PDA

View Full Version : Winnie the Pooh ride - Moose heads

Pages : [1] 2

dlfansx4
06-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Did they take the Moose heads out of the Winnie the Pooh ride? I was reading this article and it sounds like they did, but I wasn't sure if these were the names of the moose that are in there.

I hope it isn't the same ones. My kids love looking for them when we go on that ride.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-625-disney-archives-20100625,0,5160136.story

"So, despite turbulence, the team recently returned from Anaheim with three prized trophies from Disneyland: Melvin, Max and Buff, the three mounted animal heads that for decades serenaded visitors at the now-dismantled Country Bear Jamboree attraction."

MammaSilva
06-25-2010, 11:43 AM
I just read that same article and those are the names of the animals but I'm hoping that there were more than one set?

Andrew
06-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Did they take the Moose heads out of the Winnie the Pooh ride? I was reading this article and it sounds like they did, but I wasn't sure if these were the names of the moose that are in there.

I just read that same article and those are the names of the animals but I'm hoping that there were more than one set?

My guess is that the article is referring to the animatronic heads from the Country Bear attraction. The non-animatronic heads mounted in the Pooh attraction were originally mounted in the Mile Long Bar.

MammaSilva
06-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Whew, thanks Andrew!

TowerofTerror
06-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Well they left the moose head in the winnie the pooh ride as a tribute

dlfansx4
06-25-2010, 01:14 PM
My guess is that the article is referring to the animatronic heads from the Country Bear attraction. The non-animatronic heads mounted in the Pooh attraction were originally mounted in the Mile Long Bar.

Awesome!! Thanks! My kids would be so upset if they took the others out.

Andrew
06-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Awesome!! Thanks! My kids would be so upset if they took the others out.
I don't know, of course, that's just my guess. Perhaps someone can get to the attraction soon and verify.

cosmogrrl
06-25-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't know, of course, that's just my guess. Perhaps someone can get to the attraction soon and verify.

I'll be there on Sunday-Wednesday. I'll look for moose heads, but I'm not sure if I'll know if they're the same. I'll try and snap a pic!

kfreak
06-25-2010, 01:51 PM
I'll be there on Sunday-Wednesday. I'll look for moose heads, but I'm not sure if I'll know if they're the same. I'll try and snap a pic!

You will know. The heads that are in the ride dont change. So if they look different they probably are.

Andrew
06-25-2010, 01:55 PM
I would also dearly like to know if the rumor is true that Pooh only takes up the space used by the entrance/exit queue and one of the two Country Bear theaters, and that the other is behind Pooh and still in decent condition. Confirming or denying that one would require someone to venture backstage, though.

dlfansx4
06-25-2010, 02:22 PM

Yes, but your guess sounds very reasonable :-) I was not aware there were two sets of them.

We will be in the park next Friday so if no one has confirmed it by then, we will take a ride on Winnie the Pooh, just to make sure. :-)

bassett1976
06-25-2010, 03:19 PM
They were still there yesterday, when we rode Winnie the Pooh.

Tan Da Man
06-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Andrew, I can do some investigating and see if I can find any of my Critter Country friends to get back behind Winnie the Pooh

JonasGirl1023
06-26-2010, 11:51 AM
I was there not too long ago and asked a CM, who told me he wasnt sure(no help there) so I did some researh later, and it seems that the ones mounted in WTP are too small to be the ones from CBJ, and that they are in fact the ones from the Mile Long Bar.
Hope that helps

Nancy
06-27-2010, 07:37 AM

I hope it isn't the same ones. My kids love looking for them when we go on that ride.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-625-disney-archives-20100625,0,5160136.story

That was a nice read. I didn't think they are refering to the heads in Pooh

cstephens
06-27-2010, 08:19 AM
I went on the Pooh ride last night. The Country Bears are still there.

FolsomFan
06-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Where are they in the ride? I have never seen them.

cstephens
06-27-2010, 02:34 PM

Right after the heffalumps and woozles psychedelic room, they're on the back side of the archway leading into the next room. You can't see them if you're sitting in the back row, you can see them a bit if you're in the middle row, but you really need to be in the front row to see them well. Just turn around and look up as you're exiting the psychedelic room.

Great Mr Lincoln
06-27-2010, 05:38 PM
There were three sets of heads, not counting those in the Mile-Long Bar. One set in each theater, plus a third set.

Rufus T Firefly
06-27-2010, 10:55 PM

The Hunny room.

Goodnplenty
06-28-2010, 06:04 AM
Good question about the 2nd theatre. I didn't realize that DL had 2 stages for the CBJ. Here in Orlando we just have the 1. And now that I think of it, it would seem that the Pooh ride is small and they could have left the 2nd stage alone. I think it would be very interesting to know the current status of the 2nd stage.

How was that area set up before? My only experience in that area is with the Pooh ride. I can remember the food service area to the left of Pooh and a candy/gift shop on the right. Can someone describe or link pictures to how it looked before?

Thank you,
GnP:)

dlfansx4
06-28-2010, 08:36 AM
I went on the Pooh ride last night. The Country Bears are still there.

Thanks so much for checking!!!!! I'm glad to hear the ones in the ride are still there :)

danyoung
06-28-2010, 10:24 AM
I pointed out the error to the author of the article this morning. A few minutes later he had corrected the article to indicate that the heads came from the Mile Long Bar. It's one of those things that isn't generally known, even within the Disney fan community. Many think that the heads from one of the theaters are the heads that are still there. If you look carefully, you'll see that the heads currently in Pooh are MUCH smaller than the original theater heads.

DARTH KNITE
06-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Oh good. I'm glad it was retracted.
Posted via UA

JonasGirl1023
07-06-2010, 05:24 PM
..... did nobody read my comment?