PDA

View Full Version : Weather - mid to late April

J-L
03-27-2003, 06:49 PM
Hi ~

We will be flying out to California for the first time in a few weeks. What type of weather should we expect? Will we be able to swim in an outdoor pool or will it be too cool?

Any info provided would be really helpful! Thanks! :)

napframe
03-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Well, today it was about 80º where I live, 40 minutes north of the resort. You can expect 75-90º minimum during April. Just don't take a deep breath without a gas mask. I love this state.

HBTiggerFan
03-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Depending on where you are from you may consider 75 to be hot...

Speaking from someone who considers it *nice* I recommend you bring jeans, shorts, short sleeves and sweatshirts. I don't think you'll need your heavy winter jacket and gloves.

TP2000
03-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Expect daytime highs in the 75 to 82 degree range, with plenty of sunshine. There may be some morning beach fog, but it will burn off by 11:00am or so. Bring sweaters or light jackets for evening however, as the temps can easily drop into the low 60's/upper 50's after the sun sets.

Whatever you do, please don't run around at night in shorts and t-shirts because all the locals will laugh at you and assume you are a tourist.

And forget those old Johnny Carson jokes about smog. Although some of the inland valley areas still have smog, the Orange County area is almost always in the "Good" to "Moderate" range in air quality. Once or twice a year there will be one day where the air quality goes into the "High" range. But it has been years since it was "Unhealthful" or "Very Unhealthful". I remember being a kid 30 years ago when those Smog Alert days would go into effect 45 or 60 days out of the year and your lungs would hurt if you tried to jog or do anything outdoors. But those really smoggy days haven't been seen since the 80's, and about five years ago they disappeared entirely in Orange County.

Although it's kind of a holdoever joke from the 20th century, the smog problem no longer exists in SoCal. It's kind of one of those things that happens gradually over a period of years, but all of a sudden it's the future and things have actually improved over what they were like 30 years ago!

Enjoy your trip to Disneyland!

J-L
03-28-2003, 02:51 AM
Sounds great! We are from Long Island, NY and during the days right now it is about high 50's to low 60's. Night time is in the 40's. So, this will be nice and warm!!!

Thanks for the info!

:)