PDA

View Full Version : Lakers parade at Disneyland?

tamagaal
06-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Any know if this might happen and when?

mrsdisney68
06-18-2010, 04:25 AM
I hope not when I am there, lol...

txdisneymom
06-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Leaving for Disneyland tomorrow and I REALLY hope they keep the Lakers celebrations in downtown LA and AWAY from Disneyland.

yellowrosedtxn
06-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Last year when we were there, it was only Kobe Bryant that was in the "parade". He was riding on a float and they had Cast Members in some kind of uniform marched in front of the float. That's about all I remember. I just can't remember what day they actually were there.

mrsdisney68
06-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Leaving for Disneyland tomorrow and I REALLY hope they keep the Lakers celebrations in downtown LA and AWAY from Disneyland.

The LA parade is on Monday I believe...

txdisneymom
06-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks Mrsdisney68! After watching the last few minutes of the game last night I figured we would be there for all kinds of celebrations. Not planning to be anywhere near LA proper during this trip so hopefully can avoid any huge crowds/parades. Ha! You know.... cause if I'm going to be in a huge crowd it better be at Disney!

cstephens
06-18-2010, 07:21 AM
Here's AVP's report from Kobe Bryant's appearance at DL last year after the Lakers won. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=451) As I recall, the announcement about the appearance showed up a couple days after the win, so if anything is going to happen this year, it would be a few days before anything is announced.

potzbie
06-18-2010, 07:25 AM
I hope not when I am there, lol...

Amen!

I hear the DL "guests" will set fire to the Main Street horseless carriage. :eyeroll:

And then they will push over the Main Street omnibus. :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

And then they will break the nose of the Main Street constable. :crying:

"Beat DL!" :crying:

SUNSHINE4565
06-18-2010, 10:08 AM
I did see a whole lot of people wearing the Laker colors this morning all headed into the park!! we can call it the Laker guest parade :P~~~:p

kfreak
06-18-2010, 10:10 AM
LA didnt burn last night. There was some good rioting from the game though.

houseofmouse
06-18-2010, 11:55 AM
LA didnt burn last night. There was some good rioting from the game though.

Idiots. Yay my team won, let's destroy the city!:mad:

olegc
06-18-2010, 02:04 PM
YEs, laker parade is Monday 11am in downtown LA. I don't know if they will do a cavalcade (not really a parade when its one float) this year. Last year they did a big push for the NBA since it was Orland vs Los Angeles, so Disney got involved because they could push visits to WDW and DLR. This year, though, they took a step back I think.

On a side note, Major League Basbeall is holding a parade in Anaheim for the All Star game and it finishes down Main St. on July 13th. (current schedule).

kfreak
06-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Idiots. Yay my team won, let's destroy the city!:mad:

I agree. My Fiancee, and friend, and I were talking about it last night. We just didnt understand the reason to riot since they won. I guess some people just look for any reason just to do bad things. I hope that they can identify some of the people, and make them pay for what they did.

dac1997
06-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Lakers fans may want to head to the park tomorrow...

tamagaal
06-18-2010, 10:03 PM

Really?!?! Any particular reason...?

olegc
06-18-2010, 10:39 PM

yeah - because it's a saturday and it will already be crowded. I seriously doubt they would do a "surprise" cavalcade. It's in their best interest to issue a press release and give the media a day or two to gather themselves and get people over there - not simply create a surprise for those guests in the parks already.

could it happen? yes, of course. Would it? I personally don't think so.