PDA

View Full Version : Value in using a DVC referral?

currence
06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
I am somewhere between considering and seriously considering buying into DVC. I feel like I have most/all the information to make an informed decision_ I just need to decide whether it's right for my family at this stage in our lives.

I'm contemplating making first contact with a DVC person just to hear the sales pitch and ask a few questions regarding the current promotions/minimums. I've seen on a few other web sites that to get a member referral you have to provide that info on your first contact. I think I am "friends of friends" with some members ib real life, but am not sure if the incentives are worth tracking them down.

Do any current members know if the referral bonuses are worth it?

GusMan
06-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Do any current members know if the referral bonuses are worth it?
Its more worth it for them than for you from what I gather. (Yes, members who refer others who end up joining do get something in return.) You can always bring it up to your guide and see what he/she says. Incentives, etc, seem to always vary so its good to see what is out there first.

MrsWishes
06-14-2010, 08:03 PM
I think your friends will really appreciate the effort of tracking them down and be grateful for any referral incentive they may recieve. I know I hope that if any of my friends ever become DVC members they will use me as a referral. Let us know if you join so we can welcome you in and answer any questions you may have. The people on this site are amazing.

Linda

currence
06-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. That's part of the problem. If I was first degree friends of members, then I would already have a referral. Since they are friends of friends I'm not sure it's worth the effort. The two people I think are members I've never actually met, I've just periodically heard about from friends I don't keep in the best of contact with.

If anyone on Mouseplanet wants to PM me their information, I will be happy to use them as a referral if we do make contact. I don't know what information DVC needs, but I'm pretty sure "sure, Gusman told me I should join" or "MrsWishes sent me" won't quite cut it. ;) I certainly appreciate that sending a stranger your actual name and DVC info (or whatever they need for a referral) isn't for everyone. If there isn't a significant incentive for me, then I may just make contact without a referral.