PDA

View Full Version : World of Color Third show added for TONIGHT [June 11]!

CMHusband
06-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Disneyland opened the ticket booths at 2:30 am this morning to start selling tickets to the crowd and just announced that they are adding a 3rd show tonight at 11:15. Get There!!!

houseofmouse
06-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Selling? 2:30 am really? Wow! I feel bad for those who aren't at the park until it actually opens!

ScottC4746
06-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Disneyland opened the ticket booths at 2:30 am this morning to start selling tickets to the crowd and just announced that they are adding a 3rd show tonight at 11:15. Get There!!!

I called Disney Dining to book a reservation for this and yes there is a 11:15 show, however no seat reservations other than fast pass. Living in Redondo Beach I don't have a prayer to get a fast pass for it...I'll never get there in time.

ScottC4746
06-11-2010, 03:48 PM
I called Disney Dining to book a reservation for this and yes there is a 11:15 show, however no seat reservations other than fast pass. Living in Redondo Beach I don't have a prayer to get a fast pass for it...I'll never get there in time.

If you have not left the house yet for tonight...don't. After being told that they just opened the 11:15 PM show, I went out there only to be told my some CM's that there is not 11:15 PM show, other CM's saying yes get a fast pass, other CM's saying yes, but there are no fast passes left, other CM's saying just show up for space available, other CM's saying you must have a fast pass. In short, they have no idea what they are doing. Suprise suprise, the Disney quality has once again turned into the flea market leavel of guest services.

AaronInCal
06-11-2010, 04:13 PM
If you have not left the house yet for tonight...don't. After being told that they just opened the 11:15 PM show, I went out there only to be told my some CM's that there is not 11:15 PM show, other CM's saying yes get a fast pass, other CM's saying yes, but there are no fast passes left, other CM's saying just show up for space available, other CM's saying you must have a fast pass. In short, they have no idea what they are doing. Suprise suprise, the Disney quality has once again turned into the flea market leavel of guest services.
Wow.. give them a break! It's the first night, naturally there is misinformation all over the place. It's pretty much been confirmed there will be an 11:15 show, but whether you NEED to have a fastpass or not for that show has not been confirmed. But still, expect this kind of confusion all weekend until they finally get things straight.

CMHusband
06-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Wow.. give them a break! It's the first night, naturally there is misinformation all over the place. It's pretty much been confirmed there will be an 11:15 show, but whether you NEED to have a fastpass or not for that show has not been confirmed. But still, expect this kind of confusion all weekend until they finally get things straight.

The fast passes were gone by 1:30 in the afternoon. At first they weren't going to use the FP system for the last show, but then decided against that idea and made them available. I think It has to do with guest control issues and what they think the expectation is going to be..also they then need to extend park hours which means they need to extend shifts, so they need to make sure the have the managers and staff to run things, handle any rides, food, guests etc. I don't think its all as easy as they make it look. and yes its the first night. cut em some slack. jeeez.

olegc
06-11-2010, 09:22 PM

many of us have talked about this extensively on this board - and many of us are simply fans and not CMs - and WE were saying management should have plans in place and figure it out early - instead of running it on the fly. Giving them a break is OK if they may have not thougt about it. However, with so much pre-launch interest in this show - what was management doing in the days before opening? playing cards?

I know - it sounds harsh - but that's what you plan for - how to maintain guest experience even when things change. The perception now (an remember that counts a lot) is that they have you there anyway - why try harder (at least from a management perspective). Again - it may not be actual, but many perceive it to be this way.

TDASuit
06-11-2010, 11:23 PM
many of us have talked about this extensively on this board - and many of us are simply fans and not CMs - and WE were saying management should have plans in place and figure it out early - instead of running it on the fly. Giving them a break is OK if they may have not thougt about it. However, with so much pre-launch interest in this show - what was management doing in the days before opening? playing cards?

I know - it sounds harsh - but that's what you plan for - how to maintain guest experience even when things change. The perception now (an remember that counts a lot) is that they have you there anyway - why try harder (at least from a management perspective). Again - it may not be actual, but many perceive it to be this way.

I'd have to agree. I was very surprised to hear that an email went out very late in the afternoon yesterday asking for the salaried folks at TDA to come out this evening and volunteer. For what, you ask? Who knows? I'm assuming Guest Control but that wasn't included in the email (from what I'm told).

This date has been set in stone for months. There's no excuse to not be ready in Operations.

danyoung
06-12-2010, 07:37 AM
This date has been set in stone for months. There's no excuse to not be ready in Operations.

Sorry, but this is just ridiculous. You're expecting Disney Guest Control to hit the ground running, and be PERFECT in reacting to every possible scenario when dealing with an entirely new show with new viewing practices, new staging areas, new ticketing options, and a totally unknown flow of crowds throughout the day? From what I've read elsewhere, the work that Guest Control has done up front is really paying off, and there have been minimal bottlenecks of people getting in and out of the viewing area. It sounds like Operations changed their minds at the last minute about a 3rd show, and it's absolutely no wonder that there might be a bit of confusion as to how to handle the large crowds in a changing environment. I agree with others in this thread - give them a chance to experience how the crowds are going to react before bad mouthing them for handling the crowds wrong.

lovindisneyland
06-14-2010, 12:11 PM
i was there friday,saturday and sunday at DCA/DLR! i did not see any bad crowd handeling! i actually thought it was very well put together! :) no confusion whatsoever! :)