PDA

View Full Version : Sticker shock - worst deals at DLR

scaeagles
04-02-2003, 05:23 AM
I had to bring this up with the thread down below asking about best deals on meals.

We have a trip booked for 4 nights at the end of July at the GC (made through the DL website). We are staying in a standard room/standard view. While not in shock with what I paid for that, I decided to call and see what upgrading to a suite would be. They only had concierge suites left, and they quoted almost $1800 more! That's $450 more per night just to upgrade to a concierge suite! Talk about sticker shock. We're going to stay in the standard room/view.

What about food? Other hotel prices? What has shocked everyone else?

tjrj
04-02-2003, 05:34 AM
I remember the first time we did a character breakfast was quite a shock at first. I mean-$60+ dollars for BREAKFAST?? But we had vouchers, so we just handed them over.

04-02-2003, 08:18 AM
Room service at the Disneyland Hotel - awk!

Delayed flight + airport bus caught in traffic jam + grandpa with leukemia = room service, don't you agree?

This was four years ago so my memory might be off. I think we all ordered hamburgers and I know our two kids had cute little ice cream sundaes. No alcohol because no one drinks, probably 5 Cokes. Price? I definitely remember it was around $120.

timl33
04-02-2003, 08:41 AM
How about paying $47 for admission into DCA?