PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard about this years price increase?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

3Princesses1Prince
07-26-2010, 09:08 AM
I guess mousesavers sent out an email saying prices were expected to go up Sunday...I don't know if it was for WDW or DLR but I know they generally go up around the same time. Anyone else hear anything? I'm not sure if they sent it because of past history with price increases or because they actually know something.

AVP
07-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Disneyland has a tradition of making their price increases effective the first Sunday in August. They are usually announced the previous Friday. In today's Update, I encouraged folks who are in the market for tickets to consider buying them before the next price hike.

AVP

3Princesses1Prince
07-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks! I hadn't gotten to the update yet. :eyeroll:

familymemories
07-26-2010, 10:49 AM
I guess mousesavers sent out an email saying prices were expected to go up Sunday...I don't know if it was for WDW or DLR but I know they generally go up around the same time. Anyone else hear anything? I'm not sure if they sent it because of past history with price increases or because they actually know something.

I just got off the phone with a cast member from disney travel. The guy checked with his supervisors and they have not heard anything yet of a price increase. They did say that history shows on Aug 1st the last few years there has been one. As of today no news of an increase.

I am going to be checking in online the rest of the week to see if there is news of one.:confused:

Drince88
07-26-2010, 11:20 AM
I just got off the phone with a cast member from disney travel. The guy checked with his supervisors and they have not heard anything yet of a price increase.
But they are often the very last to know.

Also, I believe it was last year, 'word got out' on Friday about the price increase on Sunday - and you couldn't buy anything online after Friday - so even though people KNEW There was a price increase in the future, they couldn't do anything about it.

If you want to be safe and avoid a price increase, based on historic information, I recommend buying tickets this week and not waiting until you read something confirmed.

familymemories
07-26-2010, 11:24 AM

Also, I believe it was last year, 'word got out' on Friday about the price increase on Sunday - and you couldn't buy anything online after Friday - so even though people KNEW There was a price increase in the future, they couldn't do anything about it.

If you want to be safe and avoid a price increase, based on historic information, I recommend buying tickets this week and not waiting until you read something confirmed.

Thanks for letting me know.

Sleeping Suzi
07-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Will AP prices go up?

lovindisneyland
07-26-2010, 02:55 PM
..yes tickets go up and so do pass's...

, if every P AP holder keeps there pass’s in good standing and renews before there xpration date then the new price increase won’t hurt our wallets too much cause we get that X amount of dollar discount.

Malcon10t
07-26-2010, 03:41 PM

If you want to be safe and avoid a price increase, based on historic information, I recommend buying tickets this week and not waiting until you read something confirmed.Just want to repeat this. The last couple of years, it was rumored, and like always, CMs had no knowledge until the website showed it. Last year, they didn't clear the tickets form the Disney Store for about a week after the price increase.

TO those going before Sept 30, get the tickets now.

Will AP prices go up?More than likely. Traditionally, APs go up in Aug or Sept. Last year, we had 2 increases.

Sleeping Suzi
07-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Is there a link to the price increase? I have trips planned for Oct and Dec and might need to buy passes before the increase for my family members

Malcon10t
07-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Is there a link to the price increase? I have trips planned for Oct and Dec and might need to buy passes before the increase for my family membersThere usually isn't a link until the price increase goes into effect.

letshavefun
07-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks so much for this info. We have a party of 6 going in August and for some reason I was holding out on buying the passes. But not now they are all bought. Yah were going to Disney.

Malcon10t
07-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Here is the Mouseplanet update for 2008 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/8478/Disneyland_Park_Update#news2) for the increase.

Here is the 2009 Update about the increas (http://www.mouseplanet.com/8929/Disneyland_Resort_Update#news1)e.

quackinup
07-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Hmmmm...I was planning on holding off on renewing my DAP until I visited in October. I didn't think the renewal discount was worth the 2 months that I could extend by waiting...but I didn't think about a price increase.

CMHusband
07-26-2010, 08:57 PM
As usual they will be going up. Probably on a Sunday the 8th. They are really good at keeping this quiet although most locals see it coming.

quackinup
07-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Hmmmm (again :p). Doing some math. If the DAP goes up $20 like last year then I will save a total of $40 by renewing before my expiration (8/17). But if I wait until I go mid October renew will have an extra 2 months at the end of my new pass, so that would be $20 per month to get those months. Currently the DAP costs $25 a month, so it sounds like waiting is still the better plan for me. Does that make sense? Is my math right? :confused:

Malcon10t
07-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Hmmmm (again :p). Doing some math. If the DAP goes up $20 like last year then I will save a total of $40 by renewing before my expiration (8/17). But if I wait until I go mid October renew will have an extra 2 months at the end of my new pass, so that would be $20 per month to get those months. Currently the DAP costs $25 a month, so it sounds like waiting is still the better plan for me. Does that make sense? Is my math right? :confused:Yep, makes sense and cents. But you will have until the 17th to decide, as they will honor your renewal price if you decide you want to renew.

Maus
07-27-2010, 07:30 PM
I need to buy an annual pass for my grandson who will be three mid-September. Once you make the purchase online how long do you have to turn it into a pass at the park? And then will it expire one year from the date you receive the pass? It's been a long time since I've bought a new pass.

ChurroGirl
07-27-2010, 07:51 PM
From date of purchase you have one year to actually use it, then from the first date of use thats when your year of Disney begins.

Ex: I purchased my DAP on August 26th of last year but didnt go until Sept 18th. When I went on 9/18 and went to the bank and did all the fun DAP stuff thats when my year started. I used it 9/18/09, so it will expire 9/18/10

JerrodDRagon
07-27-2010, 08:00 PM
If there like anything like the price hike like the Halloween Party then tickets might go up 10 bucks or more, lol

Malcon10t
07-27-2010, 08:07 PM
I need to buy an annual pass for my grandson who will be three mid-September. Once you make the purchase online how long do you have to turn it into a pass at the park?It will have an expiration date on it when you buy it. Generally it is usually 3 months out. If you exchange it before the exp date, your year starts the first day you enter the park.

After the expiration date, you will have to pay the difference between what you paid and the new price if there has been an increase. At this time of year, the APs usually have until Jan 1st for an expiration.

disneyshoes
07-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Humnmm what to do- we have tickets that came with our hotel package. We were planning on upgrading to AP but cannot do that until we get there- we asked if we could upgrade our package but we were told we have to wait until we arrive. Does anyone know if you upgrade at a Disney store not just buy an AP but upgrade?

GrumpyGoofyGuy
07-27-2010, 10:42 PM
It will have an expiration date on it when you buy it. Generally it is usually 3 months out. If you exchange it before the exp date, your year starts the first day you enter the park.

After the expiration date, you will have to pay the difference between what you paid and the new price if there has been an increase. At this time of year, the APs usually have until Jan 1st for an expiration.

Buy now and they are good at the purchased price until January 1? Isn't that over 5 months? How do you find out for sure anyway? We're going in December and I'd buy now if it would lock the price in-If not, I'll wait.

3Princesses1Prince
07-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Buy now and they are good at the purchased price until January 1? Isn't that over 5 months? How do you find out for sure anyway? We're going in December and I'd buy now if it would lock the price in-If not, I'll wait.

It'll say on your voucher. I know some who have bought their voucher already and it says "valid through Jan 3, 2011".

GrumpyGoofyGuy
07-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Same thing if you buy a gift voucher right now? I would think that would be the safest purchase if you were not sure you could use them by that date-I suppose you could give them to somebody else since they wouldn't be assigned to anybody until they were used. Is that correct?