PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen Lunch vs. Breakfast

QueenofHearts
04-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi,

I'm so excited to have discovered this site. I'm hoping someone can help...does anyone know if the lunch at Goofy's Kitchen as entertaining as the breakfast? Do they have as many characters? Also, how is the lunch (buffet)?

We are thinking of doing lunch instead so we don't miss the mornings in the park, plus we are staying at the Candy Cane, where I heard the breakfast is pretty good.

Thanks in advance!

Doodle Duck
04-01-2003, 09:49 PM
I appologize for not really answering your question but this is an aside. The other night about 7:30 I was pretty excited that we were going to have the buffet at Goofy's Kitchen. There was a 'Dale'..of course a 'Goofy' and a 'Minnie' and a very disappointed me as I refuse to pay $27+ for a Peanut Butter Jelly Pizza and Noodles buffet. I couldn't believe the price! Of course Hometown Buffet doesn't have rubber heads...but I'll use my imagination....so I hope the breakfast or lunch is more friendly to the wallet.
I'll return you now to more normal posters who aren't in sticker shock...:-)

dsny1mom
04-02-2003, 05:07 AM
Unless something has changed since last July, there is no seperate lunch offerings at Goofy's Kitchen. The breakfast/brunch menu, that includes many lunch type items including prime rib, is served from opening through the last seating at 1 or 2, sorry I don't remember.

You will get the same character interaction regardless of your seating time at GK.

dsny1mom

QueenofHearts
04-02-2003, 11:49 AM
Thanks!
What are the hours of operation? Are they different for those posted on the restaurant page of this site? (are they open continuously?)

Nancy
04-02-2003, 12:06 PM
If we are going on the spur of the moment, we usually try to get their for a late lunch/early dinner (before 3pm) to avoid the dinner rush. We have also made reservations weeks in advance. And they serve MUCH more than peanutbutter and jelly! The last time we went (I believe it was in Nov."02) the kids were only $9.99. My kids eat more than I did at $26.:)

jslivinski
04-02-2003, 02:41 PM
We've never done the breakfast, only the dinner. But the dinner is fantastic. The buffet is broken into 5 separate areas.
The center is the "kids" area consisting of 2-3 types of pizza, mac & cheese, spaghetti, chicken nuggets and wonderful popcorn shrimp (I think my husband wanted to crawl under the table when I stuffed my pockets with them on our last visit. What else was I supposed to do, the kids took off to watch the movie and he wanted to go NOW and I was still eating. OK, it was a little bad, but until now no one else knew about it.) :)
Behind the center (towards the dinning area) is the dessert counter. This is beyond description and of course it is located so that just about everyone has to walk by it to get to their table.
To the right of the center is the salad/bread counter. Tasty salads. Not much in the way of bread, basically rolls.
To the left of the center is the fruit counter and the soft serve ice cream machine. My kids love the ice cream machine and all the goodies they load on it.
In front of the center is the hot food counter. One side is a "meat & potato" side and the other side was Mexican the last time we were there (don't remember what was there before that, since this is my least favorite area). Hope this helps you. I think your idea of a late lunch is a good one, you can definitely stuff yourself here.

P.S. While there check out the drawing along the escalator and upstairs lobby (not to mention the pictures in the walkway to the main lobby)

maltbird
04-02-2003, 03:17 PM
We were at Goofys two weeks ago for dinner on a Tuesday night and had a GREAT time.

Characters that I remember were - Goofy, Pluto, Max, Jasmine, and another princess (I have a 6 year old boy so we aren't up on our princesses)...I think there were 2 others characters, but I can't remember who they were.

They did a big dance and invited all the kids to join in, with parents snapping pictures in the background.

All of the characters stopped by the table for a "chat", and all were great fun...The best was the Hug my son got from Jasmine- the look on his face was priceless.

I enjoy good food - it is not unusual for my wife and I to go out and spend a great deal for a 5 course tasting menu at a fine dining place with cocktails & flight of wine, Goofys is not that place. BUT ----- I think that on the whole the place is a good VALUE.

Yes I said that right, a good VALUE.

