PDA

View Full Version : The Most Magical Spot/Area in Disneyland

wdtv
03-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Okay, here's a fun topic: the most magical spot in Disneyland. You know, the one area that can give you the most chills during the right time of day, and/or can put that uncontrollable & automatic smile on your face.

Mine would have to be the alley in New Orleans. It gives me such an awesome feeling just strolling up & down the alleyway; listening to the jazz music wafting through the beautiful and seemingly endless corridor. I just looooooooooove exiting POTC to the sight of a New Orleans street artist, and passing the cafe & street performers while coming out of the alley. This location is also the best place to watch Fantasmic!.

Mickeyslittlehelper
03-29-2003, 08:10 PM
Anytime, anywhere for me :) Its DISNEYLAND!!! I do like adventure land first thing in the morning or late at night though

MammaSilva
03-29-2003, 08:43 PM
So many choices! Approaching the Partners statue at the hub...pausing to pay quiet respect to the man with the imagination and courage to implement such a 'radical idea' for family fun, then crossing the bridge into the tunnel of the castle.....

In the evening...as we leave the park...going by the flag pole and looking up at the light in Walts apartment and saying a quiet goodbye and thank you until next time...

Ace
03-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Probably seeing New Orleans Square from the Big Thunder Trail on a night when the river is filled (read: not right now) and when there's no Fantasmic, so there aren't huge masses of people or large alligators in the way of the view.

dsnylndmom
03-29-2003, 10:25 PM
The Partner's Statue in the Hub

Standing in the Middle of Main Street looking towards the castle

Anywhere near Haunted Mansion

Just walking into gives me the chills, even more so now since I have my own kids.

rexfarms
03-29-2003, 11:24 PM
Just thinking about this gives me chills.

danyoung
03-30-2003, 05:03 AM
My favorite spot has always been in the Snow White Grotto, listening to the haunting voice of Mz. Caselotti singing and echoing, seeing which of the frogs or fish will be spouting water and which are broken (again!). I fell in love with this spot during my first visit back in 1963 (when I was a bright 6 year old lad), and it's never lost that charm for me.

I also love eating breakfast outside at the Riverview Terrace overlooking the Rivers of America, on a sunny southern California morning with plenty of river traffic.

snappy
03-30-2003, 03:36 PM
Ticket Booths
* Where your $$ Magically dissapears from your pockets!

Most magical spot:
* Standing on Main Street U.S.A and looking down at the Castle.
* Fantasyland skyway loading area. It would take Magic to bring that ride back. :)
* Last but not least!! The entire PARK itself!!

CarlieB
03-30-2003, 03:48 PM
* The start of Main Street, looking towards the Castle

* NOS in general - I love it!

* The back of Frontierland, beside Big Thunder - so well done:-)

*The approach to Adventureland, when you can just hear the music in the background...

tiggerandtink
03-30-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm with Dan, the wishing well. It's great.

heidiwhr
03-30-2003, 04:14 PM
For me, it's a certain table near the water at the Blue Bayou. That is where my hubby proposed April 18, 1996. I will never forget it!

MonorailMan
03-30-2003, 04:28 PM
For me, it's anywhere. But if I had to pick one spot, I'd be the heart of NOS. In there, It just feels like your not in your world anymore! :)

kkmickey
03-30-2003, 06:51 PM
I'll never forget when I took my friend to Disneyland for her 40th birthday. She had NEVER been there before. I was SO excited to take her. By the time we had made the walk down Main Street and stood looking at the castle, I knew my husband had made a BIG mistake letting me go without any kids!!!! What a feeling!!!

danyoung
03-31-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by danyoung
I also love eating breakfast outside at the Riverview Terrace overlooking the Rivers of America, on a sunny southern California morning with plenty of river traffic.

Umm, that should be River Belle Terrace. One of my favorite places, too (sigh . . .).

kisroo
03-31-2003, 06:14 PM
Walking from Splash to HM on deserted evenings.
Walking the BTM trail to Fantasyland on deserted evenings and listening to the "wildlife".
Strolling through the nooks and crannies of NOS~especially at twilight.
In a Splash log, snuggling with Mr Kisroo after the "big" drop.
Snow White's Grotto early am.
When we first walk in and hear the "Tinkerbell" welcome at the turnstiles.
Coming out of the entrance tunnels and into Main Street early am when you can hear the music and the train announcements.
When the queue of Space enters the "control" center room and you know you are almost there.
The Blue Bayou for lunch, by the "river", listening to the banjo and the boats go by...
Ohhhhh, man, too many magical moments/places to mention! I wanna be there!!!:crying: :)

Pan Flyer
03-31-2003, 09:23 PM
Main Street, at the Christmas tree, December 1999. Almost time to do a parade bring-back; hoping, trying, praying that I'd somehow get the planets to align and she'd want to kiss me.

Nope. That's life.

"Complaint department closed!"-Black Label Society

PXSgeek
03-31-2003, 09:42 PM
My most magical spot would be the bridge in the cue for Indy last before you ride, its where after well over an hour of hugging, and sweet talkin I got my 1st kiss, unexpected...quite (REALLY) unexpected but it happened, im only 15 years young and from that moment on ive been inlove with that girl...I get chills when i go there now, cant wait to go back in the next few weeks:rolleyes:

PS: this was on dec.14 in the afternoon so anyone in line at that time that witnessed the worst (sloppiest:p )kiss in kissing history...WE sadly apologize:)

DwoernAdale
03-31-2003, 10:05 PM
Im partial to the fast pass area for the HM. A sweet bells version of GGG, played softly. If it werent a fast pass spot, no one would go there. Its especialy nice after dark.

~DW

rexfarms
03-31-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by DwoernAdale
Im partial to the fast pass area for the HM. A sweet bells version of GGG, played softly. If it werent a fast pass spot, no one would go there. Its especialy nice after dark.

~DW

Kinda scary too huh?:)

DaddyB
03-31-2003, 11:15 PM
Usually around the Mad Hatter's shop on Main street. It's so magical to see the kids running to see Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, etc...

Just the best to see them interact with disabled kids, too. Wrap up every cute Disneyland commercial you've ever seen on TV, and that's it right there at the character meets at the front of Main Street.

danyoung
04-01-2003, 04:19 AM
Hey kisroo, that was quite a list. I read each item and went "yup". We have very similar tastes!