PDA

View Full Version : Gift Cards

TinaMouse
06-23-2010, 07:33 PM
If you don't use all of the money on your gift card, can you cash it in? Man, I'm gonna miss Disney Dollars!

Silvercat
06-24-2010, 03:09 AM
I may be wrong, but I don't think you can cash it in. I agree, I will miss Disney dollars, and it used to be so good when we could buy them in the UK from the Disney Store many years ago, it helped me to save up my spending money for trips!

We can't even get the gift cards here, or buy them by mail order from Disney directly, I asked them!

I did get my dad a Father's Day gift card on our trip in May for him to spend on his trip to WDW next year, with $20 loaded on it for him. I am such a good daughter *sigh*. :D

Goodnplenty
06-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Oh rats, no more Disney Dollars? I use to love to give those out at Christmas. It was just kinda cool to open up a card and get some Disney cash instead of piece of plastic. *sigh*

GnP:eyeroll:

jennibell
06-24-2010, 10:04 AM
I think it depends on the state you live in but most of the time you can not get cash for a gift card. On the back of the one I currently have it says "Except and only to the extent required by law, no portion of gift card balances will be redeemed for cash." Here in Connecticut, I'm pretty sure that we cannot redeem them for cash. So use it up! Pay for everything with it! You've got a trip coming up, splurge!

mkraemer
06-24-2010, 10:33 AM
No cash back on the gift cards--what an incentive to spend, spend, spend! :rolleyes:

TinaMouse
06-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Grrrrr.....I'm having such a hard time estimating how much I want to take in Gift Cards.......We're totally credit card free now, and with all the discussion on debit cards lately, I was trying to come up with an alternative to loads of cash or relying on keeping it all in my checking account for debit cards.

Oh well.....I'll have to just do more studying of the itinerary and the menus. (smiles).......Wow--someone will have to stay up late tonight and STUDY....:fez:

TinaMouse
06-24-2010, 01:35 PM
No problem. I'll go with a pre-paid Visa or two.....Just more fun to have the DIsney Gift Cards! :rolleyes: At least that way, I can use it for stuff off-site or back at home. I'm pretty good at estimating how much money we spend on vacation.

jennibell
06-25-2010, 04:18 AM
I think you can still buy Disney Dollars in the park...if that is at all helpful.

Silvercat
06-25-2010, 05:18 AM
You can still buy them AT THE MOMENT, but they are being phased out in favour of the cards .......

Get 'em while you can!

TinaMouse
06-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Already gone from my Disney Store. :crying: Going there tomorrow, though, so I will go ahead and ask.

KJSJpipe
06-26-2010, 04:07 PM
The Disney Dollars are being phased out because they are extremely wastefull. Ever see a used DD? They do not exist. When you spend it at the stores/parks they destroy it and then they make new ones.
The gift cards do not expire so worse case scenario is holding onto it until the next trip or using them online at disneystore.com.

TinaMouse
06-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah, but if you have no upcoming trips planned, I don't want $2-300 sitting on a Disney Gift Card.

I asked TODAY (6/26) at the Disney Store and there are no Disney Dollars available. They aren't in any stores (per the manager--who knows if this is accurate). She pushed a Gift Card, but when I asked about cashing them out like DD, she confirmed that is not possible. I told her that kinda stunk, and she agreed.