PDA

View Full Version : Costco 4 day park hopper with gift card...anyone get this yet?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

momosuna
06-17-2010, 02:10 PM
We are looking for deals for our trip in July and I saw this at Costco. I was wondering if anyone has used these yet. It seems like a really good deal!

MammaSilva
06-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I just checked at Costco.com and there isn't any offer?

momosuna
06-17-2010, 03:08 PM
I have only seen it in the store, I plan to go check tonight to make sure its a dream of a wish my heart makes...

Califgirl
06-17-2010, 03:51 PM
I bought one in store the first day they came out. I was amazed that they actually hand you the gift card and the ticket. When the Deluxe AP w/ gift card deal came out last year, you had to turn in your ticket (well you had to do that anyway to get your AP), and when you exchanged your ticket for your AP they gave you a gift card. This is way easier!

Also the ticket is good for 4 days of parkhopping, anytime from now until May 2011. It doesn't expire 13 days after first use. There are a few blockout periods, 4th of July, Aug 23-24 (why?), and Christmas time.
All in all, it was a great option for my husband who comes to DLR a little (ok, a lot) less frequently than I do.

MammaSilva
06-17-2010, 04:00 PM
How much is the gift card and how much is the ticket? I need a couple tickets for later this year!

Califgirl
06-17-2010, 05:45 PM
The Costco price is $199. It's a 4 day parkhopper, expiration May 2011. And a $50 gift card.

MammaSilva
06-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Thank you so much!

CarrieAnn
06-17-2010, 06:07 PM
I was just at the Clovis Costco and didn't see this ticket.....is it just a SoCal thing ore are my eyes deceiving me?

currence
06-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Is there a price on the 4-day park hopper ticket? I know you say it's $199 (and thanks so much for that) but is that the price printed on the ticket itself or does it have a lesser amount?

MammaSilva
06-17-2010, 07:47 PM
I checked the online 4 day hopper and it retails at $199.00. I know last year the 4 day tickets were valued at their retail from Costco when they were used to upgrade

allye
06-17-2010, 08:00 PM
If we bought 4 -4 day hoppers would be getting 4 $50 gift cards? I might lookin to that.Trying find the best deal want to stay at the CGH at end of September or begining of October

currence
06-17-2010, 09:23 PM
I checked the online 4 day hopper and it retails at $199.00. I know last year the 4 day tickets were valued at their retail from Costco when they were used to upgrade

Upgrade... :) Who was reading my mind?

MammaSilva
06-17-2010, 09:35 PM
well I'm thinking $50.00 free is $50.00 free!

CADisneyGirl
06-17-2010, 09:57 PM
This ticket deal isn't listed on the Costco website only the City Pass is. If anyone finds out if it's just SoCal that gets this deal can you let all of us know on here because I'm sure there's more people then me who would be interested in this that don't live in SoCal.

MammaSilva
06-17-2010, 10:07 PM
I called the Costco in Corona and he had them in stock. He didn't say it was a So Cal deal but then again I didn't specifically ask either because we have family and friends in So Cal so we always have at least one resident with us when we visit.

momosuna
06-18-2010, 07:07 AM
This is a much better deal than the 3 days for $129. I think we are going to go for this one. We wanted to go back when the Ariel ride opened and then couldn't we trade for a annual pass that late??
How does that work?

Malcon10t
06-18-2010, 07:09 AM
This is a much better deal than the 3 days for $129. I think we are going to go for this one. We wanted to go back when the Ariel ride opened and then couldn't we trade for a annual pass that late??
How does that work?You can do that, but the annual pass will be dated the first day you used the ticket. So, if you use it June 30th, and then April 4th upgrade it to an AP, the AP expiration date will be June 30th.

Califgirl
06-18-2010, 07:45 AM
It is just a So. Cal deal. It says on the back of the ticket (and the placard) for Southern California residents only, within zipcodes of 90000 - 93599. There is not a price on the back of the ticket, so I can't say for sure what they will upgrade at, but I *think* it will be the $199. Also remember what Malcon10t said .. if you upgrade, your expiration date will be the anniversary of your first use of the ticket.

When I bought this at Costco, no one asked me if I was a So.Cal resident, because I was buying it in a So. Cal Costco. However, because it is a So.Cal only offering, I don't think you'll see it online.

Mooshu
06-18-2010, 07:54 AM
If a So. Cal resident purchased these for us non So. Cal residents, can we use them if they are not with us as we enter DL?

CarrieAnn
06-18-2010, 08:04 AM
burned yet again with the 93611 zipcode! I *really* think that they should extend the SoCal rates up through the Fresno area.....yes, I do......who else wants to jump on this bandwagon?

Malcon10t
06-18-2010, 08:19 AM
If a So. Cal resident purchased these for us non So. Cal residents, can we use them if they are not with us as we enter DL?In the past, what we have been told is there needs to be a SoCal resident in the group. I have seen it enforced, not every time, but enough that you do need to think twice if you want to risk it.

Malcon10t
06-18-2010, 08:21 AM
burned yet again with the 93611 zipcode! I *really* think that they should extend the SoCal rates up through the Fresno area.....yes, I do......who else wants to jump on this bandwagon?Well, then, let's make it all the way up to the Stockton area! And since we have gone that far, how about all of California? And since Arizona and NV area can be closer than some northern CA areas, we need to include AZ and NV. And since NM is next to AZ, why not them, and it goes on and on.

Disneyland has to draw the line somewhere, and they draw it at the various zip codes they pre determined.

candles71
06-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Well, then, let's make it all the way up to the Stockton area! And since we have gone that far, how about all of California? And since Arizona and NV area can be closer than some northern CA areas, we need to include AZ and NV. And since NM is next to AZ, why not them, and it goes on and on.

Disneyland has to draw the line somewhere, and they draw it at the various zip codes they pre determined.

:| But, isn't Sacramento in Southern California? I'm sure I just saw this on the news somewhere. In fact they were asking people on the streets of New York to find Sacramento on a map. Interestingly enoughthe peole who got it right were all visiting from other countries.:rolleyes:

heatherya
06-18-2010, 12:14 PM
we drove down to fresno last year to buy our DAP's with GC and they didn't ask us about so-cal address then...they even took our DL's for info when we went to the ticket booth. my sil is coming along with us in august, and this would be a better deal than the get 5 for 3 for $189 deal we were planning on. i'm wondering if we should take our chances and stop at a costco in socal when we get there.

MammaSilva
06-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Deluxe AP's aren't restricted so they wouldn't care where you live, in fact those passes were available online thru Costco.com but if you plan to use a So Cal restricted admission media then you need to be prepared to risk being stopped at the gate and unless you have someone in your party with acceptable ID in the appropriate zip code plan on being sent back to the ticket booths to purchase non restricted tickets. Does this happen every single time, no it doesn't but are you willing to be the one time that you get a CM that enforces the policy by asking for your proof of residency?

Costco is "supposed" to ask for it when you buy the tickets but if they don't and you manage to buy them the CM at the gate is still authorized to ask for proof of residency. If you have a friend or family member that lives in the area that is going to go with you for at least the first visit you'll be fine otherwise you're really risking being turned away and all the issues that will come from that.