PDA

View Full Version : Is he REALLY that stupid?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mowsefan
07-13-2010, 08:17 PM
I went to Disneyland this past Saturday. Actually, I went into DCA first to get Fastpasses for World of Color- what an incredible show. But before that I was sitting at the Main Street Railroad Station waiting to watch the fireworks down Main Street USA. I looked down towards the City Hall side of Town Square and saw a man climb up onto the fence surrounding a tree. He started to carve his intials (I assume) into the tree. I shined my high powered flashlight on him in hopes of discouraging him from finishing his dastardly deed. It didn't work, he kept on carving. I told a train conductor what was happening and his lead called security. Then the guy's wife or girlfriend climbs up on the fence and takes her turn carving into the tree. Security walks by casually and keeps on going. Dumbo (the dude, not everyone's favorite elephant) seems proud of himself that he got away with it. The fireworks go off, which was also an excellent show. Then after as I was headed over to DCA for WOC, there were 5 or 6 Anaheim Police, and several Disney Security people around the dastardly duo. BUSTED!!!!
I will never understand the mentality of these type of people. It would be interesting to know just how much his stunt is going to cost him. :~D

disneylandgirl
07-14-2010, 09:29 AM
5 or 6 actual police officers just because they carved their names into a tree??? That's a little overboard. Ya, they shouldn't be doing that... but they aren't hurting anyone. I think Disney security could have taken care of it.

BlkPearlCptn
07-14-2010, 09:33 AM
I think the police needed to be called in because this was an act of vandalism and defacing private property. Disney security couldn't charge them with the crime, but Anaheim PD could. Just my thoughts.

BTW Thanks for stepping up and getting security involved. Your my new hero!!! :)

candles71
07-14-2010, 09:35 AM
5 or 6 actual police officers just because they carved their names into a tree??? That's a little overboard. Ya, they shouldn't be doing that... but they aren't hurting anyone. I think Disney security could have taken care of it.

Why graffitti/tagging is a crime. Should they let the shop liffters be taken care of by security?

CariBelle
07-14-2010, 09:55 AM

They are harming property that doesn't belong to them, that's enough to get the police involved IMO.

lovindisneyland
07-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Technically that is vandalism! And good riddance to him! You are a hero!! Some people just don’t get it! but on the other hand, he probably just wanted to leave a little bit of him at Disneyland

Zigen
07-14-2010, 10:20 AM
They should have waited for the fireworks to have started, nobody would have seen them do the crime, everyone would have been watching the show.

Most likely, they'll get a small ticket and be free to do this again at another theme park... we need to punish people like they do in other countries... lashing (or whatever the PC name is for it) or chopping off a finger of your choice. Makes you think twice before doing something dumb.

lovindisneyland
07-14-2010, 10:22 AM
hmm maybe we should just..yeah what they said above ^.. a good punishment is a good way to keep it from happening again.

so is there really a place called disneyland jail?

candles71
07-14-2010, 10:38 AM
so is there really a place called disneyland jail?
Yeah it involves "Its a Small World";). Looking for the ordinances, I came across an "old" newspaper article saying there is a reward for those providing info leading to the arrest and conviction of vandals. Not sure in this economy if that would still be valid.

quackinup
07-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Yeah it involves "Its a Small World";).

Over and over? I'm pretty sure that would be classified as cruel and unusual punishment. :)

candles71
07-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Over and over? I'm pretty sure that would be classified as cruel and unusual punishment. :)

Nah, tied to a stake inside.

disneylandgirl
07-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Why graffitti/tagging is a crime. Should they let the shop liffters be taken care of by security?

They are harming property that doesn't belong to them, that's enough to get the police involved IMO.

I didn't mean that they shouldn't be punished... I meant that 5 or 6 police officers coming out for a non violent situation is odd. That's the overboard part. I'm glad they got punished, I don't want to see those things happen to DL.

Gramiangel420
07-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Dumbo would never do that.:crying:
What a dufus, I hope they got more than a little fine, but I do not think they need to loose a digit. Well it would make them think before they did it again, wouldn't it?

Imaginears
07-14-2010, 01:21 PM
This kind of behavior must be stopped. It's carving their initials today, spray painting a wall the next, and who knows what next in the future. For the safety of all at the park, brazen destruction of private property is a serious issue and people like this need to be punished by the police. otherwise it just makes them a little braver to do the next bigger act. Bravo to all that helped catch these creeps. I've never understood people who want to destroy property, especially in such a special place as Disneyland. I personally take it as an assult on myself and all the lovers of Disneyland.

