PDA

View Full Version : MLB All-Star Parade means road closures & parking challenges in Anaheim on July 13th

AVP
07-02-2010, 01:47 PM
If you'll be in the Anaheim area on July 13th, be prepared for some major road closures around the Disneyland Resort as a result of the Major League Baseball All Star Parade. The parade kicks off at the Anaheim Convention Center at 11:30am and travels north on Harbor Blvd on a 3/4-mile long red carpet before ducking backstage into Disney property. The parade resumes inside Disneyland Park near the "it's a small world" attraction in Fantasyland, and makes its way down Main Street, U.S.A. before concluding in Town Square.

The public can view the parade along Convention Way as the procession leaves the Anaheim Convention Center, or along the 3/4-mile stretch between Convention Way and Disney Way. If you happen to have tickets for Disneyland that day, you can also catch the parade as it concludes inside the park.

The parade will be in the Eastbound lanes of Convention Way, but the entire road will be closed between 10am - 1pm. The parade will use the Southbound lanes of Harbor Blvd, though both sides of the street will be closed during the procession - some southbound lanes will close as early as 2am that morning to allow for installation of the Red Carpet, with all lanes in both directions closed between 10am - 1:30/2pm.

Katella Blvd. will also be closed between West Street and Clementine from 10am - 1:30pm as a result of the parade. Check out the attatched map for street closures.

If you want to come see the parade on the city streets, your absolute best parking option in Disney's Pumbaa lot, located on Disney Way near Harbor. That lot will open at 4am, and you can easily walk to the parade route from there. The Mickey and Friends parking structure will open at 7am, which is a good option for those planning to visit the parks that day. We recommend avoiding the Toy Story Lot unless you plan to arrive before 9:30am and stay past 2:00pm - you won't be able to enter or exit that lot between those times, unless Disney opens the "back route" from the Katella Cast Member lot to provide access to the Toy Story lot. The Toy Story lot opens at 7am.

AVP

jimmywoods
07-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Do you think it is a bad idea to go to the park on Tuesday? What kind of crowds do you think will be watching the All Star parade inside Disneyland?

jimmywoods
07-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Anyone hear of any park updates for Tuesday? Sorry to be a bother but just wondering if it is worth a drive or not. Thanks in advance.

AVP
07-07-2010, 11:11 PM
I expect the park will be fairly busy on Tuesday, but the majority of those coming into the park for the parade will spend at least two hours sitting on Main Street, waiting for the procession to come by. Given that, I'd say it's actually a good time to get in as many rides as possible.

AVP

bassett1976
07-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Is anyone down at the park today that can tell us how busy it is? Mrs. Bassett & I were thinking about a trip down tonight but didn't want it to be too crazy with the Home Run derby going on.

AVP
07-12-2010, 11:45 AM
It's pretty busy, but not busier than last week, as far as I can tell.

DizneyMommy
07-12-2010, 12:33 PM
I was there from 8-12:30ish. Started off awesome, very quiet morning, but by 12 we were over it, lines were starting to get long, Buzz was 25 mins but IASW and HM were still 5 minutes at most.

olegc
07-12-2010, 01:01 PM
don't forget - tonight is Home Run Derby so Anaheim traffic will be significant... but the park might be OK...

AVP
07-12-2010, 01:11 PM
It suddenly feels a lot busier than it did around Noon. I'd say how busy you'll perceive it to be is going to be a function of what you're trying to do. If "walk in a straight line through Fantasyland" is your goal, it's too busy for that. It's definitely summer busy.

The Home Run Derby might actually help in-park crowding, assuming some of these All Star Fans either go to the stadium or to their hotels to watch.

olegc
07-12-2010, 01:14 PM
It suddenly feels a lot busier than it did around Noon. I'd say how busy you'll perceive it to be is going to be a function of what you're trying to do. If "walk in a straight line through Fantasyland" is your goal, it's too busy for that. It's definitely summer busy.

The Home Run Derby might actually help in-park crowding, assuming some of these All Star Fans either go to the stadium or to their hotels to watch.

like I said "but the park might be OK... "

AVP
07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
like I said "but the park might be OK... "Yeah, what he said...

(Work with me here, I'm using a phone...)

olegc
07-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Yeah, what he said...

(Work with me here, I'm using a phone...)

hee hee... :-P