PDA

View Full Version : World of Color Media/Red Carpet Event [June 10-11]

Pages : [1] 2

Catcherman22
06-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Those of you who don't want to wait, and don't mind not seeing it in person... Disney is broadcasting WOC live from the media preview.

http://www.ustream.tv/worldofcolor

Andrew
06-09-2010, 08:49 PM
We'll have that uStream video embedded in our special live coverage article here on MousePlanet.

SigalTchelet
06-10-2010, 06:41 AM
They are previewing it on Good Morning America this morning! I am watching it right now! Way cool!

Karin
06-10-2010, 07:20 AM
*LOVE* MP's logo change of color today on the Pad. :) Nice touch, all.

Andrew
06-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Thank MousePad member and MouseAdventure crew volunteer Disneyphile aka Teresa, who knocked out the "World of Color"-ized logo in less than half an hour.

maui0512
06-10-2010, 10:29 AM
AVP, anyone...

Will you be able to see the celebrity arrivals at all? I know in the past you were able to like the Nemo sub opening but with that one the park was open. Since DCA closes at 5:00 I wonder if there will be any opportunity for seeing anyone.

Lori

Andrew
06-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Adrienne is in London waiting to board the Disney Magic, so it's unlikely that she'll see any celebs on the blue carpet (cute, huh?) but MousePlanet's Steven Ng and Frank Anzalone will be reporting and photographing the entire weekend's festivities. We'll have live updates here on MousePlanet.

maui0512
06-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks Andrew. I forgot about her cruise. Yeah, she won't see anyone on the Blue Carpet.

So probably not much chance for the general public to see anyone either.

olegc
06-10-2010, 01:12 PM
according to the Disneyland blog yes you will be able to see celebs arriving down the blue carpet. I don't think they will be showing the actual World of COlor water show.

MammaSilva
06-10-2010, 02:48 PM
It's beautiful and I for one hope we keep it forevermore instead of our original version, and just for what it's worth T is amazing!!!!! If anyone got to see their wedding pics you would have been blown away by her centerpieces, wedding favors and over all decorations for her wedding...she's one talented woman!

Karin
06-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Thank MousePad member and MouseAdventure crew volunteer Disneyphile aka Teresa, who knocked out the "World of Color"-ized logo in less than half an hour.

Thanks, Disneyphile! It's awesome!

It's beautiful and I for one hope we keep it forevermore instead of our original version

FWIW, I wouldn't mind seeing it stay, too. :)

Andrew
06-10-2010, 05:05 PM
MousePlanet's live World of Color coverage is now up and running here: http://www.mouseplanet.com/9279/World_of_Color_premiere_live_coverage

We have the Ustream streaming video from DCA, a live-updating Twitter feed of everyone talking about World of Color using the official "#DisneyWoC" hashtag, blog posts from our on-site reporters and you can follow our MousePlanet Twitter accounts and even Tweet your own thoughts on World of Color right from the page.

Suggestions happily accepted. ;)

Toocherie
06-10-2010, 07:23 PM

Why am I not seeing this? Is it still up?

Andrew
06-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Why am I not seeing this? Is it still up?
Try reloading the page. It may have been cached but I've made an adjustment that should fix it.

SigalTchelet
06-10-2010, 08:36 PM
That was amazing!!!! I cannot wait to see it in person in October. Loved talking Mickey! Looks like Terri Hatcher got drenched! lol

DonKarnage
06-10-2010, 08:41 PM
It's funny I logged in and saw this this thread & realized I showed up about 3 minutes before it started...so I watched...

...and I'm looking forward to seeing it in person in the next few days. :D

Escape2Disney
06-10-2010, 08:47 PM
I really enjoyed the streaming video of the show! I can't wait until I see it in Sept. My daughter is already requested that we watch it 2 or 3 times from different vantage points :-)

disneyshoes
06-10-2010, 09:30 PM
That was fun to watch---so looking forward to seeing it in person :) Amazing!

houseofmouse
06-10-2010, 09:41 PM
from the bits I watched, since I did not want to spoil too much for myself, it looks amazing! I am a bit concerned for the wet factor since after the show you saw Terri Hatcher and her daughter drying off with towels!
We watched Fantasmic once in Florida on a windy night and we got misted the whole show. It was not enjoyable.:(

olegc
06-10-2010, 10:01 PM
from the bits I watched, since I did not want to spoil too much for myself, it looks amazing! I am a bit concerned for the wet factor since after the show you saw Terri Hatcher and her daughter drying off with towels!
We watched Fantasmic once in Florida on a windy night and we got misted the whole show. It was not enjoyable.:(

that's only going to happen if you're in the front section, and i believe that will be reserved for those purchasing dining and show options..

disneykohler
06-10-2010, 10:01 PM
We watched it, SO amazing. Looking forward to being there late next month!! I agree tho, they looked wet at the end, I hadn't even CONSIDERED that! Sounds like an affair calling for a poncho or a change of clothes in the backpack. Don't care, it was amazing and we are so totally looking forward to seeing it in person. Now, I just have to have you all help me understand the dinner arrangements, seating etc, I'll be set!!

Lex

houseofmouse
06-10-2010, 10:11 PM
that's only going to happen if you're in the front section, and i believe that will be reserved for those purchasing dining and show options..

Yeah that would be me. Taking my Daughter to Ariels for dinner on the 15th of July. Will take some cheap ponchos then. Or try to stand behind some people!
When we try to see it again with just Fastpass, I guess no worries then! :)

Karin
06-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Try reloading the page. It may have been cached but I've made an adjustment that should fix it.

Yesterday just the logo on the Pad was in color for me. Now both the Pad *and* the main MP page have color. Yay!

WITron
06-11-2010, 06:54 AM
I watched the broadcast last night, and even though I had high interest, the broadcast didn't hold my interest. It kept lagging. Today I went on You tube and did a search and found a video of the show, which I fell better reflects how good this show is. After watching the you tube video, I am excited to see it in person in Oct.

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqijf6DZz4s&NR=1

chahn
06-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking that Fastpass may be just fine for us since I would prefer to skip the shower. :) Hopefully the lines in the morning may fade a bit by October otherwise we'll pick a day to be there bright & early.