PDA

View Full Version : Rivers of America photos

JeffG
03-23-2003, 10:00 PM
If anyone is interested, I have put up a number of photos of the Rivers of America refurbishment on my website. These photos were taken on 3/2 and 3/16 from a number of vantage points, including the Disney Gallery balcony, Tarzan's Treehouse, and a number of areas along the ground.

The photos can be found at the following link:

Rivers of America Photos (http://www.bigbeaks.com/dl/riverrefurb/index.html)

-Jeff

Laffite
03-23-2003, 10:16 PM
One of the best place to see dried ROA is not so obvious, and many people missed it. It is at the bottom of the drop on Splash Mountain, where the flume track go into ROA for a little and turn around. There are no fences there either! But you need really fast camera because you're moving and you have just a few seconds that you're in ROA.

Polar33
03-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Nice photos!

I especially love the ones taken on the 16th. I was in that area that morning before the park opened and got to hear all the workmen complaining about how much extra work and setback the rain caused. The dry riverbed ganed over a foot in some areas. Trailers and the like that were left in the area became barges.

The Jungle Cruise was 101 for most of that day too. The water level rose so much that all the boats floated off their track.

I guess the folks running KABC's "dopplar 7000" forgot to give the park a heads up. ;)

jslivinski
04-01-2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks for sharing your pictures.