PDA

View Full Version : What's in a Name?

Pages : [1] 2

Imaginears
06-20-2010, 12:17 AM
I was discussing the Matterhorn with my young nephew this eveing and he asked me the name of the Yeti. I have affectionately refered to him as "Clawdius" for the past few years. Can I count this as his official name or are there others floating around out there that I don't know about?:confused::)

cstephens
06-20-2010, 12:41 AM
His name is Harold.

ChurroGirl
06-20-2010, 01:13 AM
His name is Harold.

I second that

Malcon10t
06-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Always known him as Harold.

BlkPearlCptn
06-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Always known him as Harold.

Same here.

MammaSilva
06-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Harold has lived in the Mountain for as long as I can remember and I'm older than the park!

darph nader
06-20-2010, 01:43 PM
I was discussing the Matterhorn with my young nephew this eveing and he asked me the name of the Yeti. I have affectionately refered to him as "Clawdius" for the past few years. Can I count this as his official name or are there others floating around out there that I don't know about?:confused::)

You can call him anything you like,,,just don't call him late for dinner. :D

jonesin4Dland
06-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Abominable Snowman resides in the Matterhorn. His name is Harold. Some have called him Harry. I haven't seen them since then... I wonder what happened to them?:eek:

Yeti lives in Expedition Everest at WDW. I don't know what his name is.:(

Splitting hairs, I know. It's a geographic thing!;)

houseofmouse
06-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Yeti lives in Expedition Everest at WDW. I don't know what his name is.:(

Splitting hairs, I know. It's a geographic thing!;)

His name is permentley stuck in B mode because Disney is too cheap to fix him!

AnaheimPark
06-21-2010, 10:12 AM
I just call him AAAAHHHHHH! Because that is what I am yelling when we fly by. :)

wabby1
06-21-2010, 11:04 AM
I just think Harold is yelling when we ride by not because he's trying to scare us. It's just that he wants us to slow down and give him a ride....and that's the only way he knows how to communicate.

KLadybug
06-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Years ago, my four year old nephew insisted on having a stuffed Yeti and we named him Harold! So Harold he's always been.

JonasGirl1023
06-29-2010, 08:36 PM
I vote for AAAAAAAAGH!!!

JonasGirl1023
06-29-2010, 08:37 PM
I wonder if we could make this another 'super thread', y'know, like the one about the missing crab and pirate from POTC?? I think we could do it.

JonasGirl1023
06-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Nother Disneyland-lover (not registered on MP) has informed me that she likes Harold....lol

TowerofTerror
06-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Harold is is his name the abominable snowman that IS IN THE Matterhorn

Imaginears
06-30-2010, 01:24 AM
I'm hearing a lot of spirited argument for the name of the yeti that lives in the Disneyland Matterhorn. Many say Harold. But is this correct.? Lets trace his orgin. Any Yeti hiding out in the Swiss alps would have to have traveled there from some other part of Europe, this is why his eyes glow red when intruders come in, he's made about the long and arduous trek. This yeti has made a home here away from people, to live in peace. So, his probable orgin is from the south. As Italianians invaded and expanded the Roman territory this poor yeti would have had to escape from the soldiers encroaching from the South. Now as this Italian encroachment led to more interaction with the Roman Army, the now famous white yeti had to flee to Switzerland. These Italians on order from the roman army would have favored a ferocious leader's name with which to refer to this yeti they've spotted in the area. It is much more likely that as lovers of language and respect for lineage, the fleeing yeti woulld have been named Claudius after the great Italian Emperor, due to his size and power. Of course given the Yeti's exteme features there would have to have been some differentation from the Real CLAUDIUS, so the natural spelling would have been changed to "CLAW"dius, a better fit for a tall ferocios yeti with razor like CLAWS. It's possible as Clawdius moved Further up north to scout out the land around the Matterhorn that the swiss may have offered a middle name, that being the more readily heard Harold. But he is originally of Italian decent, thus, his official and formal name would be Clawdius with the opton of calling him Harold if you were a close neighbor or fellow Yeti. CLAWdius Harold Disney. Mystery solved!!:p

cstephens
06-30-2010, 07:38 AM
So you asked a question, got an answer, but didn't like the answer that you got? I'm confused.

Imaginears
06-30-2010, 04:42 PM
So you asked a question, got an answer, but didn't like the answer that you got? I'm confused.

That's excatically right!!!!:p

darph nader
06-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Should I call him 'Dad'? Harold is my dad's name. :confused:

potzbie
06-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Should I call him 'Dad'? Harold is my dad's name. :confused:

Well, that depends . . . .

Should he call you "son"? :confused: :confused: :confused:

darph nader
06-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Well, that depends . . . .

Should he call you "son"? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Well,,,,,he still does roar at me sometimes. :rolleyes:

Jawknee
07-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I just call him AAAAHHHHHH! Because that is what I am yelling when we fly by. :)

Hahahahahaha this. :D

OilBaron
07-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but here is why I think they changed the logo

Does anyone remember the old Disney cartroons? I believe they had the type of lettering as the new DCA logo. Not to mention, a lot of Paradise Pier rides/games are based off old Disney cartoons.

Just my observation.....

cheshirecatgirl
07-01-2010, 01:24 PM
So where did the name Harold come from?