PDA

View Full Version : Mom's Family Restaurant/Buffet

dsnylndmom
04-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Can anyone give me some information about this restaurant? We are staying at Park Place Inn so it's right next door & it offer's kids eat free. If it was somewhat decent I figured it would work for our non-character dining night!

Any infor would be great!

TIA
Tina:D

disguy
04-01-2003, 09:07 PM
Well first off it's tacky but cheap. I suggest you take a tour of the food first. We almost went there to eat I asked to see the buffet (middle of afternoon) and it had to of been siting there for quite sometime. So maybe for bkfast or when its fresh it would be good. I would go to I-Hop or Mimies first.

rexfarms
04-01-2003, 09:16 PM
I have heard good and bad things about it, but I have never ate there.:eek:

stinkerbell
04-02-2003, 06:40 AM
We made the mistake of eating there once.....

The food was greasy, the variety and quality was low, there were flies for some reason, and the place was just dirty. Hence the flies? Our server though was really nice. There were six of us and none of us were happy with our meal. I'm not a picky person, and neither is my mom or my husband, but we all just felt a little ill that we hadn't eaten somewhere else, convenient as Mom's happens to be.

I wouldn't eat there again. Except for when you go upstairs for your free continental breakfast in the mornings. That was actually pretty good and very filling......and I think I already described it in your Park Place Inn thread. ;)

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-02-2003, 07:13 AM
We were going to try it for dinner one time, but we took a look at the buffet, and decided NOT to ever go there agian. But, they do have fairly good ice cream counter!!!

Toady The Eighth
04-02-2003, 10:20 AM
The food is NASTY.

Let me make a suggestions though..

Mimi's Cafe is only a couple of doors down (next to the Fairfield Inn) and the food here is WONDERFUL and about the same price as Mom's. Millie's is okay too, but out of the three, Mimi's is FAR superior.

Shannon :)

tod
04-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
Mimi's Cafe is only a couple of doors down [from Mom's] and the food here is WONDERFUL and about the same price as Mom's. Millie's is okay too, but out of the three, Mimi's is FAR superior.
[Edited]

Agreed, Mimi's is wonderful, but for coffee shop food, well made and served, you can't beat Millie's anywhere in the Disneyland area. Unless you have a craving for something specific like a Denny's Grand Slam or a IHOP Stuffed Waffle.

Millie's is also open till 11 or midnight -- an hour later than Mimi's, that's why we went there in the first place.

--T
BTW, if you must go to Denny's, go to the one at 210 S. Euclid, just South of the 5 freeway and a mile or so west of Disneyland, which caters to Anaheim locals instead of tourists and actually has specials. You can find it at Denny's Web site. (http://dennys.com)

dsnylndmom
04-02-2003, 10:58 AM
Thanks for all the help! I guess we'll be sticking with Millie's! LOL

We LOVED Millie's last time, liked it even better than Mimi's personally, I was just hoping this place would be decent since it was right next door. Oh Well Millie's is still close!

Thanks again
Tina:D

stinkerbell
04-02-2003, 10:41 PM
I just remembered, when I was there in October, there was a Kids Eat Free deal at IHOP, too. My daughter and I took advantage of that one night. :)

Lani
04-03-2003, 08:37 AM
One odd thing about the Mom's buffet spread -- they use red heat lamps, which tend to mask and disguise whatever food it is heating with a red tint. "What IS that?" is a question I've said aloud more than once.

disneyscott
04-03-2003, 08:43 AM
I keep giving them chances to be better but it isn't happening. I have never eat there but have gone in and looked at the food about 20 times. Everytime just thanking the host and walking out. The best hint I can give you is to walk the buffet, and see if you would eat there slop, i mean food (if you can call it that)

Lani
04-03-2003, 09:02 AM
I agree with others that you should walk the line. We usually try to do that for buffets we've never tried.

One thing -- it is very cheap, it is very close to the park, and it is all you can eat. For many people, those three factors combined make Mom's a good deal.