PDA

View Full Version : Does Disneyland have Weekend-Only hires?

Lady
03-27-2003, 07:18 PM
I'm *considering* working at Disneyland on the weekends. Will Disneyland hire people if they are only willing to work on the weekends. I'm figuring since most of their business is on the weekend that this should be okay. I guess this would be considered working "part-time".

Morrigoon
03-27-2003, 08:16 PM
They're called CRs or Casual Regulars. No hours are guaranteed, and it's weekends-only only during the off-season. Come summer you are expected to be fully availible like everyone else.

If you want to work for Disney, be prepared to work Holidays as well (if you mark yourself unavailible for holidays, they won't even hire you)

Polar33
03-27-2003, 10:37 PM
If you do plan on applying don't let Casting know that you only plan on working the minimum days required. Typically anything less then "fully available 24 hours a day 7 days a week" on the application gives you a lovely rejection letter before you even get to an interview.

If you do hire in as CR you are required to be fully available Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday in the off season as well as holidays. Also when spring break/summer/christmas come around you will have to be fully available then as well.

CT (Casual-Temporary) is also an option if you want less required hours. CTs work the spring break/summer/christmas periods only, but typically don't work the rest of the year. Some departments have CTs that are working weekends right now. Most CTs are collage students who attend collage at schools that have a lot of driving time to the resort.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Morrigoon
03-28-2003, 12:35 AM
But as a CT, you will earn no seniority, will only be able to sign yourself in during the summer, and only get discounts during the summer. CR is nice...

Polar33
03-28-2003, 12:57 AM
Actually I think CTs can get themselves in year-round now, I’ll let one of the CT MousePadders confirm or deny that one though. Don't think they have sign in privileges though. But yes, not only do you not gain seniority (and therefore you get the worst schedules imaginable) you earn much less too. But nonetheless it is the classification of choice for some people.

Morrigoon
03-28-2003, 01:54 PM
And you also don't earn year pins. Not that that's a huge deal to most, but it sucks if you've been there for 5 years and don't even have the steamboat willie pin.

Berry Princess
03-29-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Polar33
If you do plan on applying don't let Casting know that you only plan on working the minimum days required. Typically anything less then "fully available 24 hours a day 7 days a week" on the application gives you a lovely rejection letter before you even get to an interview.

So true. I didn't know this when I filled it out a few years ago but the person that checked over my application told me and crossed it out. Then when I got to the interview I was asked what I could work and told her. I was picked cause I couldn't work 1 hour more then they wanted on Sat nights cause of my situation at the time. I could have worked all that day at any point but when it came to night I couldn't so that is what didn't work for me. Now is a different story so if I was to go back and apply I could do it. But that is good info to know.
And I'm just curious but does anyone know info on working Reservations? I'm assuming they don't do commissions and such.