PDA

View Full Version : Adult on Dumbo Ride

msr709
04-01-2003, 07:19 AM
I am going to DL for the first time this summer (7/30-8/4/03). This might sound silly, but I've gone to WDW about 5 times in the last 4 years and I've never had a chance to ride Dumbo (one of my favorite characters). I know its mostly a kids ride but I really want to ride and have my picture taken on it. When is it a good time for an adult to try to ride Dumbo at DL? At WDW I tried going in the AM but the line was already a mile long by 10Am!! And there were so many little ones I didn't want to take away from them so I decided to come back at night and it was closed! So any clue on this would be appreciated. TIA;)

Doodle Duck
04-01-2003, 07:27 AM
It's just so darn popular! But you had the right idea...at night...later the better. That's when we get on it and Casey Jr. with little wait times.

msr709
04-01-2003, 07:39 AM
Thanks Doodleduck, I thought so, just wanted to confirm it. BTW cute username! :D :D

Matterhorn Fan
04-01-2003, 07:45 AM
Best time for Dumbo is when the park first opens. If you get there in time for the rope drop, you can head straight for Fantasyland, be the first on Dumbo, and ride all the other rides there in under an hour.

RideMax Mark
04-01-2003, 09:06 AM
Yep, the best time of day for Dumbo is either first thing in the morning or late at night (after 10pm). Peter Pan can still have a line late at night, though, so if you want to ride it you're better off doing it first thing in the morning.

blusilva
04-01-2003, 09:10 AM
I usually try to hit it late at night. It offers some very pretty views of Fantasyland at night!

MouseWife
04-01-2003, 09:27 AM
Do they still have the Dumbo on the side set up for photos?

Not the same as being on the ride but great for photos. : )

msr709
04-01-2003, 09:28 AM
Besides being one of my favorite movie characters, I know the view from Dumbo should afford some wonderful pictures. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to reply. Have a Disney Day:D

mad4mky
04-01-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by MouseWife
Do they still have the Dumbo on the side set up for photos?

Not the same as being on the ride but great for photos. : )

I was going to suggest the same thing.

They had the extra Dumbo set up this past January.

If you don't really want to wait in line...or ride the ride (I personally don't ride it or the rockets)...there is an extra Dumbo set over to the backside of the ride, where you can hop on in...and someone can take a picture of you!:D

julia
04-01-2003, 01:18 PM
Hello,

It is great to find another grown-up(s) who love(s) the Dumbo ride at Disney World and Disneyland! My father took me on Dumbo when I was 4 in 1974 and again, when I was 19 in 1989. It is a tradition for us to go on that ride together - I was at Disney World without him in late February and just couldn't bear to go on the ride by myself.

Oh, well, so my body grew up, but not my heart; I am still 6 in my heart....

Have a great day!

furbE95
04-01-2003, 01:35 PM
i would agree that late at nite is the best time to ride the popular fantasyland rides. All the little ones are already in bed.

While just after the park opens is a good time for any ride, i would save that time for the more popular thrill rides like indy or space mountain.