PDA

View Full Version : Disney Character Pouches

Disneylanding
07-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Forgive me if this isn't the correct spot to post this, but I couldn't figure out where it would be better at...
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the name of the little tiny figurines that come in a pouch? They are sold at Disneyland and there are a couple 100 of them you can collect. They have Disney characters and i've seen the same kind but a Star Wars version...:confused:

Thanks!!

Disneylanding
07-07-2010, 07:55 AM
:crying:anyone?

kaybee2
07-07-2010, 08:09 AM
are you talking about vinylmation figures?
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/static/vinylmation/

AVP
07-07-2010, 08:47 AM
I'll check when I get to the store today. I can't remember what they're called, but I have a bunch.

AVP

Disneylanding
07-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Nah not the vinylmation. Those are the Mickey figures right? kinda painted? No, these are tiny tiny maybe an inch high figurines for like toy sets or soemthing. They used to have them in a case by the main enterance at World of Disney. But thank you Kaybee!;)
Thanks AVP! I appreciate it!! Really do, thanks!:D

Vegitabeta
07-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Do they look like Polly Pocket?

lola2009
07-07-2010, 02:35 PM
I believe you are talking about these:

[Link removed at demand of linked website's owner]

AVP
07-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Ok, they're called "Collector Packs." Right now Disneyland has Series 1, 5, 6, 7 and 10 (all parks characters/attractions); Series 4 & 9 (Star Wars characters) and Series 8 (Pirates characters). They're $5.95 per pack of 3.

Vegitabeta
07-08-2010, 04:07 AM
Ah yeah I remember, I have some of those!

Sophie832
07-08-2010, 08:06 AM
This is just an aside on the subject: I am a total freak when it comes to collecting these. I have tons of duplicates because I endlessly buy them to get the last one to complete each set. And yes, I feel the bags, too, trying to figure out what's in there. Sometimes it's easy (giant Stitch sitting on a Halloween pumpkin comes to mind), and sometimes it's hard (still missing one princess from that same holiday collection).

cstephens
07-08-2010, 08:19 AM
This is just an aside on the subject: I am a total freak when it comes to collecting these. I have tons of duplicates because I endlessly buy them to get the last one to complete each set. And yes, I feel the bags, too, trying to figure out what's in there.

Yep, we've sat there and done that too! They used to have some behind the counter at the stores that sold the packages, so you could trade. I don't know if it's popular enough now for them to still have them.

tinkermom2
08-14-2010, 04:11 AM
anyone still trading these figures?

Nancy
08-16-2010, 05:48 PM
And yes, I feel the bags, too, trying to figure out what's in there. Sometimes it's easy

My DD did the same thing.....and she was usually right about the figure.

disneyobsessed
08-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Yep, we've sat there and done that too! They used to have some behind the counter at the stores that sold the packages, so you could trade. I don't know if it's popular enough now for them to still have them.

DS9 used to buy these frequently when he was younger; he doesn't very often these days. One of the things that turned him off to them finally was when he went to the counter at Star Traders to trade a duplicate and the CM there told him they don't keep any for trade anymore. We checked around the other shops that used to do it and got the same answer. This was at least one year ago, maybe two.