PDA

View Full Version : No Wiggles!

adriennek
03-29-2003, 09:48 AM
Just a heads up...

It's sounding like the Wiggles aren't going to be at DLR on April 11 afterall. Apparently, Jay and Cynthia want to scale down the event and save the Wiggles for later.

I'm sure we'll hear more before April 11.

Adrienne K

MammaSilva
03-29-2003, 10:45 AM
Well that just cancelled any incentive I might have had to fight the crowd on opening day...

oohykitten
03-29-2003, 05:32 PM
but wait? They have a contest, and promised little kids they would be there. Sorry to say this but that is ....ed!

adriennek
03-29-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm thinking that there's a clause in the contest that if schedules change, they'll substitute something comprable.

Adrienne K

oohykitten
03-29-2003, 09:05 PM
As an adult I can understand that.... we are talking about shows that able to the 1-5 set. They won't understand, and their parents shouldn't be put in a postion to make them understand.

PurpleDove33
03-29-2003, 09:38 PM
What I heard from a CM who is on the opening team of PlayHouse Disney, she said they wern't going to be inside with the show, but they were scheduled to do a car calvacade. And to stop 4 or 5 times to preform on the parade route. This is what I was told two days ago.

melrose2000
03-30-2003, 08:12 AM
Yes, there is a clause in the rules that said that The Wiggles may not be able to be there and it said that The Wiggles were going to be present -- not in the show -- in fact, it also said that the winner MIGHT be able to meet the Wiggles. In other words, you to sit down next to them, but they don't have to perform or even meet you. Although, if they were in a parade that day, it would have been a big deal for my daughter. I had asked before about a soft opening for this show -- don't they have to do dress rehearsals? How do I get into one of those things. I called about this and the CM told me she didn't know and that on the 11th it was going to be bad, but I should come any other time and it would be a short line. Well, my experience with this show -- when it was touring -- what HORRIBLE. My wife and I walked away, with our daughter calling it MADHOUSE DISNEY. I hope they have the line situation and tickets worked out by the end of the next month, when the So. CAL AP holders can go to the park during the week.

adriennek
03-30-2003, 10:13 AM
I'll let you know if I hear about any soft openings.

My money says that they will have soft openings, but even if the Wiggles were supposed to be there on the 11th and even if they were supposed to be in the show on the 11th, that wouldn't mean they would be in any soft opening performances.

Adrienne K

LifelongAngelsFan
03-30-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by melrose2000
.... Well, my experience with this show -- when it was touring -- what HORRIBLE. My wife and I walked away, with our daughter calling it MADHOUSE DISNEY...

I had the same HORRIBLE experience with the tour. I left with two daughters in tears becuase of the chaos due to the pathetic planning done for the tour.

oohykitten
03-30-2003, 09:06 PM
I drove 2 1/2 hours with just me and my then 2 year old. I got there at the end of one show, and sat there for the next show. We sat with the family of the Polie puppeteers, and had a wonderful time. I am sorry not everyone was as lucky.

Baloo
03-30-2003, 10:35 PM
somehow i was expecting some kind of postponement or cancelation. It seams that lately Disney has had a tough time opening new attractions.

It all started with the oldest of the recent attractions opening.
Who Wants to be A Millionare. This attraction was suppose to hve a very big media event but then 9/11 happened days before the premier. Bugs Land happen to have a good opening but many complained because it ended up happening during Gayday.

Alladin had some timing problems and later was pushed back. Now the next two attractioons openings will be awkward because of the war in Iraq. The way things are going our men fighting in Iraq whould be in the most intense fighting in the capital during the scheduled media events.

Spekaing of the attractions, has anyone even seen a comercial advertsising the attractions opening. It is only a few days away and no comercials at all.

MonorailMan
03-31-2003, 09:29 AM
Well, Al's Miceage article says it. There will be no Wiggles.

Darkbeer
03-31-2003, 10:51 AM
Heck, it wasn't just the Wiggles, looks like Disney told them not to bother to come, since they are cancelling all the Press events!

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al033103a.htm

The performance by the popular children's group "The Wiggles" has been cancelled, and all of the radio contest winners will be told that a CD autographed by The Wiggles will have to suffice instead of the free trip to Disneyland to see the group live. The Playhouse Disney Cavalcade that was planned to roll down the DCA parade route with all of the Playhouse Disney rubber heads on floats several times per day that weekend has also been shelved. Even the ribbon cutting ceremonies with Playhouse Disney and Winnie The Pooh characters cavorting on stage next to a beaming Cynthia Harriss, Michael Eisner and a perky Disneyland Ambassador have been cancelled.

melrose2000
03-31-2003, 02:39 PM
Regarding the person who saw the TOUR of Playhouse Disney. I saw it in Glendale -- which is in Southern California. I could have been the only place in So Cal where it was performing. Anyway -- I talked to MANY people who were in line to see the show -- by the way...the show WAS a 15 min show...maybe a bit longer -- and people were telling me that they got in line at 7am (2 hrs before the mall even opened) for the the first show, which was at about 11am. At noon, people were waiting for the 5pm show. It was INSANE -- and thus, my worrying about how bad of lines there will be for this show at DCA. Has anyone seen it at WDW?

Wizard69
03-31-2003, 10:35 PM
I also saw it at the Glendale Galleria!! Man those lines were crazy!

PurpleDove33
03-31-2003, 11:02 PM
I have just got done chatting with one of the CM's who are on the opening team for Playhouse Disney and she said No Wiggles. They have been canceled. She said it wasn't said either it was because of the war or other reasons.
Well it looks like I won't have to worry about being there on the 11th now. Even though I am not Playhouse Disney's age, I thought I would at least check it out once. To bad the Wiggles won't be there. They are some very cute guys..