PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Park Place Inn

dsnylndmom
03-27-2003, 03:23 PM
We are staying there in 2 weeks, anyone else stay there before? The Goods, the bads the so-so's? We've stayed at alot of the motels on Harbor before but have never it this, although I have always wanted to 'cause it's "the closest" LOL. Can we expect about the same as the other's such as Carousel, Desert etc. etc.

Oh an about the food at the connecting restaurant, kids eat free there with our room, what's it like is it decent?

TIA
Tina:D

Bill Catherall
03-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Have you checked the Reviews section (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrbestwesternparkplaceinn) of this website yet. Right now there are 4 reviews up with an average review of 4 out of 5 planets.

I've stayed there before a couple times (but haven't posted a review of it so here's a 5th). The rooms are pretty standard hotel rooms. They're not really big, but they're clean. If I remember correctly you get a refrigerator and a microwave in your room. The staff was really helpful and friendly. They also seemed to know what they are doing, so we didn't have any problems there.

The food at the connected restaurant was alright. When we were there we had the option of either a free continental breakfast or free pancakes with strawberries and whip cream. We tried both. The continental breakfast was good. All the usual stuff like pasteries, juice, milk, cold cereal, fruit, toast, bagels, etc. If you go for the pancake breakfast you still have to pay for drinks and anything extra that you want. The continental breakfast only runs during certain hours, so if you sleep in then you're stuck with the pancakes.

And you really can't beat the location. :)

Lani
03-27-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
And you really can't beat the location. :) I'll say! It's the closest hotel to the park, hands down. Even closer than Disneyland Hotel, if you use the pedestrian entrance. We absolutely love the convenience.

dsnylndmom
03-27-2003, 03:52 PM
Have you checked the Reviews section of this website yet.

I checked it out and was happy with what I saw but I thought I check to see if anyone had stayed there recently.

Seems like I got a pretty good rate too, we got it for $107 for the mini-suite. Sound good?

Thanks for the info about the breakfast we'll have to try both out!

Now I'm even more stoked, if that's at all possible!

Tina:D

msr709
03-28-2003, 07:16 AM
How are the beds in BW? Does anyone have any pictures posted? I'm going at the end of July and already have reservations at the HoJo and at Desert Inn (couldn't make up my mind) and now I see Best Western is even closer than Desert Inn? But the most important thing for me is the bed, I have a bad back and the beds at the hotels are a big issue. Anyone have any suggestions? HoJo has lots of reviews mentioning the beds, that's why I booked there first. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lani
03-28-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by msr709
...now I see Best Western is even closer than Desert Inn? But the most important thing for me is the bed, I have a bad back and the beds at the hotels are a big issue. The Best Western is basically next door to the Desert Inn and Suites. I've stayed at both and like them both.

That said, I now prefer Best Western for these two reasons:

- I now belong to the Best Western Gold Crown Club, so I get points every time I stay there. I am not aware of an affinity program associated with Desert Inn & Suites.

- When you are driving south on Harbor (that is, you get off I-5 to get to the hotels). The Best Western is a left turn right into the driveway, but if I recall correctly, that intersection doesn't allow U-turns. So if you need to go to the Desert Inn, you have to drive down another block to make the U-turn. I'll have to double-check but it was something a bit inconvenient like that.

As for best, we prefer them firm, and we haven't gotten back problems from the beds at the Best Western there.

Toady The Eighth
03-28-2003, 08:53 AM
You know, the BW Anaheim Inn two doors down has a rate of $69.00 per night for a couple of weeks from now.. did you try them? I've stayed at both properties, and personally, like them better.

dsnylndmom
03-28-2003, 10:50 AM
You know, the BW Anaheim Inn two doors down has a rate of $69.00 per night for a couple of weeks from now

Is that $69 during spring break? Cause that's when we're going and it seems like most places raised their prices during this time.

Anyways, we have a suite at the Park Place, the breakfast that's included sounds good(like the choice between continental or the strawberry pancakes and my kids can eat free there. So we're happy with the Park Place decision

Lani
03-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by dsnylndmom
Is that $69 during spring break?You're right to wonder, dsnylndmom. I just checked, and prices (at least) for MouseAdventure weekend, which is on April 6th, is running anywhere from $116 to $130 a night for the Saturday. Sunday night is a little cheaper, at $89 as the lowest.

Toady The Eighth
03-28-2003, 11:12 AM
My reservation was for April 26-29

However, I am a travel agent with AAA and the rate for April 6th for two weeks on at the BW Anaheim is $89.00

:) And that's not an AAA rate. It's an anyone rate.

dsnylndmom
03-28-2003, 11:15 AM
the BW Anaheim is $89.00

Thanks, but I'll stick with the PPI and pay the extre $17 for the suite and the breakfast!

stinkerbell
03-29-2003, 08:01 AM
I've stayed at both the Desert Inn and Park Place Inn.

While Desert Inn was cheaper ($44 a night off season), the continental breakfast was a joke and it was borderline disgusting--the area was dirty and the breakfast consisted of green oranges, dented apples and the cheapest bread and jelly for toast. The room I stayed in was completely renovated, floor to ceiling and was wonderful. The staff was excellent and very accomodating.

I prefer the Park Place Inn though..... the continental breakfast was great! Very thorough selection of juices, milk, coffee, tea, muffins, bagels, bread, cereal, fresh fruit (bananas, oranges and apples--all in good condition!), located upstairs in Mom's Restaurant (which I don't otherwise recommend, by the way.....). The hotel was quiet, loved having a microwave and fridge and couch was comfy, bathroom was fine and the bed was perfect. I have no complaints. I felt very at home and safe. I didn't feel all that safe at the Desert Inn, for some reason.

Have fun!!! Do you have an Entertainment Book? It can be a bit cheaper even through the book...... :)

dsnylndmom
03-30-2003, 11:03 PM
Thanks STinkerbell! I don't have an entertainment book, but as soon as I read that I went to the website! I will defitnely be getting one for next time!:D