PDA

View Full Version : World of Color Viewing Alternatives

Yodabackpackgirl
07-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Not sure if this is the correct forum to be posting this in (feel free to correct me) but I was just curious to see what peoples ideas were on this subject.

The viewing area, to me at least, could of been completely done a different way.

When I say viewing area I mean right in front of the water that's placed into sections(which apparently aren't color coded though they are assigned colors?).

So how do you think this could be improved upon?

Or what form of seating arrangements/structures(bleachers,ect) do you think would make the experience easier to view and less hassle?

The old man
07-05-2010, 08:43 AM
When I say viewing area I mean right in front of the water that's placed into sections(which apparently aren't color coded though they are assigned colors?).

I'm still working my way to understanding this whole mess--what do you mean about the colors?

TowerofTerror
07-05-2010, 09:11 AM
well my idea is to like have the color shown on a separate map that you can get just like the inserts you get with times of what is showing at each park of parades and shows

Niwel
07-05-2010, 09:56 AM

Yes they are. If you look at the lights surrounding each section, they are different colors. Blue is closest to the Wine Country; yellow is in the middle; red is by the Golden Zephyr.

potzbie
07-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Hey, it is worse than that -- I am still awaiting a solution for people like me who cannot stand for 30 minutes (or more, given the pre-show and post-show extras) without back pain.
I need to sit down after 5 minutes of walking or standing.
So I cannot see the show at all, given the physical requirements.

I don't need a wheelchair for Disneyland. But I do need to rest my back when I walk from Land to Land.

Long queues hurt me, too. Standing in line without a rail to lean on is tough.

Q. What does World of Color have for me and my special needs, in-between a healthy guest and a handicapped guest?

The old man
07-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Q. What does World of Color have for me and my special needs, in-between a healthy guest and a handicapped guest?
A. Nothing. This whole thing is just so ill-conceived. Funny, it kind of continues the tradition of Disney (sic) California Adventure.

I'm going to trademark that as my new name for the park.

cstephens
07-05-2010, 10:49 AM

1. You can rent a wheelchair so that you can be in the special HCA section.

2. You can try to get a seat on one of the benches. We were up top, and the CM asked if a pregnant woman could sit on the bench. The people already on the bench made room for her, and she watched the entire show while seated. It wasn't a perfect view, but it was a decent view.

quackinup
07-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Yes they are. If you look at the lights surrounding each section, they are different colors. Blue is closest to the Wine Country; yellow is in the middle; red is by the Golden Zephyr.

When I read this I wondered if they had the lights set for the colors. I remember them from the pre-show but didn't notice them prior to that. However I was in the Black section...I definately don't remember any black lights. Maybe over at Glow Fest? :p

Aysle
07-09-2010, 05:14 AM
Blue section is closest to the bridge, red is on the opposite side. Yellow in the middle.

Best options are Blue/Red going to the wet zone...its not that wet and WELL worth it. If you are in the 1st 3 rows of people on the waters edge the fire will dry you off... although the 1st row of people...not a good spot cause they get the water on the front of their body instead of just raining on them... a light jacket to take off after the show with a hood works best.

Hey, it is worse than that -- I am still awaiting a solution for people like me who cannot stand for 30 minutes (or more, given the pre-show and post-show extras) without back pain.
I need to sit down after 5 minutes of walking or standing.
So I cannot see the show at all, given the physical requirements.

I don't need a wheelchair for Disneyland. But I do need to rest my back when I walk from Land to Land.

Long queues hurt me, too. Standing in line without a rail to lean on is tough.

The railings around (the planters) in the WoC area were specifically designed to make them uncomfortable to sit on...they are to low to lean on. Your choices are a reserved spot in the yellow section (sit on the steps, no back support) with a dinning package... or a GAC for the WoC however your won't get somewhere with back support mostly unless your bring your own wheel chair etc. The few benches you can sit on you cant see anything from. Honestly your best option would be to rent a wheel chair to view the show from the handicapped areas. If you can't stand for the 27+ minute show you wont see the best part of the show.

queenbetsey
07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
potzbie i am in the same situation you are. after two back surgeries i am right there with you. millions of dollars and they did not think of this? and they sell dining packages so folks can spend $$$ for a place to stand/ what the heck were they thinking?

Mac Daddy
07-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Blue section is closest to the bridge, red is on the opposite side. Yellow in the middle.

Best options are Blue/Red going to the wet zone...its not that wet and WELL worth it. If you are in the 1st 3 rows of people on the waters edge the fire will dry you off... although the 1st row of people...not a good spot cause they get the water on the front of their body instead of just raining on them... a light jacket to take off after the show with a hood works best.

While it is true that you can go right down to the water in the red area, you are two sections from the center of the show. From what I've seen, the true "center" of WOC is NOT in the Yellow section, even though it is the center of Paradise Park. If you look at google maps in terms of where the center of the platform is and where the water projections are, the center seems to be just behind the play fountains in the blue area, which puts yellow off center, and red waaaaay off to the side. You can still get very good views depending on where you are standing in red, but this is the section that is farthest from the center of the show. Moving to the front of red makes it very difficult to see the center projections. I tried this a couple weeks ago and was disappointed that I missed about half of the projections from that angle. (red, on the boardwalk, the farthest spot to the left on the rail.) I had no idea what I was missing until after I got back home and looked at some of the shots that were taken from the blue area farther back.

doublewide77
07-10-2010, 08:33 PM
When I asked about 2 weeks ago the Cove Bar next to Ariel's Grotto was allowing walk-ups for a $10 cover charge (no requirement to buy any drinks) just before the start of each show. Granted the angle to see the show isn't that great, but being able to sit before and during the show is nice. I may try it out next time. This is very likely subject to change and got several different answers if this was true from different CM's. Best to go right to where the bar exit is in the back and ask whoever is there.

Like others I hate the idea that it's pretty much impossible to see this show as a walk-up. It's not really worth watching from behind, tried that already.