Yes it might seem pricy, but The food is really pretty good - on par with many middle market places. Prime Rib, Ham, shrimp, fahitas, many veg's, interesting salads, and of course lots of kid friendly pizza, chicken, hot dogs, Ribs, Pasta....But the real killer is the desserts - These are some of the best selections I've seen - and not just the usual stuff, but a warm black forest brownie creation - something that could pass as a wedding cake, many other sweets, lots of cookies, soft ice cream with all kinds of toppings .
We had a bottle of sparkling wine at the standard 100% mark up from retail...not dom pergion, but very drinkable @ $20.

Sure we could have "saved" some money by going somewhere else....but it was the whole package that made it special -

My son loved it...and isn't that what it's all about ??????

stinkerbell
04-02-2003, 10:49 PM
We go each time we are in town, which is more than once a year and always have a wonderful meal and experience. I would eat there even if my kids weren't with me.

I love the salmon and the roast beef. I just go back and forth between them.....while ordering omelettes galore. And the asparagus.....mmmmm..... this is what I go there for. Even at 7:30 in the morning.......

My husband goes for the sandwich makings, the salads, and the warm dishes, especially the chicken.

My kids go for the chicken nuggets, yes even at 7:30 am! :D They love the pb&j pizza, the mickey waffles and pancakes and the yummy warm syrup. They also love the desserts, which are to die for. The fresh fruit is awesome and we always leave with a banana..... :eek:

The characters are great, spend a lot of time with the kids and there is always at least once where they gather the kids and do the macarena or something. It's fun.

I have been there for breakfast, lunch and dinner. One day we went twice!!! :D And I did not notice a change in menu or quality of food, service or characters. Just a significant difference in price. Breakfast is waaaay cheaper, or it was at that time. We plan to eat there for Easter! Can't wait! :)

Doodle Duck
04-03-2003, 08:50 AM
Well maltbird and stink...I'll change my toon...uh tune...and request of the Wife we go for my birthday on Friday.

Thanks!

Doug

stinkerbell
04-03-2003, 09:25 AM
Okay, I would give anything to see the characters singing to our favorite MP curmudgeon!! ;)

Enjoy! Be sure your wife tells them it's your birthday, you'll get a gooey yummy cupcake with all the fixin's..... super yum! In October, Cassidy and I went with a couple celebrating their wedding and we were all so full that none of us could finish that cupcake!! And it was just one cupcake for four people.

That's my dad's birthday, too. Have a great one!!! :)

~Claire

QueenofHearts
04-03-2003, 10:36 AM
Is there a price difference between paying at the restaurant vs. getting is as part of WD Vacation Package?

Also, do they still have breakfasty type things (pancakes, etc) around noon-1:00 pm?

Thanks!

stinkerbell
04-03-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by QueenofHearts
Is there a price difference between paying at the restaurant vs. getting is as part of WD Vacation Package?

Also, do they still have breakfasty type things (pancakes, etc) around noon-1:00 pm?

Thanks! I think the voucher doesn't quite cover the cost, or that was the experience of my friends. Ours did. But I'm sure that differs according to the package you have. I would definitely ask. Don't want surprises..... ;)

And yes, at lunch time, there are breakfast items. Yum!

Enjoy!!! :)

jslivinski
04-03-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by stinkerbell
We plan to eat there for Easter! Can't wait! :) Make sure you get your reservation early, I'm sure they will fill up fast for Easter.

stinkerbell
04-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by jslivinski
Make sure you get your reservation early, I'm sure they will fill up fast for Easter. Done, and you are right, it's crazy that weekend. :)

leota's necklace
04-03-2003, 03:57 PM
My husband and I make a point of having breakfast at Goofy's at least once during our trips...it's a breakfast that will last us through nearly an entire day of exploring the Parks.

As far as characters go -- try sketching them on your placemat. This brings every character in the joint over to your table. My hubby is an artist and as soon as he'd started drawing, we were surrounded. Alice sat for him and demanded a portrait and made a point of commenting on his technique the whole time, entirely in character. Aladdin and Jasmine also posed, as well as Baloo, Goofy, and Pluto. And everybody wanted to keep their sketches.

So, yeah, I recommend breakfast over lunch, as it gives you more time to burn off the calories :)