PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Question

Pages : [1] 2

Disneylanding
07-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi!
Please put up with me for this is my first year having a pass. So I am new to this and have tons of questions. I've tried to look for answers so you guys wouldn't have to answer the same question 2-3 times but I couldn't find anything...so, I was wondering...
If I already have a So Cal Select Pass that expires Sep 23, 2010 and I would like to renew but this time to a Delux pass would I need to put down the $72 for the down payment? I notice on the disneyland website if you renew you don't need to put a payment down but if you are buying a new pass you do need to put the $72 down. So would I be renewing or buying 'new'? Also, if I do renew at the park I heard I can pick my pass design is that true? And when would be a good time to renew?

Thank you!

Disneylanding
07-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Anyone? Please?

AVP
07-26-2010, 08:40 AM
1) If you're renewing your pass, even if you upgrade to a better pass, you do not need to put down a deposit to sign up for the monthly payment option so long as you otherwise qualify for that offer.

2) *I* thought that the option to choose your design was offered to people who renewed online, not to in-park renewals, so someone who has renewed in-park more recently will have to answer that one. There was a problem with the pass I was mailed after I renewed last time, and I had to have the pass reprinted at Disneyland. At the time, they told me they could only offer me one pass design in park.

3) You can renew up to 30 days prior to the expiration date of your current pass. There's no real incentive to renew earlier than that as far as I'm concerned unless by doing so you can renew at the lower rate. AP prices will likely go up in a week or so, but that's still too early for you to renew. In your case, I'd actually wait for the renewal paperwork to come to you. In the past, there has been about a one-month window where people were sent renewal contracts with the OLD prices, and were allowed to renew at those prices even though ticket prices went up after the letters were sent.

AVP

CariBelle
07-26-2010, 09:33 AM
2) *I* thought that the option to choose your design was offered to people who renewed online, not to in-park renewals, so someone who has renewed in-park more recently will have to answer that one.

I renewed at the park on July 7th and only one design was offered. Generally the renewal letter you get offers a choice of two designs I believe, the standard one (right now the castle with clouds) and a second "exclusive" design for renewing early (I think it has 2 characters on it right now).

lovindisneyland
07-26-2010, 02:59 PM
I Did mine through mail (renewal) i got choice of standaded castle design or mickey and the gang with the celebration/party design.... this is good for online also an they have your photo on file so no need to go and get another photo done, they just send your new renewl card in the mail!!

does that help?

lovindisneyland
07-26-2010, 02:59 PM
you do not get the choice when you renew them at the park.. i don't know why that is..

lowfidelity
07-26-2010, 06:59 PM
I renewed at the park on July 7th and only one design was offered. Generally the renewal letter you get offers a choice of two designs I believe, the standard one (right now the castle with clouds) and a second "exclusive" design for renewing early (I think it has 2 characters on it right now).

I can confirm this also. We renewed on the 18th and no choice of passes. Used the GADGADD voucher to take the bite of the PAP. Glad we did it to with prices possibly going up in the next week or so.

quackinup
07-26-2010, 08:07 PM
an they have your photo on file so no need to go and get another photo done, they just send your new renewl card in the mail!!

Does anyone know if you have the option of getting a new pass at the park rather than them sending one with the file picture? My current picture is horrible. I totally look like one of the resident ghosts from HM. Seriously. :eek: It ranks right up there with my conehead picture on my Costco card. It is always good for a laugh from the CM at the turnstile though.

CMHusband
07-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know if you have the option of getting a new pass at the park rather than them sending one with the file picture? My current picture is horrible. I totally look like one of the resident ghosts from HM. Seriously. :eek: It ranks right up there with my conehead picture on my Costco card. It is always good for a laugh from the CM at the turnstile though.

yes, you ca go to the AP center and have a new picture taken at least once per year if you desire.

CMHusband
07-26-2010, 08:54 PM
1)

3) You can renew up to 30 days prior to the expiration date of your current pass. There's no real incentive to renew earlier than that as far as I'm concerned unless by doing so you can renew at the lower rate. AP prices will likely go up in a week or so, but that's still too early for you to renew. In your case, I'd actually wait for the renewal paperwork to come to you. In the past, there has been about a one-month window where people were sent renewal contracts with the OLD prices, and were allowed to renew at those prices even though ticket prices went up after the letters were sent.

AVP

I think you will see ticket increases by the second week of August. (usually Sunday night they change the signs and computer programs) So. get em done now or get ready to pay a couple bucks more.

AVP
07-26-2010, 09:07 PM
I totally look like one of the resident ghosts from HM. My photo is at least 10 years old, still in black-and-white, and seems to lose mid-tone pixels as time goes on. Several CMs have suggested that I get a new photo taken, but now that I have the pass without a photo on it, I don't think there's any point.

