PDA

View Full Version : Al is 'on' today...

Doodle Duck
03-25-2003, 07:10 AM
Miceage 1st page has enough neat info to get me stoked for a semi-retro future at DL. More good news that Jay Rasulo is taking the pulse for a healthy post Pressler re-direction.

justagrrl
03-25-2003, 07:57 AM
I thought he said they were leaning towards a 21st century thing - and not a retro 70's thing?

(Just so it's not a Stitch overlay which I thought was one of the lamest ideas ever.)

Tref
03-25-2003, 07:57 AM
Couldn't agree more, Doodle.
I.r.

justagrrl
03-25-2003, 07:59 AM
Al wrote: "Originally the final three proposals for a rethemed Space
Mountain were a Stitch theme, a retro 1970's theme, and a 21st century future-techno theme. It appears as though a more modest version of the 21st century
theme has won out..."

Doodle Duck
03-25-2003, 08:03 AM
I meant retro as in retro Disneyland attractions.

Yet even a 21st Century theme would be retro by the time they do it :D ...this IS the 21st Century if I recall correctly. :p

merlinjones
03-25-2003, 09:03 AM
Hip, Hip Pooh-ray for Jay and Jack!

Bring on the Subs and CircleVision!

then...

Bring Carousel of Progress back from WDW!

Fix the Tiki Room!

Bring back the Country Bears in a new location!

Pad out the Pooh ride with some decent AA's and effects!

Bring back the Golden Horseshoe Revue!

Fix up the Rocket Jets and PeopleMover!

...The real Disneyland's coming back!

:D

Instidude
03-25-2003, 09:17 AM
But how is Disneyland going to make any money if they don't replace all the attractions with merchandise shops? (he says sarcastically)

Doodle Duck
03-25-2003, 10:03 AM
Sell more lightbulbs!

innerSpaceman
03-25-2003, 12:18 PM
While a return of Submarines and CircleVision is all well and good, all it means is that, once Space Mountain finally reopens six months too late in 2006, we will have a Tomorrowland that is up-to-date circa 1977.

I appreciate the efforts, but CircleVision is a 50's attraction, Submarines are a 50's attraction, and Space Mountain is a 70's attraction. While were at it, the Astro Orbiter is a 50's attraction, Autopia is a 50's attraction, and Star Tours is an 80's attraction based on a 70's movie. Where's the Tomorrow in Tomorrowland gonna come from? Not simply from the revival of ancient attractions.

Still, they are appreciated nonetheless.

What I really appreciate more than the revivals themselves is Al's apparent good will toward Rasulo. For those who thought he was simply an unrelenting critic, it's evidence that good work brings good press and bad work brings bad press from Al. The bias and always-negative slant that so many people accused him of is just not there.

furbE95
03-25-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by DoodleDuck(A.E)
Sell more lightbulbs!
or they could make toys with the fiber optics from light magic :)

merlinjones
03-25-2003, 04:20 PM
>>I appreciate the efforts, but CircleVision is a 50's attraction, Submarines are a 50's attraction, and Space Mountain is a 70's attraction. While were at it, the Astro Orbiter is a 50's attraction, Autopia is a 50's attraction, and Star Tours is an 80's attraction based on a 70's movie. Where's the Tomorrow in Tomorrowland gonna come from? <<

Not from the 21st Century Eisner Company, that's for sure. Better to have the cool stuff back than have nothing but simple Pooh!

slaakker
03-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Just a note...

The Golden Horseshoe Review still plays at DL. It is on the off days of Billy Hill and brothers. Tuesday and Wednesdays I think.

merlinjones
03-25-2003, 09:05 PM
>>The Golden Horseshoe Review still plays at DL. It is on the off days of Billy Hill and brothers.
Tuesday and Wednesdays I think.<<

Thanks but the Golden Horseshoe >Variety Show< plays at those times.

It has nothing to do with the Golden Horseshoe Revue, which was a full-on recreation of a western burlesque/vaudeville show complete with Can-Can girls! A great show that ended in the late 80's. One of Walt's proudest Disneyland attractions.