DL, the food was so-so and the service was hooooooorrrrrrriiibblllllle!

The Mimi's near us is much better!

I prefer Millie's due to those reasons.

But I miss Alcapulco(sp) They had GREAT margaritas!

Tina:D

JeffG
04-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Millies is a chain as well, although I don't know how large it is. I've eaten at one near my home in Van Nuys a couple times. I would agree that it is a bit lower end than Mimis (although I'd rate Millies as higher end than Dennys), I generally have been more pleased with the variety of the selections on their menu. I also have found that the Millies near Disneyland has better service than the Mimis.

-Jeff

HBTiggerFan
04-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Hands down MIMIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by cstephens
I like Mimi's Cafe more than Millie's, but I'd say the Mimi's across the street from the DL is a little below what I'm used to at Mimi's.

You must have had a bad experience at the Mimi's by the park :( I am sorry to hear that. Every time I have ate there (at the Mimis by the park) the food has been as delicious, and the service has been as excellent as every other Mimis I have gone to.

DisneyFan25863
04-02-2003, 06:10 PM
I like Mimis for Breakfast. Lunch and Dinner there, IMHO, stink :D

Of course, I'd take cheese fries over anything:D

doppio
04-02-2003, 06:40 PM
TIFFY'S IS #1
TIFFY'S has become a breakfast tradition. They have the best breakfast burrito. They have some really cool aerial photographs of Disneyland through the years. Neato!

dsnylndmom
04-02-2003, 06:46 PM
Oh God I haven't eaten at Tiffy's in years! We used to love to eat there! You are right they are sooooo good!!

Tina:D

saturday97
04-02-2003, 06:56 PM
Sorry, I have to insert a write-in vote for Love's!!

Toady The Eighth
04-03-2003, 12:58 PM
The one time I went to Mimi's by DL, the food was so-so and the service was hooooooorrrrrrriiibblllllle!

Perhaps you had a bad experience at Mimi's, and should try it again. Every time I have been the food has been wonderful as well as the service. :D

justagrrl
04-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Mimi's... from the stuffed french toast, to the tasso lasso omelette (what my husband gets everytime we go), to the Mimi mouse pancakes that the kids love...mmmm...

And then there's the corn chowder. Also very tasty.

There's another Mimi's I like better off of Euclid at the 91. It's not too far from DLR if you are in the area.

Toady The Eighth
04-03-2003, 01:11 PM
And then there's the corn chowder. Also very tasty.

The Corn Chowder and the carrot bread are the two things that bring me back every time. I got both the recipes off their website. www.mimiscafe.com and I make both at home.

Yummy!

pokeypoke
04-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Mimi's corn chowder..., yummy yum yum! OH YEAH!

pokey

Toady The Eighth
04-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Anyone who hasn't tried that corn chowder owes it to themselves to do so. :p

Thomas
04-03-2003, 01:48 PM
And this has what to do with the DLR????????

tod
04-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Depends on what you're in the mood for, I guess.

Both have their points, and both have their drawbacks. A day at Disneyland usually puts me in the mood for good ol' protelarian coffee shop grub, and Millie's fits the bill nicely. Other times, I'm with sophisticated friends and Mimi's adds just the right touch. Still other times I feel like real Mexican (Tacos Mi Pueblo at Katella and Walnut) or regular fast food (drive down Katella or Ball and take your pick).

--T
who really misses the Cast Café at the Disneyland Hotel.

Toady The Eighth
04-03-2003, 01:55 PM
And this has what to do with the DLR????????

It has as much to do with DLR as any other post about a restaurant or hotel that people are thinking of visiting.

Thomas
04-03-2003, 01:57 PM
Again, what does this have to do with the DLR?????

So by your definition, I can talk about what new car to buy on the DLR threads????

Toady The Eighth
04-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Well, were you planning to "visit" your new car in the Disneyland area? Because then I suppose you could.

Can't really figure out why you have a problem with people talking about where to eat in the Disneyland area on the Disneyland Discussion boards...