PDA

View Full Version : Attractions you have to ride more than once

Pages : [1] 2 3

zombie pirate
06-22-2010, 11:00 AM
What are the rides that you have to ride more than once when you go to Disneyland?

For me they are

Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Star Tours
Matterhorn
Indy
Space Mountian
Peter Pan ride

curtsinore
06-22-2010, 12:41 PM
For how long of a visit to Disneyland?

lola2009
06-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Star Tours, Buzz, Pinoccio, they are all my sons favorites.

CariBelle
06-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Buzz
Pirates (first thing in the morning and then around 3 for a quick nap haha)
Space Mountain
Indy

danyoung
06-22-2010, 01:16 PM
For me it's Pirates, the HM, and Soarin'.

EeyoreAdorer
06-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Thunder Mountain
Space Mountain
Matterhorn

familymemories
06-22-2010, 01:25 PM
For my family it is the following;

Pirates
Small World
Buzz Lightyear
Haunted House

mrsdisney68
06-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Pirates
Indy
HM

CADisneyGirl
06-22-2010, 01:34 PM
For us its:

Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain
Matterhorn
Indy

Michael24
06-22-2010, 01:41 PM
I'll just limit this to a Top 5, but in no specific order . . .

1. Indiana Jones (always the first ride I hit up when the park opens)
2. Big Thunder
3. Haunted Mansion
4. Space Mountain
5. Star Tours

I rode Star Tours about four times last month, because I probably won't be back again until after it's been closed. :(

The Evil Queen
06-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Indy
Indy
Indy...lol!

Here they are:
Space Mountain
BTMRR
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan
Matterhorn
Soarin'
Mullholland Madness
Oh...and did I mention Indy?

SigalTchelet
06-22-2010, 03:10 PM
What are the rides that you have to ride more than once when you go to Disneyland?

For me they are

Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Star Tours
Matterhorn
Indy
Space Mountian
Peter Pan ride

I agree with those, except Peter Pan, plus I would add Splash. Plus I would add Soarin, GRR and ToT at DCA.

GO DODGERS!!!!!! ;)

nbaum
06-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Haunted Mansion - It is my DS favorite ride. He will be 2 next month, so I don't know why he loves it so much, but it's his favorite.

Pirates - DH and my favorite.

Carousel - DS other favorite.

ventrue24601
06-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Pirates
HM
Toad's Wild Ride
Indi
Peter Pan

trypticon
06-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Haunted Mansion. i guess I don't HAVE to ride it more than once, but I almost always end up doing so. During one trip, my ex-wife and I rode it eleven times in one day since she liked it so much.

Pirates. This was my favorite ride until they added Jonny Depp to the cast of characters. Since then, I feel no inclination to ride it more than once, even if I end up doing so.

Thunder Mountain. Another ride that used to be a favorite when I was a kid. It doesn't seem as exciting as it did for me when I was younger, but it's still a ride I like a lot, and make time for more than one run of it.

Space Mountain. At one point, I didn't like this ride. After the refurbishment a few years back, I have grown very fond of it. I now make sure to ride it a few times when I visit the park.

Matterhorn. This is another ride I didn't care much about when I was younger, but I really like it now, and get on it a few times during a visit.

Splash Mountain. While I've never not liked this ride, I've always not liked the waiting in line to get onto it, because I'm eager to get on and go. Besides that, it's my current faince's favorite in the parks, and she doesn't go on many rides with her son and me, so we make sure to stop there a few times.

California Screamin. Great ride, really, and up until this summer, the wait times for it were never as long as they should have been. Now that California Adventure is getting business again, I'm dreading what the average wait time is going to be, particularly since they close down that section of the park for a few hours in the evening to clear space for the show.

Soaring over California. There isn't much to the ride, but I find it extremely relaxing, and cold, which is good since California Adventure has a huge issue with providing shade on hot days.

