PDA

View Full Version : Maynard fans, look here!

Lashbear
04-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Hi all !

This is a link I found on the wallpapers thread, but it has to be the BEST caricature of the one and only MAYNARD that I have ever seen !!

Maynard Desktop (http://www.disneyexperience.com/images/maynard_800.jpg)

Cheers, Mansioneers !
Rob :D

DisneyFan25863
04-01-2003, 06:07 PM
I love Maynard. He is so cool on JC and HM. He even puts life into HISTA!:eek:

cujosr
04-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Super cool pic Lash. is there a larger version? 1024x768?

Mansion Man
04-02-2003, 10:26 AM
I love Maynard. He is so cool on JC and HM. He even puts life into HISTA!

You should see him as Tikki Boy in the Tikki Room! Hysterical!!

"I'm sorry-no pineapple for you!"--Tikki Boy

jslivinski
04-07-2003, 01:03 PM
Love It!

Christiii
04-07-2003, 01:19 PM
anyone know his approx. schedule?? Id love to see him while Im there this week!!:D

cujosr
04-07-2003, 01:35 PM
Like all CM's his schedule varies with the needs of the resort. His location can be anywhere also.

mousey_girl
04-07-2003, 02:03 PM
I once tried to find out if he was working in the Tiki Room during one of our visits. The CM glared at me and said that she had no idea who I was talking about. After that bit of hostility I decided not to ask again.

(this was a CM at the Tiki Room, not Guest Services)

Mansion Man
04-07-2003, 02:28 PM
I once tried to find out if he was working in the Tiki Room during one of our visits. The CM glared at me and said that she had no idea who I was talking about. After that bit of hostility I decided not to ask again.

That was only my third Maynard (first time in the TR) sighting in the many years of annual passholdership. It was total luck. Several weeks ago, my wife and I were at the park on a Friday night. It was near closing, and we were heading back through Adventureland toward the hub. As we came around the corner, there was a cast member at the TR entrance waving his arms frantically and jumping up and down. As we drew closer, we could see that it was Maynard. He was trying to convince people to come in for the show.

He managed to fill the place up. He introduced himself as Tikki Boy and proceeded to interact with the musical numbers, at strategic points. The place went nuts!! Everybody loved it. At the end, Maynard, err... Tikki Boy, was mobbed by a group of guests who told him how funny he was and how much they enjoyed the show. I don't think anyone knew he was a famous CM, but me. I had shaken his hand and said something to him on the way in, and he started goofing on me with the "no pineapple for you" schtick.

DisneyFan25863
04-07-2003, 08:17 PM
For some reason, I keep thinking Maynard is an active member of MousePad, but does not tell us who he really is. No, people, I am not Maynard. You can even ask anyone who I saw at MA to confirm that. ;)

Looks around suspicously at people on MousePad ;)

cujosr
04-07-2003, 11:10 PM
Actually I have spoken to Maynard a few times and I know that he does not even own a computer. He does go to the library every now and then to use the internet, but not often.

PurpleDove33
04-08-2003, 12:12 AM
I want to say that after hearing about Maynard for a long time, around the end of last year I finally got to me the one and only. We heard he was on the JC and we decided to wait for his boat. I was in need of a good laugh. And I really got it too. I laughed so hard, I almost wet myself from laughing. And earlier this year, I was on my way out of the park and saw him in the court yard of the Tiki room and decided to see Tiki Boy. What was so cool, he remembered me from the JC and he decided to pick on me during the show. I think I was sitting right under Jose, so he came by with a napkin to put on my head so my head would be protected from bird poop. And the way he kept checking my head was so funny. His Tiki Boy dance was so fun and it was a total pleasure. I hear he is just as great in the HM. And someone els said he also does Mr Lincoln. I forget what fan web site I was looking at, but it said if you write Maynard, that he would write you back. And yes I got the sweetest card with note back. He truly has made a Disney experience I will never forget.