PDA

View Full Version : Miss Piggy's SSL

Darkbeer
03-24-2003, 01:13 AM
OK, the latest RUMORS from WDI...

Well, we all know (I presume) the ongoing SSL rumors.... the latest story was that the rumored SSL return in May was shelved for a Monsters, Inc. ride in the same building this Christmas/Holiday season...

Well, a NEW chapter is here....

It looks like Disney will be buying the Muppets in the next 2-3 weeks. (Michael Eisner basically confirmed that this week.)

And that PIXAR might be getting their own area (Think ex-farm, plus expansion)....

Muppets will get the Hollywood area...and PIXAR will get some additional treatment near ITTBAB and Flik's.....

So, to keep the Muppet's in Hollywood, the previous rumored Miss Piggy's Superstar Limo is back on the front burner!!!

So, another turn in the ongoing Soap Opera (And Disney thought they got rid of the Soap Opera Bistro!!!);)

Once again, Rumor, but it comes from a pretty good source!

Doodle Duck
03-24-2003, 04:51 AM
Miss Piggy should take her time on this re-hab and maybe get a 'thumbs up'. Just lose the 'nobodies', lower the lights and get crazy!
Not that I count but the two themed areas, Pixar and Muppets, is sure fine with me!

jrad32
03-24-2003, 09:00 AM
Anything's better than Joan and Whoopi

CelticCowboy
03-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Not quite written in stone yet though, but it looks promising.

Link (http://muppetcentral.com/news/2003/031903.shtml) to a good site for Muppet news.

rexfarms
03-24-2003, 07:46 PM
I thought Disney owned Jim Henson?:confused:

Nigel2
03-24-2003, 09:37 PM
Well I hope it's better than that Muppet thing that use to travel from mall to mall where it was basically SSL. It even had the same "You're a star!" ending.:~D

rexfarms
03-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Well I hope it's better than that Muppet thing that use to travel from mall to mall where it was basically SSL. It even had the same "You're a star!" ending.:~D
:confused: ?:confused: ?:confused: ?:confused:

Nigel2
03-24-2003, 10:41 PM
I think it was in the late 80's through the early 90's. It was some promotional thing where they would just set up this ride in a part of the mall and it was either busses or limos and it was like SSL. You would get in and go though stardom. Each part had you stop and the AA's would sing or talk. It was short and I am pretty sure it was free.

rexfarms
03-25-2003, 05:27 PM
Hmmm interesting. Was it as cheap/cheaper/or less cheap the SSL?

Nigel2
03-26-2003, 10:11 PM
Well it would have to be cheaper since there wasn't any money to be generated from going to it, plus it had to travel. Plus it wasn't a family ride since only kids could fit in it.

rexfarms
03-26-2003, 10:18 PM
Interesting...

Nigel2
03-26-2003, 11:17 PM
Lets see... were their any muppet movies marketed during the late 80's/early 90's?

Darkbeer
04-04-2003, 01:05 AM
From today's Jim Hill's Why For? article at JimHillMedia.com

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/main/index.htm

So -- should this deal actually go down -- what would this acquisition mean to the Disney theme parks? Well, for starters, the Imagineers are hoping that -- once this deal is finally signed off on (which could come as early as the tail end of April / the first few weeks of May) -- that they can immediately begin work on changing DCA's defunct "Superstar Limo" into "Miss Piggy's Superstar Limo." Where guests will board a stylized version of a limousine for a trip through a Muppet-ized version of Tinsel Town. This revamped ride would come to its conclusion when Disneyland Resort visitors would arrive at the big Hollywood premiere of a film starring the one, the only Miss Piggy.
So what exactly would this proposed change-out of "Superstar Limo" involve? Well, as of this moment, the plan is that the ride system for this Hollywood Pictures Backlot attraction is supposed to remain the same. Likewise the ride vehicles and the track layout. Thankfully, the rest of this much maligned DCA attraction is slated for demolition. The ride's original 2D sets will be torn out and those minimum-tronic figures of Drew Carey, Regis Philbin, and Cher are headed straight for the recycling bin.

merlinjones
04-04-2003, 06:26 AM
gee, I hope it's as good as Winnie-the-Pooh.:rolleyes: