PDA

View Full Version : new ideas for attractions in Disneyland or DCA!

Letterbomb1039
07-16-2010, 10:09 AM
plz share your ideas for some new attractions that you would like to see in either park.:)

I personally think they should do some kind of ride in adventureland thats lion king themed, considering all they had was a parade for it in 1994. it was a huge success so i think they should add something to the park thats a little more permanent than a parade :D

Letterbomb1039
07-16-2010, 10:09 AM
plz share your ideas for some new attractions that you would like to see in either park.:)

I personally think they should do some kind of ride in adventureland thats lion king themed, considering all they had was a parade for it in 1994. it was a huge success so i think they should add something to the park thats a little more permanent than a parade :D

DwarfPlanet
07-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Well they have Lions protecting a sleeping Zebra on the Jungle Cruise :p

But I always thought a Monster Inc. roller coaster themed from the doors chase would have been really cool.

DwarfPlanet
07-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Well they have Lions protecting a sleeping Zebra on the Jungle Cruise :p

But I always thought a Monster Inc. roller coaster themed from the doors chase would have been really cool.

Letterbomb1039
07-16-2010, 10:19 AM
hahahaha :P

wow thats a really cool idea ! i mean the dark ride in DCA is pretty awesome. they would have to get rid of some stuff around it as well to make enough room. but thats a really cool idea :)

Letterbomb1039
07-16-2010, 10:19 AM
hahahaha :P

wow thats a really cool idea ! i mean the dark ride in DCA is pretty awesome. they would have to get rid of some stuff around it as well to make enough room. but thats a really cool idea :)

Bytebear
07-16-2010, 08:48 PM
I think DCA could use a water boat ride (like Pirates or Small World). As to the theme, I guess you could do almost anything. Maybe something themed to Ratatouille, and then have the restaurant surrounding the loading area kind of like the Blue Bayou, but you could even have it really outdoors.

potzbie
07-16-2010, 08:48 PM
For DCA, I have always thought that the #1 no-brainer would be a vehicle (e.g., People Mover? Red Car Trolley?) to get you from the front gate to the back of DCA, i.e., Paradise Pier, and/or circle DCA, so you can get anywhere just by sitting, a la Disneyland Railroad or a la Monorail.

Hey, I would not object to re-introducing the Skyway buckets, and going the aerial route.

Michael24
07-16-2010, 10:16 PM
There are two things I've wanted to see at Disneyland, and one of them we're actually getting.

The first was a Little Mermaid ride. Okay, it's at California Adventure instead of Disneyland, but at least they're finally making one. When they first announced a Finding Nemo attraction was going in where the submarines used to be, I remember wishing it was something to do with The Little Mermaid instead.

The second isn't an attraction, but instead of Red Rockett's Pizza Port, I wish they had tied it in with Toy Story and made it Pizza Planet instead. :D

Tan Da Man
07-17-2010, 10:19 AM
I dont care what they do, or how they do it but there absolutely has to be something Lion King in the park. I fail to see how Cars gets its own land, but Lion King cant even get an attraction

MadasaHatter
07-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Well Dan,

Cars is just easier to design and a tie in with the TEST TRACK technology in WDW makes it a no brainer but......

BACK TO THE THREAD!

Don't even get me started here. I think each land in Disneyland should have a dark ride.

ADVENTURELAND- Lion King or my fave idea of the flying carpet from Aladdin. Maybe Lion King could be ZAZU flying over the jungle. COol huh? What about THE EMPERORS NEW GROOVE or HERCULES. Can we expand Adventureland?

TOMMOROWLAND should have Wall-E somewhere. I know we have BUZZ but I think more of a Fantasyland style dark ride.
FRONTIERLAND- My favorite would be WOODY'S round up and everyone seems to be on the NO MORE TOY STORY kick. I suppose a POCAHONTAS ride would be in order. How about in canoes and make it a thrill-ish ride and have them fly to COLORS OF THE WIND.
NOS- Princess and the Frog but then where would you put it?
TOONTOWN needs a couple more dark rides....CHIP and DALE?
FANTASYLAND- Beauty and the Beast?

I am beat and can't even think about DCA but of course they ARE having a makeover so let's wait and see.....of course I am mad....

DLANDLUVR
07-17-2010, 12:03 PM
ADVENTURELAND- Lion King or my fave idea of the flying carpet from Aladdin. Maybe Lion King could be ZAZU flying over the jungle. COol huh? What about THE EMPERORS NEW GROOVE or HERCULES. Can we expand Adventureland?

Flying Carpet from Aladdin? ABSOLUTELY. Long before I read your comment I was gonna say that! Now I'm all upset that you said something...haha oh well. But I would love a ride like that. That'd be amazing.

mousecanuck
07-17-2010, 05:54 PM
So many good ideas - I've thought of the Pocahontas and canoes one (y'know, going over the falls and all...fun!) and Little Mermaid was exactly what I thought of when there was talk of bringing back the submarine ride (surprised they didn't have Ariel sitting on a rock on the old one - would have been an easy re-furb and Little Mermaid was out before they shut it down, at least I'm pretty sure it was.) 101 Dalmations could be riding in the bumpy truck getting away from Cruella and her goons. Love the Aladdin idea - at WDWorld there is a flying carpet ride already, much the same as Dumbo.

The Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is cool, but for us not something we must do. I do understand those that like the space to let younger ones run (seriously you need to let 'em run at Disney? We never did, just walking around from ride to show to ride to food almost killed 'em...though I admit my son loved Tom Sawyer Island for probably the same reason), but maybe they could put something fun in there and have the trails go around it? I honestly haven't been enough or far enough into it to really say, but it appears to take up a ton of space and could maybe pare down a bit. Maybe Pocahontis ride could go in here somehow and tie in...

Lion King could be something like Timon & Pumbaa's Wild Adventure; I am also a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast - if nothing else, when they do decide to close down Aladdin at the Hyperion, maybe they could put this in there for a while. Don't know why they don't rotate shows somewhat regularly anyhow!

What about some of the 'middle' classics like The Rescuers - couldn't you just see cruising around on a leaf with Bianca and the other mouse (can't recall his name - Benjamin? Something like that...) being chased by an alligator and going in & out of caves with jewels and such?

To go 'around' California Adventure (a la Monorail or DLRR), how about the people mover bubbles from Incredibles??? THAT would be cool, and I'd love to see another way to maneuver around that park.

eta: LOVE the idea of Pizza Planet (seriously they didn't think of this when Buzz is right there???)

Hmmm...so many ideas - hope the Disney Imagineers are listening...

Rufus T Firefly
07-17-2010, 09:33 PM
How about Philharmagic in ToonTown?

Letterbomb1039
07-18-2010, 11:38 AM
There are two things I've wanted to see at Disneyland, and one of them we're actually getting.

The first was a Little Mermaid ride. Okay, it's at California Adventure instead of Disneyland, but at least they're finally making one. When they first announced a Finding Nemo attraction was going in where the submarines used to be, I remember wishing it was something to do with The Little Mermaid instead.

The second isn't an attraction, but instead of Red Rockett's Pizza Port, I wish they had tied it in with Toy Story and made it Pizza Planet instead. :D

u ROCK! i thought the same thing! i mean i know finding nemo is cool but little mermaid is a classic! and the pizza planet thing just seemed like a no-brainer, but all we can do is hope lol

Letterbomb1039
07-18-2010, 11:40 AM
I dont care what they do, or how they do it but there absolutely has to be something Lion King in the park. I fail to see how Cars gets its own land, but Lion King cant even get an attraction

believe me. im like... umm we get a parking lot.. and a parade... really? thanks disneyland.

Letterbomb1039
07-18-2010, 11:41 AM
oh. i failed to mention the little timon and pumba signs at the bag checking station. :|

HauntedKid
07-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Well Dan,

Cars is just easier to design and a tie in with the TEST TRACK technology in WDW makes it a no brainer but......

BACK TO THE THREAD!

Don't even get me started here. I think each land in Disneyland should have a dark ride.

TOMMOROWLAND should have Wall-E somewhere. I know we have BUZZ but I think more of a Fantasyland style dark ride.
FRONTIERLAND- My favorite would be WOODY'S round up and everyone seems to be on the NO MORE TOY STORY kick. I suppose a POCAHONTAS ride would be in order. How about in canoes and make it a thrill-ish ride and have them fly to COLORS OF THE WIND.
NOS- Princess and the Frog but then where would you put it?
TOONTOWN needs a couple more dark rides....CHIP and DALE?
FANTASYLAND- Beauty and the Beast?

I am beat and can't even think about DCA but of course they ARE having a makeover so let's wait and see.....of course I am mad....

wow.....love it!....I agree with everything!:D

MadasaHatter
07-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the kudos Haunted Kid,

I have been thinking that INNOVATIONS should go and a Wall-E dark ride should be put in and it should start out on Earth and be a normal dark ride and then in the middle it should shoot into outer space sort of like a tame roller coaster (think PETER PAN flying over Neverland) and then end again on earth. It should be the grandaddy of all dark rides.

I also think the PEOPLE MOVER should turn into the INCREDIBLE bubble thingies and when inside it should be a dark ride like the movie....there should really be a section with EDNA's Super hero costumes.

I know everyone is over Toy Story but I would love a 1950's (like Disneyland) Woody's Round up ride. Like the old classic show from TOY STORY 2. Is there any space in the BIG THUNDER PASS for a dark ride? Pocahontas could be good too.

potzbie
07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
In a separate thread, I proposed to change Alice in Wonderland to incorporate some elements from the Tim Burton film.

That idea went over like a Led Zepplin. :crying:
(I'm dazed and confused.)

QueenofHearts
07-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the kudos Haunted Kid,

I have been thinking that INNOVATIONS should go and a Wall-E dark ride should be put in and it should start out on Earth and be a normal dark ride and then in the middle it should shoot into outer space sort of like a tame roller coaster (think PETER PAN flying over Neverland) and then end again on earth. It should be the grandaddy of all dark rides.

I also think the PEOPLE MOVER should turn into the INCREDIBLE bubble thingies and when inside it should be a dark ride like the movie....there should really be a section with EDNA's Super hero costumes.

I know everyone is over Toy Story but I would love a 1950's (like Disneyland) Woody's Round up ride. Like the old classic show from TOY STORY 2. Is there any space in the BIG THUNDER PASS for a dark ride? Pocahontas could be good too.

I love the idea of the Incredibles Bubbles on the PeopleMover track - ANYTHING to bring back the PeopleMover type ride would be so wonderful! It's so depressing to see the empty track year after year. I loved the PeopleMover, and how it was one of those relaxin rides you could just get on easily, and I loved how it went "inside" the other Tomorrowland attractions.

As for Innoventions, I went into this for the first time ever last week and, wow, what a waste of space! We couldn't have been more disappointed, even though it was 95 degrees outside we spent about 10 minutes in there. Why not bring an exciting Wall-E dark ride like MadasaHatter suggests, or even easier (no new Imagineering required) how about Mission: SPACE from Epcot?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/attractions/mission-space/