PDA

View Full Version : The Disney's in the details!!

Imaginears
07-25-2010, 12:29 AM
In my passionate plea to Save the Bonita Falls of late (which if you haven't written your letter yet to Disneyland president yet, please do so), and my ongoing crusade to return the People Mover, I've realised that I haven't been praising the Disneyland resort as much as I should. I sometimes thinks it's evident in my passionate pleas and admitted rants, how near and dear the resort is to my heart. It's played such a major role in my life that I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to be Disneylandless. Literally, I just tried and I couldn't do it. So with that sentiment, I wanted to post something positive, and remember how much Disney has done right!!

I thought it would be nice and informative, for fellow Mouse Planetears to mention a detail they've noticed about the park or resort and point out how imaginitive and touching it is to them. It doesn't have to be a ride, or attraction just some detail that Disney added and made them feel good.

For me, I love the new terrazzo floor that was installed in the convention center entrance at the Disneyland Hotel. It's truly spectacular and much grander than I would have expected as that area seems less and less visited. It's a mix of white and royal blue, with the Iconic Disneyland Castle and has tinkerbell in her classic pose. This floor entrance must have cost a fortune or at least it looks that way by the intricate shapes and figures. Just walking in and seeing it makes me feel spoiled by the luxury. Truly an example of Disney doing what disney does best, transporting it's guest to another world, another place!

BTW-If you haven't tried Steakhose 55 for breakfast, you're missing out. Far more resonably priced than Story Teller's Cafe, and a much quiter and more refined experience it's a pleasure to sit in the highback booths with white linen table cloths. I half expect Walt Disney himself to waltz in one morning, perhaps for a meeting with his team of imagineers, a copy of Variety under his arm. My parents and I make the hour long drive for their omlettes, and really enjoy the elegant setting. If you haven't tried it before, treat yourself to a wonderful experience in a very low key setting.
Long Live the People Mover!!;)

Kuzcofan
07-25-2010, 09:11 PM
A very touching and small but very important detail imo. is the light in the window in the fire house. It was where Walt stayed, it is a very nice, very subtle touch and I always look towards it when we get there and when we leave.

Imaginears
07-29-2010, 12:29 PM
A very touching and small but very important detail imo. is the light in the window in the fire house. It was where Walt stayed, it is a very nice, very subtle touch and I always look towards it when we get there and when we leave.

great detail!! My family do the same. Eachtime we leave the park we glance up to see if Walt's light is burning and whether or not he's looking out over us!