PDA

View Full Version : Blue Fairy Hologram on Pinocchio Ride?

Flygirl
07-27-2010, 01:59 PM
We were at Disneyland 4 years ago and noticed a really cool hologram of the Blue Fairy at the end of the Pinocchio ride. Then 2 years ago it was not there. Has anyone else seen this? Was it my imagination? Maybe it just wasn't working 2 years ago?

candles71
07-27-2010, 02:51 PM
We were at Disneyland 4 years ago and noticed a really cool hologram of the Blue Fairy at the end of the Pinocchio ride. Then 2 years ago it was not there. Has anyone else seen this? Was it my imagination? Maybe it just wasn't working 2 years ago?

I have never not seen her. She is always there when we go. But she disappears, and then reappears, perhaps she either wasn't working that day, or you caught her between appearances?

DLANDLUVR
07-27-2010, 06:20 PM
I remember her!

nbaum
07-27-2010, 06:38 PM
I have never not seen her. She is always there when we go. But she disappears, and then reappears, perhaps she either wasn't working that day, or you caught her between appearances?

This.

1DemonLlama
07-27-2010, 06:46 PM
I just rode that &*$% ride five times as part of Mouse Adventures. She was always there.

You know what seemed to be an apparition? The candy apple sign, that's what.

Love,
A Demon Llama, who may be a little bit scarred by the whole Mouse Adventures adventure, but that doesn't mean she won't be bac

Nikara
07-27-2010, 07:31 PM
I just rode that &*$% ride five times as part of Mouse Adventures. She was always there.

You know what seemed to be an apparition? The candy apple sign, that's what.

Love,
A Demon Llama, who may be a little bit scarred by the whole Mouse Adventures adventure, but that doesn't mean she won't be bac

We managed to get that one in 2 rides, but we certainly weren't pleased about going back on it again!

I suspect that the rider numbers for Pinnocchio were way up for those 2 weekends. Now, anyone who did that quest will never go on the ride again! (Or at least wait until the painful memory has faded).

dznyphreak
07-28-2010, 08:19 PM
1) She's not a hologram, but what is called a "Pepper's Ghost." I'll let you Google it if you don't mind spoiling the magic. ;)

2) I, for one, enjoyed that quest. Got it on the first try and loved the scratchers. :)

MadasaHatter
07-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Hologram??? Pepper Ghost???? I thought it was the Blue Fairy and I thought that she was magic.....ah well.....of course, I am mad....

DaDuckFan1955
07-28-2010, 08:39 PM

is this what you were talking about?

http://garycarter.smugmug.com/Theme-Park-Disneyland-May-2009/k200-Disneyland-May-10-2009/8236765_rRQA9#538731787_EZKbn

dznyphreak
07-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Hologram??? Pepper Ghost???? I thought it was the Blue Fairy and I thought that she was magic.....ah well.....of course, I am mad....

The Blue Fairy is out granting wishes! The world would be such a sad place if she was holed-up in a theme park ride...

...though I heard that, sometimes, if you wish on the Wishing Star just before going into Gepetto's Workshop, the real Blue Fairy will be there. :)

Flygirl
07-29-2010, 07:41 AM
is this what you were talking about?

http://garycarter.smugmug.com/Theme-Park-Disneyland-May-2009/k200-Disneyland-May-10-2009/8236765_rRQA9#538731787_EZKbn

Yes--that's it. And I must admit I cannot tell a hologram from a pepper ghost, but thanks for all the info, everyone! :D Even my 14-year-old son missed seeing her last time.

Nancy
07-29-2010, 11:22 AM
1) She's not a hologram, but what is called a "Pepper's Ghost." I'll let you Google it if you don't mind spoiling the magic. ;)

OK.... I did. Very cool. I'd never heard of this before!

HauntedKid
07-29-2010, 12:18 PM
The Blue Fairy is out granting wishes! The world would be such a sad place if she was holed-up in a theme park ride...

...though I heard that, sometimes, if you wish on the Wishing Star just before going into Gepetto's Workshop, the real Blue Fairy will be there. :)

Ok I`ll whish so hard that maybe youll hear it hahahahaha :p

dznyphreak
07-29-2010, 09:29 PM
OK.... I did. Very cool. I'd never heard of this before!

The same technique is more famously used in the Haunted Mansion's ballroom scene. :)

Ok I`ll whish so hard that maybe youll hear it hahahahaha :p

Don't mock the power of the Wishing Star! :p