PDA

View Full Version : Snow White Update! [Spoiler Alert]

Pages : [1] 2

JerrodDRagon
07-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Its been rumored for a couple of months now that Tony Baxter has been getting ready to install some effects into the snow white ride.

We'll from what I hear the effects have been working since yesterday.

What are they

1) In the transformation scene (where the witch becomes the hag) there is new lighting effects, and when she transformers now you hear thunder and see lightening, and then the lights dim and spiderwebs appear in the room.

2) At the end of the ride a new Rain effect had been added to make the scene more like how it is in the movie. I even hear that on the base of the mountain the dwarfs are on, it looks like the water is running down the side of it.

So I will have Video by next weekend but until then we'll have to wait for someone to post something (or go to the park) to see these new effects.

spectromen
07-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Thank you! I've been riding this a lot more than usual lately hoping to see the changes and saw nothing. Good to know!

JeffG
07-25-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't suppose they actually added an ending to the ride, did they?

-Jeff

olegc
07-25-2010, 07:41 PM

-Jeff

yeah - an ejector seat to make you exit even faster... :p

seriously they need to figure that one out someday.

Kuzcofan
07-25-2010, 08:59 PM

-Jeff

It does end they all die. the queen gets hits by lightning and dies, causing the boulder to fall and roll over and crush all the dwarves. ie scary adventure....:D

dznyphreak
07-25-2010, 09:45 PM
I also noticed the last time I rode it (within the last month or so) that the poison apple she holds over the cauldron turns into a skull, kind of like in the movie. Is this something new or did I not notice it all these years because my eyes were closed?? :p

JerrodDRagon
07-25-2010, 11:04 PM
That might be new, I have never seen that here's a Video (its 3 years old) and I dont see that effect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkMJnobFLUE

danyoung
07-26-2010, 01:30 PM
I also noticed the last time I rode it (within the last month or so) that the poison apple she holds over the cauldron turns into a skull, kind of like in the movie. Is this something new or did I not notice it all these years because my eyes were closed?? :p

That effect has been there for a number of years. It's also been not working quite a bit, so it's entirely possible that it just might have been broken when you went through. I think it's one of the better effects on any attraction!

olegc
07-26-2010, 01:48 PM
That effect has been there for a number of years. It's also been not working quite a bit, so it's entirely possible that it just might have been broken when you went through. I think it's one of the better effects on any attraction!

ditto to what danyoung said. it's been there for a number of years..

moofeet
07-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Has the Ride changed ALOT since its original incarnation?

Vegitabeta
07-27-2010, 12:41 AM
I only ever heard of the witch being made less scary.

smd4
07-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Has the Ride changed ALOT since its original incarnation?Yes.

JerrodDRagon
07-27-2010, 10:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuFhJHwD6-g&feature=sub&videos=r1G17vcYXjg
^A video someone took from the ride, you can see that the Transformation room is very different now (very cool) and the rain scene looks cool too but in the video that part is too dark to see the full effect.

DisneyIndy
07-27-2010, 01:36 PM
The enhancements look great. The scene with the queen transforming and the rain and lightning at the end look really cool!

moofeet
07-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Yes.

Thank you for your detailed insight! ;)

ChurroGirl
07-27-2010, 04:24 PM

The original version was apparently extremely frightening to children. So during the refurb of Fantasyland they changed the ride a bit and also changed the ride name to Snow White's Scary Adventure.

Rufus T Firefly
07-27-2010, 07:07 PM
The original version was apparently extremely frightening to children. So during the refurb of Fantasyland they changed the ride a bit and also changed the ride name to Snow White's Scary Adventure.

And Snow White didn't appear in the original version. You were supposed to see everything from her point of view.

ChurroGirl
07-27-2010, 07:54 PM
And Snow White didn't appear in the original version. You were supposed to see everything from her point of view.

That is correct! I thought the concept of the original ride was kind of odd, I would never have wanted to be in Snow's shoes!

u1nk3n
08-04-2010, 02:32 AM
I went on this attraction literally hundreds of times before I saw the movie when I was a kid. Even though I knew the general story, the ending (or lack thereof) always confused the heck out of me. I always thought the witch dropped a rock on the dwarfs and that this somehow made Snow White live happily ever after. It wasn't until I saw the movie that the ride made any sense at all.

potzbie
08-04-2010, 07:26 AM
I went on this attraction literally hundreds of times before I saw the movie when I was a kid. ... It wasn't until I saw the movie that the ride made any sense at all.

Yowza! Ain't that the truth!

"Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" didn't make sense. Then I saw the animated film "Wind in the Willows."

Unfortunately, the ride still doesn't make sense. :confused:

SnowJen22
08-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Mr. Toad's does not really make sense, but it does teach a valuable lesson...if you do bad things you go to underworld!

codewoman
08-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Mr. Toad's does not really make sense, but it does teach a valuable lesson...if you do bad things you go to underworld!

I always thought it was ironic when I'd go to hell in Disneyland. :confused:

ChurroGirl
08-06-2010, 04:50 PM
My parents got stuck once in the Hell scene. They said it was miserable even for the few moments they were in there.

dban3
08-08-2010, 10:04 AM

It's a good thing that small children are usually so enthralled by being in a funny looking car that they don't ask about what they just saw - a ride that promotes drunk driving, mouthing off to a cop, and taking a trip to hell. Eeeck!

WDW veterans still lament that their Toad was removed.

KarenW2
08-09-2010, 01:19 AM
One of the times we went to DL to help cheer me up, after I'd had knee surgery and had to do the parks in a wheelchair (both knees at the same time is NOT fun!) we rode MTWR, my hubby and I ended up with the ride going "101" on us, right when we were sitting in that not so nice place!

Since my hubby was totally mobile, they just had him walk off the ride, but I had to sit in the vehicle, wait for a CM to come to ride the vehicle with me and then I finally got to get out of there!

It was a very long, HOT wait, since they weren't sure what the problem was, so they had to wait for someone to come to the attraction, tell them what to do, then finally the CM showed up, we rode the vehicle out and I got to leave.

It's the only time I've been "there" and I never intend to go "there" again!!