PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Impress My Girl! :)

Pages : [1] 2

FantasmicFan82
07-30-2001, 10:19 PM
Ok, Monday August 6th i'm going to DL with my girlfreind. all day, anything special to make it fun? any suggestions would be helpful. my only no no is the blue bayou, i don't like the food, it's not the prices. the food just didn't have a good taste to it the last time i went, and i rarely go, so i don't plan on going some more. thank you in advance for you sugesstions.

Hades
07-30-2001, 10:47 PM
Take her for dinner at The Napa Rose at the Grand Californian. They just recently got a 4 1/2 star rating from Angelino magazine (that's out of 5 possible stars). Not to mention, the atmosphere should be nice and intimate. ;) Later, perhaps dessert at the Gallery to watch your favorite show with your favorite girl?

Ralph Wiggum
07-30-2001, 11:04 PM
This from the devil(jk Hades)!! Actually I agree with him. One word of advice. I don't know how much of a Disney freak you are but if you are like me you have alot of Disney trivia that you can speal out while at the park. Pick and choose a couple but don't be a tour guide. I find I play tour guide sometimes with friends and I end up becoming annoying. I have learned to tone it down and stop myself.

Other than that just have fun and you should be fine. How long have you been together?

winniepooh
07-31-2001, 12:14 AM
Get the balcony seats for Fantasmic..

rob
07-31-2001, 06:35 AM
You might try to get up to the wheelhouse on the Mark Twain.

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-31-2001, 08:14 AM
I Love giving advice.
Ask her what she wants to go on most of the time, If she asks what you want to go on next, Then tell her. Buy her a cool hat, and while in Toontown, buy her a frozen yogurt from Clarabelle's. (YUM! My favorite). The Mansion is fun for dates. So, is Small World. Ride the Carrousel with her, too. She may want to go on other small FL rides, also. If you guys are into having fun and playing around, take her to Tom Sawyer's. And lastly, buy a picture of you guys on Splash. Most ladies think pictures of them as a couple are sweet. Just a few hints.;) Have lots of Fun!!! PS If you're into it, check out the Bears before they're gone!

Lani
07-31-2001, 08:17 AM
You can propose to her at the Snow White Grotto... :D

FantasmicFan82
07-31-2001, 05:39 PM
LoL Lani, we haven't been together THAT long. i doubt i'd end up doing that tommorow.
Ralph: something like 8 months. yes, it's taken me this long to be able to come to DL with her. we both are college students and part tim workers.

JRob2k1
07-31-2001, 05:54 PM
There's nothing like wrapping your arms around your favorite gal while you watch one of the greatest fireworks show goes on above you!! Believe is a great idea for the magic/romance. Standing in the hub watching Believe with my girlfriend really was special, I would recommend it!

-JRob

FantasmicFan82
08-01-2001, 05:57 PM
Well, now i have my whole evening planned with her. she'll enjoy it. anything else? thanks alot guys/gals.

Morrigoon
08-02-2001, 01:00 AM
Believe! is that kind of fuzzy romantic thing that you'll want to stand BEHIND her, with your arms wrapped around her. Trust me on this one.

Try PCH Grill or Hook's for great dining (don't know anbout your budget, so you'd better check the prices first) If it's too much, try taking her for dinner in the park (the chicken at Plaza Inn is very good), see Believe, then RUSH over to Hooks and get chocolate souffle. I say rush b/c fireworks are at 9:30 and Hook's closes at like 10, but if you get in before 10 they'll still serve you, especially if all you want is dessert.

FantasmicFan82
08-02-2001, 06:47 PM
hrm, chicken sounds good... she'd kill me, she a vegatarian. haha.;)

Ralph Wiggum
08-02-2001, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by FantasmicFan82
hrm, chicken sounds good... she'd kill me, she a vegatarian. haha.;)

In that case I would dump her. jk..... I am use to giving vegitarians a hard time. My sister is one.

FantasmicFan82
08-02-2001, 06:59 PM
LoL. One of my best friends, who now is my sister-in-law, is a veggie. somehow brother ended up with her, she's always mean to me.:rolleyes:
When i started to go out with my gf i found out that she was a veggie as well. so now double-dates are neat. there's not so much veggie foods left. (Tofu: YUCK!):eek:

FantasmicFan82
08-02-2001, 07:02 PM
Oh yeah, and Ralph. i am pretty sure i'm going to turn into a tour guide.:( but i have warned her, so i've done what i could.:rolleyes:

Alex S.
08-02-2001, 07:05 PM
(Tofu: YUCK!)

