PDA

View Full Version : Marriage proposals in the Park

Pages : [1] 2

Permanecer Sentados
08-01-2001, 03:35 PM
Uhhh, any places other than the grotto where a proposal would be memorable and not too public?

I'm asking for a friend. :rolleyes:

lisap
08-01-2001, 03:44 PM
What about the little courtyard next to the Blue Bayou and character sketching (behind the ornament shop). That's usually a nice quiet, picturesque spot. Have her sit on the steps and you can kneel down below her....I mean your FRIEND can kneel down...

Permanecer Sentados
08-01-2001, 03:46 PM
I'll be sure and let him know about that place. :cool:

lisap
08-01-2001, 05:21 PM
OOh! I just had an idea.

I wonder if you spoke privately with the CM working at the storybook boats they would let you--I mean your friend-- have a private boat and you--I mean he--could do it then. At night, with the little twinkle lights, and a little canoe all to yourself-- (save for the narrator) it would be quite the thing.
;) ;)

Ralph Wiggum
08-01-2001, 07:35 PM
There's a little dock spot right across from Big Thunder(not the one that you use to get one Mark Twain).

Or have tinkerbell hold a sign up as she flys across the sky in believe.

Alex S.
08-01-2001, 09:32 PM
How about you get the two of you up into the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain. Half way down the river you kneel and propose. THen you say "ring the bell once for no, and continuously for yes." Then tell the captain he can marry the two of you if he can get the Twain into international waters.

I must be boring, the Grotto was good enough for me (though it was a last second change in plan).

Ralph Wiggum
08-01-2001, 09:39 PM
you probably cant tell us but what was the original plan?

Morrigoon
08-02-2001, 12:25 AM
Not public? Darn that was the central theme of one of my favorite suggestions I would have given you (public, that is) Okay, haveta get creative... lemme put my thinking cap on...

(Yes I KNOW it looks like a jesters hat, lay off!)

Suggest going through the Sleeping Beauty walk-through in the castle, you can't get much more isolated than that... as you reach the scene where Prince Philip kisses Aurora, well, you know what to do ;)

Another possibility would be the fantasmic balcony. The only drawback is, there would be people with you there.

AH, I've got it (once they take down the construction walls, grr) - the little walkway around Fowler's Harbor. It's just a path from the dock to splash mountain, but you may be able to get a few moments privacy there, it's shady and relatively untrafficked.

Sure you don't want the really public suggestion? It's cute, I promise!

Permanecer Sentados
08-02-2001, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Not public? Darn that was the central theme of one of my favorite suggestions I would have given you (public, that is) Okay, haveta get creative... lemme put my thinking cap on...

(Yes I KNOW it looks like a jesters hat, lay off!)

Suggest going through the Sleeping Beauty walk-through in the castle, you can't get much more isolated than that... as you reach the scene where Prince Philip kisses Aurora, well, you know what to do ;)

Another possibility would be the fantasmic balcony. The only drawback is, there would be people with you there.

AH, I've got it (once they take down the construction walls, grr) - the little walkway around Fowler's Harbor. It's just a path from the dock to splash mountain, but you may be able to get a few moments privacy there, it's shady and relatively untrafficked.

Sure you don't want the really public suggestion? It's cute, I promise!

One of my friends actually just did this. I guess I was too late. What, pray tell, is your public suggestion???

amynicole22
08-02-2001, 10:13 AM
My best friend's husband proposed to her on the staircase inside the New Orleans Square Courtyard close to the portrait artists (at my suggestion). He also considered the courtyard at the Disney Gallery above Pirates, the Snow White Grotto and a couple other places. She accepted and they were married at WDW in Sept of '99 (yours truly was the MOH).

I LOVE the Sleeping Beauty Walk Through idea, but Sleeping Beauty is my all time favorite film, so I'm probably biased.

adriennek
08-02-2001, 11:39 AM
I may get this story wrong because it wasn't me, it was someone else, and (obviously) he had some help from the "inside" BUT

He arranged to have Mickey have the engagement ring (back at Mickey's house in Toontown.) So they went back to Mickey's house to meet the Mouse in his Studio Barn, and Mickey helped propose.

You could kinda do this by asking to be the last people in your group to take photos with Mickey and then whispering along the way to the CMs or something-- or, rather, your friend could.

