PDA

View Full Version : How busy the week before Easter?

gailp
03-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Hi,
We are thinking about taking a trip to DL during the week before Easter, probably April 14-18. We've been there during most times of the year, but never at that time. I'm interested in how busy it might be then. Thanks in advance!
Gail

cujosr
03-23-2003, 08:48 PM
Busy

TinkR
03-23-2003, 09:50 PM
Been there, done that, WON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!

I went last year the week before Easter, on a fluke, because my husband was going down on business. I could either stay at home with three kids or go down with them and if nothing else swim at the hotel and not cook or clean for five days. So we went. We never stayed more than three hours because it was just too crowded for us. We have AP's and go on 'off times'. We've gotten very spoiled about not waiting in lines. It's hard enough to take little kids (especially when it's me by myself with the three kids), but if you have to wait 45 minutes for a ride that you usually walk right on, well it doesn't make for a very fun experience. We did have a grand time swimming.

My son, daughter and I have birthdays the week following Easter. We usually spend at least the kids' bdays in Disneyland, but won't this year from last years experience. I'm thinking of going the next week if my husband can't arrange a business trip down there. Instead of the birthdays I'll get to celebrate my Anniversary there. That would be nice.

TP2000
03-24-2003, 12:17 AM
The Birnbaum's Official Guide is filled with lot's of errors and misinformation, but what it does have that is correct is a little graph that shows the busy and non-busy times of the year.

That graph has the two weeks surrounding Easter Sunday as being "Very Busy". And that is correct. The two Easter weeks are extremely busy, probably only surpassed by crowds and very long lines for everything by the two weeks surrounding Christmas and New Years.

If you have a choice, don't go during Easter. If it's the only time you can go to Disneyland, make sure to pack plenty of patience for those long lines you'll be waiting in and the maddening crowds you'll be fighting against for everything.

Why not try a Tuesday/Wednesday in late January, especially if the forecast is for rain?

cujosr
03-24-2003, 12:28 AM
Like I said...
Originally posted by cujosr
Busy I always dreaded working those three weeks.

MonorailMan
03-24-2003, 12:38 AM
Busy

I'll back that up. :)

PhilMP
03-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Like I said... I always dreaded working those three weeks.

Well...only three weeks at full availability, but remember, beginning in March, weekends start getting horribly crowded and busy.

Oh well, at least with all these new hires, I won't be working seven days again this year.

Toady The Eighth
03-24-2003, 03:29 PM
There are perks to going to Disneyland on the busy times of the year. Over Easter Week, there are no closed attractions, or at least very few, the park is open till midnight, and they do the fireworks every night. I think this makes up for it.

°o° Shannon:p