PDA

View Full Version : 3rd World of Color officially added and DCA park hours extended through Labor Day

AVP
07-16-2010, 08:39 AM
It looks like the demand for World of Color hasn't ebbed any, so Disney has dropped the pretense of "adding" a third World of Color show each night. The Resort officially announced yesterday through Twitter that DCA will remain open until 11pm, and that a 3rd show of World of Color is scheduled, each night through Labor Day.

At this point, there is no information about whether they will expand the picnic offering to the 3rd show (unlikely since the picnics currently offered for the second show are sometimes not selling out until right before showtime), nor whether they will add a third prix-fixe dinner seating for the additional show (also unlikely). This mean all Fastpass distribution for the 3rd show will still be via the GRR Fastpass machines.

AVP

cookie7762
07-16-2010, 12:06 PM
The schedule is carried out to the saturday following labor day weekend, and I am disappointed to see there are no fireworks scheduled for this day. This leaves me less hopeful for fireworks during my trip the weekend after that (sept 18). :(

olegc
07-16-2010, 12:41 PM
so - here's a question. Now that a third show is officially added - do they keep giving out WOC Fastpasses for all three shows until they are all gone, or do they still delay and then come back at 2pm or so for the 3rd show.

I ask because if its the former - that means even more time that GRR does not have a fastpass opportunity and with the hot weather it's a little disappointing. I still wonder why they don't split the machines up - these 3 for WOC and these two for GRR, etc. It's just a software change to the system - but I guess they did not think of that in advance either.

kiki
07-16-2010, 02:53 PM
So I read on Disney Blog that Toy Story will remain open which I am excited about but what about Screamin'?

olegc
07-16-2010, 10:04 PM
So I read on Disney Blog that Toy Story will remain open which I am excited about but what about Screamin'?

well, if they did not list it then I think it's not open. they only mentioned TSMM and Mulholland was being open - so that does not say Screamin - right?

kiki
07-16-2010, 11:13 PM
well I wasn't sure if screamin is usually closed during WOC and does it remain closed for the rest of the night or does it reopen in between shows?

Malcon10t
07-17-2010, 06:35 AM
well I wasn't sure if screamin is usually closed during WOC and does it remain closed for the rest of the night or does it reopen in between shows?The amount of time to cycle the ride in and out of service wouldn't allow time to bring the ride up in between shows.

kiki
07-17-2010, 08:54 AM
The amount of time to cycle the ride in and out of service wouldn't allow time to bring the ride up in between shows.

Thanks......well we just know to plan our night time screamin before the first show.

Malcon10t
07-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks......well we just know to plan our night time screamin before the first show.I believe they close the line for Screamin' at 730pm. That allows people in line to ride before cycling out the ride.