PDA

View Full Version : Random "You're AP is expiring" emails

daveywest
07-27-2010, 03:09 PM
I've received several legitimate looking emails saying my AP is expiring shortly (specifically saying in 7 days) in the last week or so. Trouble is my current AP doesn't expire until the end of October.

Anyone else get any of these messages?

AVP
07-27-2010, 03:25 PM
I've received several legitimate looking emails saying my AP is expiring shortly (specifically saying in 7 days) in the last week or so. Trouble is my current AP doesn't expire until the end of October.

Anyone else get any of these messages?If you like, forward one of them to me at avp at mouseplanet dot com and I'll see what I can find out. We've previously determined that some suspicious-looking e-mail sent to people using the payment plan were legit, but this does sound odd. Of course, I just got a copy of Backstage Pass that says "we miss you," so clearly something's up with their database.

AVP

JerrodDRagon
07-27-2010, 03:39 PM
^I got the same email and my passes is good until November.....maybe its early advertising to get us back;-)

Tinkermommy
07-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Of course, I just got a copy of Backstage Pass that says "we miss you," so clearly something's up with their database.

My Disney buddy and I both got these "We want you back" issues as well -- in May. My PAP renewed in July; hers renews in October. We both thought it was weird, since neither had expired. (Our family members have the same expiration dates as ours.)

I did get an "about to expire" email -- about two weeks AFTER I paid the renewals online (in full; no payment plan).

Oddly enough, for the past two years, I have not received any renewal paperwork in the mail. I just remember the renewal date (7/17) and go online to do it. Good thing I don't forget! I'd think someone was stealing them from the mail, except it's two different addresses in two different cities.

I vote for the database issue!

olegc
07-27-2010, 08:25 PM
all of this started happening right when the Disneyland website (and as a result, the AP website) went through its transformation to the WDW look and feel. I took a survey on it about 5 months ago and knew this is what they were pushing since all the easy answers were geared towards changing the site to look like WDW's.

I guess the parks synergy thing that rasulo started is still in full force - or Disney Travel is now responsible for web design elements.

However, that logically should not have affected the database. It did, though. I had to re-register my AP on the site about a month ago and the page claimed I was a new passholder - although I have held it for 10 years..

Yes, AVP, you should be asking questions of the parks to find out what's up (that, and of course, they fact that their web pages tend to have slightly different info about the same topics).

mousecanuck
07-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Probably unrelated (some of the timeframes mentioned are too scattered) but for a magazine subscription I purchased for a band fundraiser for my daughter, I started getting renewal notices only four months into my year subscription. I sent them a nasty reply in one of the envelopes (seriously, they'd send a long renewal notice, renewal application and the envelope with prepaid postage to return and likely would have several times through out the remainder of the year - way to kill trees!) asking that they not ask me again until a month or two prior to the expiry; they never sent another notice, ever, which was fine (the magazine was iffy anyhow...)

Merm8fan
07-28-2010, 06:51 PM
... I had to re-register my AP on the site about a month ago and the page claimed I was a new passholder - although I have held it for 10 years..

So far, I have had to enter in my name and AP number twice - even though the site has me as signed in, addresses me by name, and displays my AP info as 'saved' each time I have entered it. We'll see... if it doesn't 'take' again, maybe the third time's the charm!

daveywest
07-30-2010, 09:20 AM
If you like, forward one of them to me at avp at mouseplanet dot com and I'll see what I can find out. We've previously determined that some suspicious-looking e-mail sent to people using the payment plan were legit, but this does sound odd. Of course, I just got a copy of Backstage Pass that says "we miss you," so clearly something's up with their database.

AVP

I've forwarded both messages I recieved – one at 15 days out, and the one that said I have only 7 days left.