PDA

View Full Version : A New Name for the Hungry Bear?

Pages : [1] 2

Toady The Eighth
03-24-2003, 09:49 AM
What's this I hear about the Hungry Bear being re-named The Harbour Galley? I don't like it. I think that the name The Hungry Bear suited the restaurant perfectly, besides, a new bear just moved in right next door. Does this mean they are going to remove that wooden bear that says "Eat at the Hungry Bear"?

This makes me sad.

°o° Shannon

Morrigoon
03-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Harbor Galley is the name of that little shack across the walkway from Mansion (the one that's now a fry shack, blech)

Laffite
03-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
(the one that's now a fry shack, blech)

$2.75

hefferdude
03-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Wasn't the Harbor Galley originally related to Fowler's Harbor, an
early finishing site for the Mark Twain and the usual berth for the Columbia?:confused:

Another legacy lost. :crying:

They need to return more small site food vending that reflects
the "land" !!!!!!!!!!! ( ie Bengal BBQ and Dole Whips :) )

Toady The Eighth
03-24-2003, 01:17 PM
<<Harbor Galley is the name of that little shack across the walkway from Mansion (the one that's now a fry shack, blech)>>

Not anymore. According to Birnbaum's, they changed the name of the Hungry Bear to the Harbour Galley, and changed the name of the former Harbour Galley (now fry shack) to something else. :confused: Why would they do that? Makes no sense to me!!!

smd4
03-24-2003, 03:49 PM
Whay not just complete the inevitable, and call the Harbor Galley "McDonalds?" Maybe then the Hungry Bear could become Burger King.

Sheila
03-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
<<Harbor Galley is the name of that little shack across the walkway from Mansion (the one that's now a fry shack, blech)>>

Not anymore. According to Birnbaum's, they changed the name of the Hungry Bear to the Harbour Galley, and changed the name of the former Harbour Galley (now fry shack) to something else. :confused: Why would they do that? Makes no sense to me!!!

This really sounds like a typo to me. Birnbaum's prints their guides a year early. So if they changed it to Harbour Galley, that was done last year. I think somebody made a boo-boo.... ;)

Sheila

RStar
03-24-2003, 04:46 PM
I agree with you Sheila. Besides it makes no since to call it Harbour galley. It dosn't fit the theme. If your going to change it, make it fit the theme. I can understand getting it away from the Country Bear theme, but they would make it a Pooh theme. Like The Hungry Pooh. ;)

Mickeyslittlehelper
03-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Yes im hungry, i want pooh for lunch :)
Im just kidding, its that i dont really care for pooh that much

DisneyFan25863
03-24-2003, 04:54 PM
If they really need to rename it, Harbor House sounds better ;)

MouseWife
03-24-2003, 04:56 PM
How about

The Hundred Acre Wood Buffet? Or do they not do buffets anymore? They might turn it into one of those 'Goofy's Kitchen' type place.

I woulndn't mind but I don't want to pay that much for lunch.

Or The Hungry Critter?

But, why not keep the Hungry Bear?

gn2dlnd
03-24-2003, 05:38 PM
Or maybe, "The Crispy Critter." Yum.
Piglet's Pork Shoppe?
Hungry Acre Wood?
Tacos de Tigger?
Gopher's Lunchbox? (serving summer squash, succotash, and...hunny)
Rabbit's Hutch?
A Taste of Pooh?

gn2dlnd
03-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Or maybe, "The Crispy Critter." Yum.
Piglet's Pork Shoppe?
Hungry Acre Wood?
Tacos de Tigger?
Gopher's Lunchbox? (serving summer squash, succotash, and...hunny)
Rabbit's Hutch?
A Taste of Pooh?

MouseWife
03-24-2003, 05:58 PM
LOL Ah, I like the Hungry Acre Wood, Gopher's Lunchbox and Rabbit's Hutch. The others, ah, too graphic? :p

How is the show coming along?

gn2dlnd
03-24-2003, 05:59 PM
That's what I said!

Must be an echo.

gn2dlnd
03-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
LOL Ah, I like the Hungry Acre Wood, Gopher's Lunchbox and Rabbit's Hutch. The others, ah, too graphic? :p

How is the show coming along?

Risking getting bumped to the Lounge for this, good reviews in the LA Times and LA Weekly, sold out opening night, and both performances this last weekend! (all the more amazing because it was pouring rain on opening night and yesterday was Oscar day - nobody gets good houses on Oscar day) Thanks for asking, wish you could make it up to see it.

MonorailMan
03-24-2003, 06:10 PM
The Birnbaum's guides have way too many typos. I wouldn't recommend them at all. Also, I have found that the Birnbaum's guides are overpriced. Steer Clear.

merlinjones
03-24-2003, 07:42 PM
How about:

Schlesinger Inn

rexfarms
03-24-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
The Birnbaum's guides have way too many typos. I wouldn't recommend them at all. Also, I have found that the Birnbaum's guides are overpriced. Steer Clear.
What do you suggest in their place?

MouseWife
03-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by gn2dlnd
Risking getting bumped to the Lounge for this, good reviews in the LA Times and LA Weekly, sold out opening night, and both performances this last weekend! (all the more amazing because it was pouring rain on opening night and yesterday was Oscar day - nobody gets good houses on Oscar day) Thanks for asking, wish you could make it up to see it.

LOL We aren't taking over so I think it will be alright!!

Congratulations on the success!!!! Yes, I think it must be great if people went out in the pouring rain and then chose it over the Academy Awards!!

Yes, I wish I could. :(

But, I am happy to know that it is a success!!! Kudos!!

MonorailMan
03-24-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
What do you suggest in their place?

I'd love to see a strictly positive guide from Al. Now, I'd go out and buy that. :)

rexfarms
03-24-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
I'd love to see a strictly positive guide from Al. Now, I'd go out and buy that. :)

Lets pester him. lol jk;)

Lashbear
03-24-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by gn2dlnd
A Taste of Pooh?

:eek: I'm betting they're wishing he'd been called "Winnie the Bear" instead... so much less scope for bad taste !

Mommy: Honey, is there anything you fancy in this end-of-ride-merchandising-experience-shoppe ?

Little Girl: Yeah - how about a towel with Pooh on it ? :eek:

gn2dlnd
03-25-2003, 03:33 AM
Man: Oh, I love Pooh. I'm having Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, baked beans, Pooh, and Pooh.

Waitress: Baked beans are off.

Man: Can I have Pooh, instead?

Waitress: You mean you want Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh, Pooh *Vikings enter, singing*

Toady The Eighth
03-25-2003, 08:17 AM
<<This really sounds like a typo to me. Birnbaum's prints their guides a year early. So if they changed it to Harbour Galley, that was done last year. I think somebody made a boo-boo.... >>

Well, there's a whole paragraph on it though. It says that the Harbour Galley has moved into the location "formerly occupied by the Hungry Bear Restaurant" and it goes on later, in another section of the book, A+ for atmosphere, to say the the Harbour Galley has one of the best.

This is what confused me. I thought, "The Harbour Galley doesn't have very great atmosphere..." But when I read on I saw the name was changed.

°o° Shannon