PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou Recommendations

Toady The Eighth
03-26-2003, 11:01 AM
Hey All,

My husband and I have eaten at the Blue Bayou twice in the last two years, and been disappointed. We had the Bronze Chicken once, and the Prime Rib once. Both times we were unhappy with our food, especially considering the price we'd paid.

Do you guys have any other recommendations on what to eat there? (Besides the Monte Cristo, because that sounds too deep fried for me)

Thanks in advance!!

DJ_MENTOS
03-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Whenever I eat at the Blue Bayou, I usually get the Jambalya. It is very good and spicy. So if extreme spicy isn't good for you, then you can ask to sample it and see if that batch is too hot for you. That is my recommendation.

tjrj
03-26-2003, 11:09 AM
I've always had great luck with their pork. Can't remember if it's a chop or a mediallion but it's really yummy-tender, juicy. I definitely agree that when you're paying that kind of money-you don't want to be disappointed. But, since the opening of DCA, not to mention the hotels & DD, at least you aren't limited to the BB for a nice sit down meal on-site.

mad4mky
03-26-2003, 11:29 AM
I too eat the pork roast....Love it. With the warm spicy apples...and their BB Au Gratin potatoes...yum yum...

:D

tlovesdis
03-26-2003, 11:59 AM
I love their pork roast and the crab cakes! YUM!!! My husband either gets the Jambalaya or the Monte Cristo. We've never been disappointed with our food!

Tina in Antioch, CA

Ghoulish Delight
03-26-2003, 12:40 PM
Last time I ate there I had the Prime Rib and I thought it was excellent.

Mickeyslittlehelper
03-26-2003, 01:28 PM
Does anyone have a list of the menu? or a website?

Thanks,
John

Mickeyslittlehelper
03-26-2003, 01:30 PM
Never mind :) i found one :
http://www.mouseplanet.com/drr/drrnos.htm

Laffite
03-26-2003, 02:02 PM
The beef dish never failed to disappoint me, and that's about the only thing I eat at the BB

...and this is what my dish looks like everytime! http://home.earthlink.net/~captbulldog/dish.jpg

ha ha ha!!!!!! :~D

Toady The Eighth
03-26-2003, 02:57 PM
The Beef Dish?

Is that the prime rib, or something else?

Thanks!

awinner
03-26-2003, 08:20 PM
2 words:

MONTE CRISTO!!

The best anywhere.:D

I usually share that with an order of calamari

Sonya in Boise
03-26-2003, 11:15 PM
I had the chicken ceasar salad and enjoyed it....but I bet it would be the same at Redd Rockets.

We ate at the BB in October and I really didn't see a need to go back. I enjoy Redd Rockets and Plaza Inn more I think. I love to people watch so sitting outside and eating is fun for us. Plus i don't worry about the girls having too much fun and ruining the atmosphere for others.

stinkerbell
03-27-2003, 06:41 AM
I like the jambalaya. It's not too spicy, in my opinion, but others have thought it to be too spicy for them. The portion is HUGE. I have had it for lunch twice and both times have had leftovers, enough for a complete dinner, actually! :)

justagrrl
03-27-2003, 06:43 AM
Mmmmm.... the pork with the apples (I think they said they are rootbear spiced?) was wonderful.

My husband, who got the chicken ceaser salad, claims it was the best one he's ever had and keeps bugging to go back so he can get it again.

Laffite
03-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
The Beef Dish?

Is that the prime rib, or something else?

Thanks!

Tenderloin beef. With special BB potatoes and saute vegetable.

de-licious

Sophie832
03-27-2003, 10:00 PM
I think it should be noted that the Monte Cristo is only available on the lunch menu. It is sooooo good, though (according to Gauchograd99, that is).

I kind of like the Chicken Cavatappi, myself...

Tigertail777
03-28-2003, 04:15 AM
I didnt see it on MP's menu listing, but when we went in July, for lunch, they had this absolutely heavenly delicious carmelized pecan salad, this is the very best salad I have ever had... I am usually so-so about salads but if I ordred two of these that could be my meal! I wish, oh how I wish I could get the recipe it was so very good!:D

Mickeyslittlehelper
03-29-2003, 10:40 AM
Try writing city hall :) Sometimes they might give you the recipe.

Tigertail777
03-29-2003, 06:33 PM
really? what is the adress for city hall to write to and ask? I would love to have that recipe.

wdtv
03-29-2003, 07:35 PM
Last time I ate there (And the first, which I'm embarassed to say after about a dozen visits to the Happiest Place on Earth; usually, my mom & dad refuse to dine there cause it's so expensive), I had the gumbo to start and the salmon for the main course. Both were awesome, IMO.

drjones
04-06-2003, 11:46 AM
shur do luv dem crab cakes

IndianaJoan
04-09-2003, 01:56 AM
Crab Cakes! And go for lunch...lower prices!:p