PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Beauty Castle

Pirate Girl
03-22-2003, 10:54 AM
What is the deal with the castle? Why has it been closed for so long and when are they going to re-open it? I'm starting to forget what it looks like inside ;).

Sonya in Boise
03-22-2003, 10:59 AM
I wish they would open it. Ashley asked every time we walked thru it if she could go inside. She would have freaked out to be INSIDE Aurora's Castle.

DisneyFan25863
03-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by 100thGrimGrinningGhost
What is the deal with the castle? Why has it been closed for so long and when are they going to re-open it? I'm starting to forget what it looks like inside ;).

I don't think that they are going to re-open it for awhile. It is the perfect target for a terrorist, if you think about it. It's sad, but it's for the best :(

wdtv
03-22-2003, 05:17 PM
Perhaps in 2005, for the 50th; that'd be awesome (That is, unless the war is still raging on, or if at least the fear of terrorism is still in effect).

stitcher
03-22-2003, 08:01 PM
The security argument(or at least it being the major hold up) is a bunch of hooey....

I can think of a lot of other places in the park that would be just as easy(if not more)

To get back, the latest projected date was April 1(ha ha). The opening date listed on a recent Castmember Reference Guide is now TBD....:(

Based on something I saw last week though, I have a theory that they may be covering up....

Pirate Girl
03-22-2003, 08:04 PM
I just hope it doesn't go by way of Superstar Lame'o and never open again. I would be most upset.

wdtv
03-22-2003, 08:32 PM
I would be surprised if they just closed it permanately. Plus, Disneyland is not suffering like DCA; everybody loves the castle (As opposed to SL in DCA)

Pirate Girl
03-23-2003, 04:51 PM
True, but never underestimate. I mean, look what they did to the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

Darkbeer
03-24-2003, 12:58 AM
A few comments....

Yes, Security was the main issue when they closed the Walkthrough.... but is a weak excuse for keeping it closed....

ADA issues...

The desire to have a Princess dining are like WDW......

Heck, don't be surprised when Pinocchio's is replaced by a Disney Princess dark ride:eek:

screamin4ever
03-24-2003, 09:07 AM
Wouldn't it be more likely that a terrorist would find a way to become part of the fireworks crew and one night install a stick of dynamite onto the castle's fireworks? That seems more of a possibility to me than a guy with explosives in a backpack. Of course, a pile of park maps and a lighter might set the castle ablaze from the inside.

Fun times we live in.

timl33
03-24-2003, 09:48 AM
There certainly a lot of places that would be easier, but the castle is probably the best symbolic target in the entire park.

Originally posted by stitcher
The security argument(or at least it being the major hold up) is a bunch of hooey....

I can think of a lot of other places in the park that would be just as easy(if not more)

refurbmike
03-24-2003, 10:45 AM
Actually, security is an issue with the castle b/c of access. Basically, if something goes wrong, the guests could be trapped inside, since there is little room to maneuver.

Also, it is apparent that Disney got an order from the FBI to close the Castle following 9/11. I'm not sure if that order is still in effect, or Disney merely decided it wasn't worth it to re-open the Castle.

Techie7
03-24-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by refurbmike
Also, it is apparent that Disney got an order from the FBI to close the Castle following 9/11. I don't think it is the FBI's role to order attractions to close. Additionally the castle closed half way through the day on the day we started dropping bombs on Afganistan.

CaliforniaAdventurer
03-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Techie7
I don't think it is the FBI's role to order attractions to close. Additionally the castle closed half way through the day on the day we started dropping bombs on Afganistan.

I wish the FBI would force Disney to shut down Honey I shrunk the Audience. Not because of any danger it poses, I just find it boring.

cujosr
03-24-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
I wish the FBI would force Disney to shut down Honey I shrunk the Audience. Not because of any danger it poses, I just find it boring. Then don't go there. I acctually enjoyed the show I went to two weeks ago. Well Professor Maynard was there but that is beside the fact. Thing is if you don't like it don't see it and save any comments for other, more important issues.
Maynard and Me! (http://www.stupidguesttricks.com/images/maynardandme.jpg)
Note: This may be the only picture you EVER see of me. So live it up girls!!

CaliforniaAdventurer
03-25-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by cujosr
Then don't go there. I acctually enjoyed the show I went to two weeks ago. Well Professor Maynard was there but that is beside the fact. Thing is if you don't like it don't see it and save any comments for other, more important issues.
Maynard and Me! (http://www.stupidguesttricks.com/images/maynardandme.jpg)
Note: This may be the only picture you EVER see of me. So live it up girls!!

Just kidding :confused:

cujosr
04-02-2003, 01:32 AM
Shoot I put up a picture of me and everyone stops posting to this topic! I can't be that bad.

Tigertail777
04-02-2003, 01:47 AM
It IS that bad...why? because you are teasing my poor brain trying to think what the heck attraction that could be.;)

Nice pic though... Maynard must have a lot of caffiene! LOL

cujosr
04-02-2003, 09:12 AM
It's inside HISTA after the last show of the night.

cujosr
04-03-2003, 12:48 AM
i gotta remember to look for those winks. I was tired anyway and didn't get it.:sleep: