PDA

View Full Version : What can I expect for weather?

mom2alexnmatt
03-27-2003, 01:41 PM
I have never been to California, so I don't know what the weather will be like. We are going from May 4th to the 11th. I'm trying to figure out what clothes I am going to need to pack for my boys (three and 9 months). Will we be able to wear shorts, or will it be mainly pants? I saw on some website that the average high at that time of the year is 59 degrees. I can't believe that is true. It's warmer here in Chicago in May. How would you recommend I pack for our trip? Thanks.

hefferdude
03-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Layers with shorts for the day and long pants for the evening.
Sunblock too.:cool:

May 4-11 is a great time as its between spring break and summer vacation. Bring swim gear as the days can get very
hot and an afternoon pool break is a must!:D

Browse MP for more seasonal info. Its here somewhere. :confused:

chelbell
03-27-2003, 02:08 PM
59 degress for an average high in Los Angeles in May doesn't sound right to me. I think it's probably more in the low to mid 70's. We are going in May also. The temperatures should be wonderful...not too hot....not too cold. Have a great time!!!:cool:

scaeagles
03-27-2003, 02:15 PM
Go to the site www.wunderground.com - you can get historical weather conditions on the dates you're going and check several prior years to get an idea of variances for that time period.

jslivinski
04-02-2003, 03:20 PM
Given the ages of your boys (assume they will be in strollers and sitting) I would suggest pants and a light jacket/sweatshirt for morning and night changing to shorts and t-shirt during the day.

DaddyB
04-03-2003, 08:45 AM
It WILL be warm. Unless there's a cool snap, the temps will most likely be in the 70's (probably even high 70's to 80's). This can be pretty warm in the parks.

ALWAYS bring a change of clothes if you're going into DCA. There are several water play areas, and as you well know, kids LOVE to get soaked to the skin playing in water. It also gives them a chance to run and play and get some of that "I'm tired of standing in lines" energy out of them (or some energy back INTO them if they're acting a little tired) without having to schlep them back and forth to the hotel pool.

We actually bring water shoes to the park with us and put those on our little girl before letting her run wild in the water. This way we get to put her dry shoes on her when she changes out of her wet clothes. Disney does not allow children to run barefoot, so the water shoes come in real handy.

The most entertaining thing about Flik's Fun Faire is watching all the kids play in that water area.

Duane
04-03-2003, 10:57 AM
During this time of year you should prepare for cold howling wind and snow............when riding the matterhorn!