Have you actually tried tofu? Or is it the appearance? If you've tried it, are you aware of the 1,001 million ways it can be made, prepared, and used?

I could serve you tofu that you would swear to me was a nice smoked cheese. Tofu doesn't look appetizing but it doesn't have any natural taste of its own (not much anyway) so I don't see how you can think it is yucky.

Generally it just tastes like whatever surrounds it.

FantasmicFan82
08-02-2001, 07:08 PM
yes, i've tried it. i dunno what it was supposed to be, but i know it was in a thai food rest. (VERY good restaurant too:D) it tasted like a jello'y cube of salt.

disneyhead
08-02-2001, 07:44 PM
You know vegetarian is Native American for bad hunter.

Morrigoon
08-02-2001, 10:08 PM
Hahaha Disneyhead.

You know, tofu in the context of miso soup is quite nice.

Hades
08-03-2001, 11:36 AM
On the subject of tofu, just think of it as the sponge of the food world!:D

ODV CM
08-04-2001, 09:33 PM
by all means, balcony seats for Fantasmic! is the best thing you can do to impress her. And you really need to reconsider the Blue Bayou, it is the most romantic resturant in the park. There has to be something there that you can tolorate. But, if not, then go with the Plaza Inn for lunch, and if Barrage is playing that night, TLT for dinner. If not, I reccomend Cafe Orleans, its kind of quaint in its own little way. Just stay away from the Muffaletta, that will give you absolute horrible breath, and that is pretty much the last thing you want on a date. Other than that, don't worry about what rides you go on, just try to enjoy the park and each others company. I'd spend as much time as I could in New Orleans Square, as that is the most romantic part of the park, but make sure that you are doing mostly what she wants since you are an old hat at this.

FantasmicFan82
08-04-2001, 10:00 PM
OK, on the persuation of the Blue Bayou, what's good there? anyone have suggestions...
She just e-mailed me, she found her way here and read this thread, she's like really happy with me right now =)

Wackokid
08-04-2001, 10:37 PM
(Tofu: YUCK!)
i have to agree

Dreamstaker
08-05-2001, 11:13 AM
OK, on the persuation of the Blue Bayou, what's good there? anyone have suggestions...
She just e-mailed me, she found her way here and read this thread, she's like really happy with me right now =)

Go for coffee/drink and desert after the lunch or dinner crowd. The atmosphere is the same and you can take your time.

ODV CM
08-05-2001, 11:28 AM
The Jambalaya is delicious, but it is the same exact thing you can get for much less at Cafe Orleans. I also love their Monte Cristo sandwiches, but both of those items are only available for lunch. Hey, if all else fails, go with the chicken.

Lunch (served 11:00 a.m. until 3:45 p.m.)
Prime Rib - $16.99
Jambalaya - $13.99
Bronze Chicken - $13.99
Crab Cakes - $13.99
Chicken Salad - $10.99
Monte Cristo Sandwich - $10.99
Roast Pork Loin - $15.99
Seafood Salad - $12.99

Dinner (served from 3:45 p.m.)

Roast Pork Loin - $24.99
Steak Diane - $26.99
Prime Rib - $25.99
Grilled Salmon - $24.99
Crab Cakes - $23.99
Shrimp Creole - $23.99
Bronze Chicken - $19.99
Mousekemeal (chicken nuggets, corndogs, or pasta) - $6.99

Vegetarian Menu

Grilled Portobello Mushrooms - $12.99 Lunch, $18.99 Dinner
Steamed Fresh Vegetables - $8.49
Tricolor Pasta - $17.99 Dinner only

Sides / Appetizers / Desserts

Shrimp Cocktail - $8.99 ($9.99 Dinner)
Calamari Rings - $7.99 ($8.49 Dinner)
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms - $7.99 ($8.49 Dinner)
Creole Gumbo - $4.49
Tossed Salad - $5.49
Clam Chowder - $4.49 (no breadbowl)
Chocolate Pecan Pie - $4.95
Crème Brulee - $4.95
Chocolate Mousse Cake - $4.95

Beverages

O'Douls Non-alcoholic Beer - $3.79
Mint Julep - $2.89 (NOT refillable)
Also espresso / cappuccino