Adventure Thru Inner Space

- favorite place to get out of the sun

CircleVision

- favorite way to get from Splash Mountain to the Matterhorn

Skyway

tod
03-26-2003, 05:50 AM
Favorite attraction: Mark Twain

Favorite place to get out of the sun: (tie) Who Wants To Be A Millionaire -- Play It!, middle deck of Mark Twain

Favorite way to get from Splash Mountain to the Matterhorn: On foot, around the Rivers Of America to Frontierland, through the stockade gate, straight through the Plaza, up Matterhorn Way, make a right at the back of the mountain because I prefer the Submarine side.

Taking the train to Toontown has its points, but the line at the Frontierland/New Orleans Square station is usually too long.

--T

MouseWife
03-26-2003, 06:03 AM
1} tie- Splash Mountain/Haunted Mansion

2} When it is hot, we rest on the Train and ride around, getting cooled off. If we are that bad off, we leave the park and go back to the hotel room and take a break.

3} We usually go around the Rivers of America, back past Mark Twain, BTMR, and through Fantasyland. When we get to the point where the Matterhorn, Teacups, and Alice are all there, the group usually splits up and some go on the Matterhorn while those without the taste for it ride one of the other two. We meet there after.

3894, what about you, chickie?

03-26-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by MouseWife

3894, what about you, chickie?

Just shows you how out of it I am today!

Favorite ride - Submarine Voyage

Favorite place to get out of the sun - That used to be the only reason I ever went into Country Bears, sorry. And you could always walk right in, no waiting.

From Splash Mountain to Matterhorn - Through New Orleans Square with a possible julep stop, on through Adventureland with a possible stop at the Bazaar, across Main Street, through Tomorrowland.

stinkerbell
03-26-2003, 07:16 AM
Favorite Attraction: Wow, to choose only one, I'd have to say the Matterhorn, actually.

Favorite Place to Get Out of the Sun: The Disney Gallery.

How I Get From Splash Mountain to the Matterhorn? Through New Orleans Square, stopping for a breadbowl of gumbo, most likely, then through Adventureland, crossing briefly into Frontierland to get some Mickey colored M&M's, toward the hub area, stopping to peek on the left side of the castle to see if there are any princesses for the girls to meet.......then through the hub, around the castle, to the left of Tomorrowland, peeking to see if the line for Ariel is brief, then we'd jump on Alice in Wonderland (we all love that ride SO much!) if the line is brief, then head to the Matterhorn, right side please and almost always after dark.........:)

hefferdude
03-26-2003, 07:28 AM
The horse drawn trolley trip down Main St. when you first arrive.
Nightime would be the Mark Twain since Skyway and People Mover are defunct.:crying:

Out of the sun would be either the walkway behind BTMRR near TMR or the Main St. RR Platform benches looking out towards the castle. Was TSI when the kids were little.:cool:

Around ROA - through Rancho Del Zocalo - across the hub - left at the castle but not through FL as I value my ankles. :D

mad4mky
03-26-2003, 07:31 AM
Favorite Attraction: Indy. Always Indy. I have been to WDW and to DL Paris. While I love Tower of Terror...and I love Sleeping Beauty's Castle at DL Paris....nothing so far has matched the Indiana Jones ride at DLR. Now...hopefully some year when I get to Tokyo DL and Disney Sea, I will change my mind...but so far...nah...

Favorite Place to get out of the sun: Down below...at Hungry Bear Restaraunt...in the far corner. We can eat...relax...watch the ducks and the silly folks in the canoes...;)

Best way to get from Splash to Matterhorn: Well, it depends on how much of a hurry I am....

I tend to go along the Rivers of America...loop through the backside of BTMRR...and into Fantasyland...(maybe stopping for a quick ride on Snow White or Mr. Toads...)...and then around the Tea Cups to the Mtn.

If they had the Sky Way open...that would be different. Course, that didn't stop at the Matterhorn...now did it??;)

Tref
03-26-2003, 08:19 AM
Favorite Attraction:
Tower of Terror

Favorite Place to get out of the sun:
Golden Horseshoe: Billy Hill & the Hillbillies

Best way to get from Splash to Matterhorn:
Never rush. Never plan. Just mosey.