Maliboomer. I get the impression that not a lot of posters here enjoy this ride, and prefer the Tower of Terror instead. While it's true that from an uneducated perspective (like my own when I'm writing this), they seem like they're about the same thing, I feel that both offer visitors a completely different experience. The Maliboomer wins that experience for me, because unlike in the Tower of Terror, I can FEEL the pressure of the wind against me as I'm hurtled upwards at an extreme speed at one moment, and likewise, feel, and see how far I'm dropping the next. Tower of Terror doesn't do that for me, because I'm in a building in the dark. The speed of rising and falling doesn't do a whole lot for me unless I'm feeling that pressure upon my shoulders and throughout my body. The Tower of Terror does have a fantastic pre show though.

Grizzly River Run. I don't particularly care for this ride, but my fiance's son loves it, so we make it a point to ride it a few times when we go. I personally think that the entire experience of the ride, or the anticipation for what may come is spoiled by the extreme climb right at the start that ends up dropping you only a few feet after you reach the top, with the intertube still obviously stuck to the track. For such a build, the reward at the end is completely lame as there is no sense of suddenly being let go, even if it is for only a few feet. The ride runs well after that though. I really do enjoy the caves section of the mountain, but I don't feel that the last drop lives up to the hype after the initial climb at the very beginning. If that climb had been equal to the last drop, then yeah, I'd be itching to get on that ride every time. As it is though, I'll get more wet by standing in the viewing areas of the final drop than I will by sitting in one of the ride intertubes. I do, however, really like the terrain from Grizzly River Run.

Jungle boat cruise. I grew up with this ride as a main stop for my family, and I still view it as such. Whether that's out of habit or not is up for debate since the commentary has grown as stale as the zebras, which are so old they are in black and white.

Disneyland Railroad. Whether I'm using it to relax, to get to the other side of a parade route, or if I'm just trying to get somewhere faster, I utilize this thing regularly. These days, I'm not as crazy about it as when Thurl Ravenscroft was doing the voiceover, but it's still a nice attraction, even if some things along the way have been removed. I remember once visit with my ex, we rode the thing one day for close to five hours straight, just relaxing, talking, and taking in the scenery over and over. It was great! Another time, while passing through the jungles of Adventureland, somebody had stuck a sandwhich in the panther's mouth, which wasn't removed for quite a while that day.

That's probably about it in terms of rides I go on more than once per day. it's not very original, since these are all pretty popular, but I gave my reasons for boarding them multiple times.

the S factor
06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
peter pan, peter pan, peter pan
and HMH when it is here

disney42dude
06-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Space Mountain - first and last
Big Thunder Mountain - day and night
Haunted Mansion
Pirates

saxboda
06-22-2010, 07:53 PM
For us, we always begin and end the trip (usually two days) with the Haunted Mansion. The other must-ride-multiple-times attractions are Pirates, Soarin', the Teacups, Small World, Astro Blasters, the Tiki Room, and Toy Story Mania.

aznewsboy
06-22-2010, 08:12 PM
This is tough as we like so many & since we usually go for week we do everything so many times.

All the mountains,Buzz,Indy,Pirates,Grizzly River Run for our dd,TSMM,TOT.

DwarfPlanet
06-23-2010, 08:00 AM
DL
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Indiana Jones

DCA
Tower of Terror
Screamin

kiki
06-23-2010, 08:22 AM
WOW....thats a hard one since most of the time we go for longer that a day, but when I do make day trips.......

Disneyland:
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Space Mountain
Indie
Big Thunder
Buzz Lightyear

Cal Adventure:
Tower of Terror
Cal Screamin
Soarin
Toy Story

ssturgeo
06-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Pirates
Buzz
HMH and Small World Holiday (when there in November)
Toy Story Mania
Indy

Usually there a week so often go on many of them multiple times

TowerofTerror
06-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Indiana Jones
Pirate
Tower of Terror
Space Mountain
Soarin

lovindisneyland
06-23-2010, 12:18 PM
big thunder mountain
HM
Soarin
SSS
CS

codewoman
06-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Space Mountain and Pirates - at least twice a day, every day, every trip.