PDA

View Full Version : I knew I had a link to this land...

olegc
07-23-2010, 11:12 AM
I have loved NOS and the attractions in it for almost all of my life. I love the actual city of New Orleans - it's history, art, music, and architecture. Every time I come to the park it makes me comfortable to stroll the small shop-lined streets, sample some food (well, imagine it's really NO style ;) ) and maybe take in some music or a ride along with some Pirates or visit some old friends at old haunts.

The Disney parks blog posted today (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=150662) that NOS was opened on July 24, 1966. Well, that makes it exactly 4 years younger than me - and I think this year I will try to celebrate a little extra out there - having some gumbo along the Mississippi and taking in some jazz.

That's what I love about Disneyland - you connect to the emotions and and memories of being at the park AND elsewhere. Adventure and memories await...

uxodas
07-25-2010, 06:03 PM
That's what I love about Disneyland - you connect to the emotions and and memories of being at the park AND elsewhere. Adventure and memories await...

My family relates what i call the "outside world" to things in the park, as a way to keep park memories alive until the next year when we go again. We are all still kids at heart everytime we walk through the gate.