ScottC4746
07-14-2010, 01:42 PM
I went to Disneyland this past Saturday. Actually, I went into DCA first to get Fastpasses for World of Color- what an incredible show. But before that I was sitting at the Main Street Railroad Station waiting to watch the fireworks down Main Street USA. I looked down towards the City Hall side of Town Square and saw a man climb up onto the fence surrounding a tree. He started to carve his intials (I assume) into the tree. I shined my high powered flashlight on him in hopes of discouraging him from finishing his dastardly deed. It didn't work, he kept on carving. I told a train conductor what was happening and his lead called security. Then the guy's wife or girlfriend climbs up on the fence and takes her turn carving into the tree. Security walks by casually and keeps on going. Dumbo (the dude, not everyone's favorite elephant) seems proud of himself that he got away with it. The fireworks go off, which was also an excellent show. Then after as I was headed over to DCA for WOC, there were 5 or 6 Anaheim Police, and several Disney Security people around the dastardly duo. BUSTED!!!!
I will never understand the mentality of these type of people. It would be interesting to know just how much his stunt is going to cost him. :~D

Sounds typical of Disneyland Security --- go way overboard. I am surprised they did not call in the SWAT team.

Mistyj
07-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by quackinup
Over and over? I'm pretty sure that would be classified as cruel and unusual punishment.

But if they had to do it over and over it wouldn't be unusual! ;)

Malcon10t
07-14-2010, 01:46 PM
I meant that 5 or 6 police officers coming out for a non violent situation is odd. Actually, on a Sat night at Disneyland, several officers are already there throughout the resort. It could be it was slow in DTD and they came over to assist.

darph nader
07-14-2010, 01:58 PM
I didn't mean that they shouldn't be punished... I meant that 5 or 6 police officers coming out for a non violent situation is odd. That's the overboard part. I'm glad they got punished, I don't want to see those things happen to DL.

If this whack job is carving into a tree,he more than likely has a knife,not nail-clippers. A show of force will quell 'any' attempts at being stupid any further.

kiki
07-14-2010, 01:58 PM
I work Loss Prevention at a major department store, and if we catch someone vandalizing the store, we do call P.D. and press charges. Most likely if Disney decides to press charges (which they might), "Dumbo" would probably get put into Anaheim P.D. system and given a date to go to court along with paying a fine plus court cost. If Disney decides not to press charges, he would most likely get a ticket and banned from any if not all Disney properties...... Now not saying this will definitely happen, but at my store this is the process that we go thru.

candles71
07-14-2010, 01:59 PM
If this whack job is carving into a tree,he more than likely has a knife,not nail-clippers. A show of force will quell 'any' attemps at being stupid any further.

Excellent point, I hadn't gotten that far in my brain.

The old man
07-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Sounds typical of Disneyland Security --- go way overboard. I am surprised they did not call in the SWAT team.
First, as the OP reported, it was the police who showed up in numbers, not Disney Security. Second, so what? I want creeps like this tracked down and dragged away. Obviously the guy had a knife to carve into the tree--so the police need to be careful until the situation is assessed.

mousecanuck
07-14-2010, 02:49 PM
At the least (carrying a knife/something to carve with aside), the tree may (or may not, depends) die (eventually...even a large tree can die from a small trauma if disease sets in). You have not only the cost of replacing the tree itself, plus the cost of labour to take the old one out and put in a new one (which could also involve other 'filler', depending on the size of the original tree and the void left) equal some big dollars.

Vandalism is vandalism - it 'didn't hurt anybody', it potentially cost everybody, long run.

kbushue
07-14-2010, 02:51 PM
The security check at DL is never very good... we always bring the same bag, and sometimes they don't even ask me to move things around inside. I'm really surprise some crazy people haven't brought very dangerous things into the park. Knock on wood this never, ever happens.

codewoman
07-14-2010, 06:19 PM
The security check at DL is never very good... we always bring the same bag, and sometimes they don't even ask me to move things around inside. I'm really surprise some crazy people haven't brought very dangerous things into the park. Knock on wood this never, ever happens.

It's not really a security check, it's a BAG check.

SigalTchelet
07-14-2010, 06:24 PM
It's not really a security check, it's a BAG check.

Bag check is supposed to be a security check. Make sure guests are not bringing guns and knives and the like, as well as glass bottles or cans. They want to make the park safe for everyone.