Adrienne K

mad4mky
08-02-2001, 11:49 AM
Being the Big Mickey fanatic that I am...I think AdrienneK's idea is the BEST. I would have freaked had my husband had Mickey's help in asking me to marry him! Way cool idea!!!!:D

JeffG
08-02-2001, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by adriennek

He arranged to have Mickey have the engagement ring (back at Mickey's house in Toontown.) So they went back to Mickey's house to meet the Mouse in his Studio Barn, and Mickey helped propose.

The park actually charges for this service. If you contact the Fairy Tale Weddings office, they will work with you to make arrangements for marriage proposals that include the participation of the characters.

The characters are not permitted to participate in a proposal if it hasn't been set up through the wedding office.

I know that reading this makes it sound like an act of greed, but this is really more a protective matter than anything else. The characters would be pretty continuously busy with this kind of thing otherwise.

-Jeff

Permanecer Sentados
08-07-2001, 09:16 AM
This past Friday, August 3rd, I proposed to my girlfriend and she accepted. It was the most incredible day ever.

Sparing you the long winded story, I proposed on the balcony of Club 33. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I thank those who replied to this thread for all your suggestions and tips and also thank those who humored me and gave me advice for my "friend".

I'm still in a daze.

Ralph Wiggum
08-07-2001, 09:26 AM
Congrats!! Thats really amazing and a very nice way of doing things!

Sparing you the long winded story, I proposed on the balcony of Club 33. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Oh come on...do tell..do tell...we want details up the wazoo!!!

Lani
08-07-2001, 09:30 AM
A. Why does it need to be private? Are you afraid she will say no?

B. If you are the type to stutter and get too nervous asking, consider writing your proposal in a beautiful poem or prose on a card, and giving it to her in a calmly while in a public place.

C. Go ask Alex. He did the above by the Snow White Grotto, and it made me so happy I started to cry!! :D

amynicole22
08-07-2001, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Permanecer Sentados
This past Friday, August 3rd, I proposed to my girlfriend and she accepted. It was the most incredible day ever.

Congratulations!!!! I hope it's just the first of the wonderful times to come for you two.

Lani
08-07-2001, 10:54 AM

Sparing you the long winded story, I proposed on the balcony of Club 33. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.Wow! Don't spare any details, PS!! Club 33? We wanna hear about it!!

lisap
08-07-2001, 12:32 PM
How wonderful!! I don't even know you--but I'm sure you will be very happy together :D

Once things settle down, please start a new thread and tell us all about it--many of us live for this kind of stuff...

PS. Lani--that's a very good idea about the proposal written down--plus, you will have an amazing keepsake forever. (I kept the tissue I blew my nose on after Ed proposed...not quite as romantic...;) )

PPS. I guess I should say good idea Alex.

adriennek
08-07-2001, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by lani

C. Go ask Alex. He did the above by the Snow White Grotto, and it made me so happy I started to cry!! :D

Hon, no offense, but you cried when I told you that Rainforest called to confirm giving lunches to the kids from Crittenton.... Now, I cry very very easily, my point is-- OF COURSE YOU CRIED, you're LANI!

;) Adrienne K-- who wants to hear the details of the Permanecer Sentados' proposal at C33!

Lani
08-07-2001, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by lisap
I kept the tissue I blew my nose on after Ed proposed...not quite as romantic...;)Oh ewwwwww!!!

lisap
08-07-2001, 01:17 PM
Hey! After 11 years, it's quite dried out. The weird thing is that Ed wrapped the engagement ring in toilet paper and put it in his pocket, and that's what I used to dry my eyes etc.

After all, we were just crazy college kids--what did we know about high style romance...

Permanecer Sentados
08-07-2001, 01:21 PM
It seems that there is some interest in the details of my proposal. :D

Let it be known that I am currently working on a draft of the story that I am sending out to family and friends (yes, I am also calling people, but I was asked by my fiancee to write it down) and that as soon as it is completed, I will share the tale with all of you. Mind you, I will have to leave out one key detail (no, it's not THAT :eek: ) but the essence of the story will not be ruined. I'm still trying to sort through all the emotions and scattered thoughts and trying to concentrate on my work.

Thanks for all the good tidings and well wishes and I will get that story to you soon.

p.s. It's weird saying "fiancee"

JeffG
08-07-2001, 01:35 PM
p.s. It's weird saying "fiancee"

You get used to it right around the time that you have to start using the word "wife".

Congratulations on the engagement! I definitely believe that the best marriages are the ones that start with a proposal at Disneyland. :)

-Jeff

Gemini Cricket
08-07-2001, 01:56 PM
What about a marriage proposal at the top of Splash Mountain's Big drop. Get it? Taking the plunge...