AVP

CariBelle
07-27-2010, 07:41 AM
My photo is at least 10 years old, still in black-and-white, and seems to lose mid-tone pixels as time goes on.

The pictures are in color now?

AVP
07-27-2010, 08:13 AM
The pictures are in color now?I'm not sure if they are in color on the APs (I don't think so), but the photo that comes up on the turnstile screen is now in color if you've had a photo taken in the last few years.

AVP

CariBelle
07-27-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm not sure if they are in color on the APs (I don't think so), but the photo that comes up on the turnstile screen is now in color if you've had a photo taken in the last few years.

AVP

Oooh ok! I was going to go take a new one if they were in color on the cards! haha

cstephens
07-27-2010, 10:24 AM
My photo is at least 10 years old, still in black-and-white, and seems to lose mid-tone pixels as time goes on.

The husband and I had those kinds of pictures too. When we went to upgrade last weekend, though, they made us take new pictures, even though the pass doesn't have our picture on it. :(

candles71
07-27-2010, 11:28 AM
The ones without the pictures..... are the ones for both DL and WDW, or did they remove the pictures from DL's also?

Disneylanding
07-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Thank you guys SO much for the information plus more that I was looking for! You guys are the best! Thanks again!!:D

Autopia Guy
07-28-2010, 01:26 PM
My photo is at least 10 years old, still in black-and-white, and seems to lose mid-tone pixels as time goes on. Several CMs have suggested that I get a new photo taken, but now that I have the pass without a photo on it, I don't think there's any point.

AVP

Yeah, it does degrade over the years it seems. But I would suggest getting a new pic if asked by the gate CMs. Even thought the premier does not have your picture on the card, it is still associated with your pass and shows up when they scan it at the turnstile. And if they cant tell its you on the pic, don't be surprised if they start asking for ID at the gate then too.

The ones without the pictures..... are the ones for both DL and WDW, or did they remove the pictures from DL's also?

Correct, it is not on the Premier card it self, but still associated with your pass in the Disneyland ticket system.

candles71
07-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Correct, it is not on the Premier card it self, but still associated with your pass in the Disneyland ticket system.
That's what I figured, but I thought I would ask. WDW finger-prints, right?

Kuzcofan
07-28-2010, 05:09 PM
I had the special online design, but my picture was so old sometimes I had people double checking to make sure it was me. I decided to get a new picture taken. It was very easy, took only a couple minutes, but I did not get a choice I got a different card. (I had the party card now i have the cloud card). IMO it really isn't that big of a deal as long as the card lets me in the parks. :D

JunJunM3
07-31-2010, 07:17 PM
I just have one question, and I apologize if it's redundant and absurd.

I'm finally going to get around to buying a Premium DLR AP especially now with the monthly payment plan option. I'll probably buy it off-site via Disney online or the Disney Desk at South Coast Plaza Mall to avoid lining up at the resort ticket booths. Either way, do I still have to go to the AP processing center at either park to finalize processing of my AP on my first visit as an AP holder?

currence
07-31-2010, 07:24 PM
I just have one question, and I apologize if it's redundant and absurd.

I'm finally going to get around to buying a Premium DLR AP especially now with the monthly payment plan option. I'll probably buy it off-site via Disney online or the Disney Desk at South Coast Plaza Mall to avoid lining up at the resort ticket booths. Either way, do I still have to go to the AP processing center at either park to finalize processing of my AP on my first visit as an AP holder?

If you have never had an annual pass before, or haven't had one recently, you will have to have your picture taken at the processing center and the actual pass (versus voucher for pass) given to you. Depending on when you go, it is a pretty painless process.

If you already have a picture on file, you will still need to go somewhere to trade your voucher for the annual pass. That can be the processing centers or, I believe, the ticket booths (during some peak periods, the ticket booth lines can be shorter than the AP processing lines)

JunJunM3
07-31-2010, 07:39 PM
If you have never had an annual pass before, or haven't had one recently, you will have to have your picture taken at the processing center and the actual pass (versus voucher for pass) given to you. Depending on when you go, it is a pretty painless process.

If you already have a picture on file, you will still need to go somewhere to trade your voucher for the annual pass. That can be the processing centers or, I believe, the ticket booths (during some peak periods, the ticket booth lines can be shorter than the AP processing lines)

Thank you!

AVP
07-31-2010, 08:39 PM
And if they cant tell its you on the pic, don't be surprised if they start asking for ID at the gate then too.Noted. I've always had the impression they've suggested I get a new photo simply because mine is B&W, not because they couldn't tell it was me.

AVP

Malcon10t
07-31-2010, 09:17 PM
The past few trips I have noticed the AP center in DCA hasn't had a line, so it might be the faster of the 2.