PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR Tron Themed may be added to DCA.

JerrodDRagon
08-01-2010, 11:57 PM
"I’m not sure how good of a rumor is, but according to one report sent in Disney may be planning on giving a large portion of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area a new Tron theme later this year as a promotion for the new film. One possible plan right now is to turn the old Millionare soundstage into ‘Flynn’s Arcade’. A lot of the blacklight theme from GlowFest may stay to be converted into a Tron theme, and a possible scale sized Recognizer may be built to appear as if it was looming over Hollywood Blvd. Can anyone else confirm this?" -Screamscape

Dont know if Disney would really put all this money into such a small promotion (a Tron Meet and Greet would wont just as well and not cost as much)

Your Guys thoughts on this rumor?

darph nader
08-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Kinda "I'll believe it,when I see it" things.

AJDerrick
08-02-2010, 05:54 AM
I would expect to see it in Tomorrowland, not DCA. DCA is getting plenty of attention right now.

carolinakid
08-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Tron=BLECH!!!:eyeroll:

just my opinion.....

goalieump413
08-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Tron=BLECH!!!:eyeroll:

just my opinion.....

Aw, come on! Tron is a perfect short term solution to update a tiring Tomorrowland! I can think of at least two big attractions a Tron-themed area would host. The problem is, we already have juggernauts like Star Wars and Buzz Lightyear hogging lots of square footage. Tron would also only appeal to my generation, 40 year old guys who remember the height of video game arcades.

Gone2Disneyland
08-02-2010, 09:01 AM
I just thought of this: If a TRON-themed overlay were added to either Tomorrowland or Hollywood Studios Backlot, which has more space to accomodate the "expected" increased crowds? I hate to say it, but I think DCA does. MuppetVision 3D and Monsters Inc. have light capacity these days, so long TRON queues wouldn't severely impact those rides. I think the Space Mountain exit corridor against the current Starcade and the exit from the nearby store would get very ugly if TRON were themed in those areas like most of us expect that arcade to be the target.

IllusionOfLife
08-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I've been hearing rumor that it will be the Starcade too, not DCA. But both make sense to me. The only problem that I can imagine is Hollywood Pictures Backlot will probably start into the full scale refurbishment process now that Paradise Pier is done.

Regardless of where it is, though, anyone who was following news from Comic-Con should have a pretty good idea of what it will be.

Flynn's Arcade: Comic-Con 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzlzXICEU24)

Flynn's Arcade: Comic-Con 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WmI--s7T4Y&feature=youtu.be&hd=1)

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that while I admire TRON for what it did in terms of introducing new possibilities for filmmakers, I think that it had a weak story and I wouldn't call it much more than mediocre. That being said, I'm totally geeking out for TRON: Legacy, I can't wait for December 17th, and after seeing the newest trailer you shouldn't be able to wait either:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/disney/tronlegacy/

Bytebear
08-02-2010, 05:38 PM
I think it would be an easy fix to throw the Comicon set into the old Millionaire space. I don't think they are going to just shelve all that now that the expo is over.

JerrodDRagon
08-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Al Posted this today

[text removed]

Looks like Tron will be entering the parks sooner then expected.

cstephens
08-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Looks like Tron will be entering the parks sooner then expected.

Rumours have always abounded. What will actually materialize might not be what's rumoured now.

JerrodDRagon
08-03-2010, 04:19 PM
^yeah we'll see what happens, but Im sure a Tron/glow fest event coming to DCA makes sense cause of all the money they'll make (theme might not fit)

Angie2009
08-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Aw, come on! Tron is a perfect short term solution to update a tiring Tomorrowland! I can think of at least two big attractions a Tron-themed area would host. The problem is, we already have juggernauts like Star Wars and Buzz Lightyear hogging lots of square footage. Tron would also only appeal to my generation, 40 year old guys who remember the height of video game arcades.

40 year old girls like me see the appeal as well. But, I think we're the only ones.

u1nk3n
08-03-2010, 11:41 PM
40 year old girls like me see the appeal as well. But, I think we're the only ones.

I'll throw in an up vote for a 35-year-old guy as well! After reading this thread, I'm gonna watch my TRON DVD tonight.