I.r.

scaeagles
03-26-2003, 09:20 AM
Favorite Attraction: Used to be InnerSpace - the best make out ride on the planet. With an operating sound track, I'd say Space Mountain. With my 3.5 year old, I'd say Peter Pan. With my 9 year old, The Matterhorn (either side - both are fun). With my wife, Indy (didn't know he when InnerSpace was around, unfortunately).

Best place to get out of the sun: I'm from Phoenix, so I have never noticed the sun at DL....it is a non factor.

Best way from Splash Mountain to Matterhorn: I've never done it, can't imagine heading that far on a beeline. Too much to do in between, and I'd probably forget where I was heading, anyway. I don know I wouldn't go in from of Indy....that is the biggest traffic bottleneck in the park.

cemeinke
03-26-2003, 06:54 PM
Favorite Attraction - Continues to be Pirates

Best place to get out of the sun - Has to be the Lobby of the Grand Californian (possibly after picking up an ice cream treat on the way through DCA

Best way from Splash Mountain to Matterhorn - What's the rush? we'll get there eventually, relax and enjoy the park.

Lashbear
03-26-2003, 07:23 PM
- favorite attraction
Unfortunately it's a tie between Haunted Mansion & Indiana Jones

- favorite place to get out of the sun
Ice Station Cool at Epcot - MMmmm - Free Soda.....

- favorite way to get from Splash Mountain to the Matterhorn
Round past Big Thunder, pause at the bridge to watch the jumping AA fish, then thru Fantasyland.

- favorite Restaurant
Still the Blue Bayou (although V&A was pretty lush !)

Rob :D

Matterhorn Fan
03-26-2003, 08:19 PM
Lashbear, would you mind explaining how Ice Station Cool and V&A could possibly even be candidates for a "Disneyland Favorite"? ;)

DisneyFan25863
03-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Attraction:[B/]tie Indy/Star Tours/Space Mountain
[B]Place to run from the sun: Coke Corner
Way from Matterhorn to Splash Mountain: Through FL to Big Thunder Trail, loop over around ROA, grab a churro, hope on the train, get off at the 4th stop, go on to HM, exit HM, take a ride on DCEC, get on Splash Mountain.

;)

Lashbear
03-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
Lashbear, would you mind explaining how Ice Station Cool and V&A could possibly even be candidates for a "Disneyland Favorite"? ;)

er, well... I found an old table napkin from an imagineers meeting where they were speculating about the possibility of perhaps air-lifting those two facilities to Disneyland to place in the drained submarine lagoon, so that they could both be adapted to "Drive-thru" facilities (open the porthole, lean out, grab a cup of soda).

Yeah... that's it.... :confused: :rolleyes:

Morrigoon
03-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Attraction: Matterhorn. Not necessarily my fave ride experience, but fave overall because of the "eye candy" effect it has on the park as a whole in addition to its rideability.

Place to get out of the Sun: Golden Horseshoe (used to FL Theatre when Animazement was playing)

Fave way from Splash to Matterhorn: Assuming that I collected fastpasses for Pirates (detached!) and HM on my way to Splash, I would work my way back, hitting those rides on the way, out the FL gate, past the castle, up Matterhorn Way, between TLT's backside (phones) and the Matterhorn over to the A side line near the subs and the old FL Autopia boarding area.

Other Faves:

Fave place to sit and chill: "Rod's Table"- table pulled over to Rod's left side at Coke Corner by his fans (always gets pulled over at some point in the day, it is not placed there by CMs). I like to sit in the chair next to the umbrella if it's open.

hbquikcomjamesl
03-27-2003, 07:35 AM
Favorite attraction: DL would be a tossup between the DRR, the Coke Corner (as long as either Rod or Johnny is playing), and Fantasmic. DCA would be a tossup between Soarin', The Parade, and Boudin.

Favorite place to get out of the sun: I rarely need one, but Innoventions does rather nicely on that, as do the Disney Gallery and watching a custom watch artist at work.

Favorite way to get between Splash Mountain and the Matterhorn: shoeleather seems to work best for that.