PDA

View Full Version : DCA attendance

furbE95
03-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Al (as well as everyone posting here) keep commenting on how such a big percentage of DCA's attendance is made up of APs as well as parkhoppers.

The APs may be a bad sign, but what about park hoppers? I wouldnt have ever expected people to go to DCA and NOT go to disneyland. That's kind of like taking a trip to the bahamas and never stepping foot on the beach. I doubt that disney execs expected people to travel to california to see only california adventure. They want people to see both parks, dont they?

I would be interested to see the attendance levels of WDW. I'm sure the magic kingdom sees more visitors than the other parks. And i bet that they sell a whole bunch of parkhoppers there too. If anyone has those figures, i would like to see them. thanks :)

Toady The Eighth
03-25-2003, 01:30 PM
I am a travel agent and my clients are always very concerned about whether or not they will be able to "hop" back and forth between the two parks in the same day.

Often, when I tell clients who are going down for a 2 Day trip that they will have to buy two individual one day, non park hopper passes, they will spend the extra money for a three day pass so that they can "hop"

°o° Shannon

CaliforniaAdventurer
03-25-2003, 01:40 PM
As we discussed in a recent post, the Disney parks seem to have attendence patterns, that roughly speaking suggest the older the park the higher the attendance, although MK in Orlando has more capacity than DL in Anaheim. So if capacity goes up at DL perhaps DL attendance would surpass the MK too.

Originally posted by Darkbeer
Let me post a corrected version, that includes the MGM studios, these are the Amusement Business numbers release late December, 2002.

1. Magic Kingdom, 14 million, down 5%

2. Disneyland, 12.7 million, UP 3%

3. Epcot, 8.3 million, down 8%

4. MGM Studios, 8 million, down 4%

5. Animal Kingdom, 7.3 million, down 6%

6. Universal Studios Florida, 6.9 million, down 6%

7. Islands of Adventure, 6.1 million, UP 10%

8. Universal Studios Hollywood, 5.2 million, UP 10%

9. Sea World Orlando, 5 million, down 2%

10. California Adventure, 4.7 million, down 6%

Other local parks -

Sea World San Diego, 4 million, down 2%

Knott's Berry Farm, 3.6 million, UP 2 %

San Diego Zoo, 3.5 million, flat

Six Flags Magic Mountain, 3.2 million, flat

San Diego Wild Animal Park, 1.7 million, flat

LegoLand, 1.3 million, down 4%
(but interesting to note, since they decided to close two days a week during the off-season, their daily attendance went up 15%)