PDA

View Full Version : Operation Save "Wonder" tower Waterfall!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Imaginears
06-09-2010, 03:11 PM
As others had expressed interest in saving the gorgeous waterfall in front of the Disneyland Hotel "Wonder" Tower (aka: Bonita and Frontier) from the wrecking ball, I wanted to pass along the information I've found to contact Disney management about leaving this water feature intact.
First of all, my parents and I drove down Monday to revisit the falls and they are truely spectacular. They are powerful and quite beautiful to linger around and it reaffirmed my reasons for wanting Disney to save them for posterity. If you haven't visited them in a while, do yourself a favor and wander along the path and see how majestic they are.
I was clear with disney that the new plans for the pool makeover are fantastic, but to tear down the waterfall and replace it with a patch of grass is a travesty. There are already so many places to conduct a wedding on the premesis, why would this feature need to be removed. It really makes a stunning background for Brides and grooms to take wedding pictures in front of and makes a wonderful gathering place for wedding guests.
To contact Disneyland a let them document your concerns and hopefully save this area you can:
Call them: 1-714-781-4500 and ask for GUEST COMMUNICATIONS
or
E-Mail them: at the Disneyland website under the CONTACT US listing.

I encourage everyone to do so as it's truly a wonderful space and would not hinder the new and exciting plan to redo the hotel pool. With the removal of the beach pool, water show and koi pond, there should be plenty of room to leave the Falls intact!!! I hope all Mouse Planet Blogers will join in, as even the few hotel employees that I spoke with relayed that the Falls were their favorite feature and one they are very sad to see go.

darph nader
06-09-2010, 04:58 PM
I'll give a try. Hopefully it's not right next to "Bring back the People Mover" survey. :eyeroll:

disneyshoes
06-10-2010, 07:52 AM
I will call :)

Imaginears
06-10-2010, 10:26 AM
I'll give a try. Hopefully it's not right next to "Bring back the People Mover" survey. :eyeroll:

Ouch Nader! I admit I thought the same thing , but ouch, right in my old Achilles People Mover heel! The one thing we've got going for us this time is that not only will it not cost disney execs any money, it should save them some not having to tear the waterfall down!!:D

CapnJackSavvy
06-11-2010, 01:57 PM
But the fishies are already gone!!!!:mad:

Imaginears
06-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Yes the, go are going to the Huntington library, which will be a nice home for them to reside. BUT, once the waterfall is gone, it's gone for good. :crying: If it's been a while since you've been to the waterfall, I thought I'd remind everyone about the trail that leads to the falls and how wonderful and powerful it is. Its like going behind the falls at niagra. It's really spectacular!!

Teddi
06-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the contact info.

Imaginears
06-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the contact info.

Your welcome teddi!!! Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion about keeping the waterfall! And thank-you to all the others that are doing the same. It's inconvient but fairly easy and it would be nice to save the structure rather than be faced with a patch of grass!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed guys the Execs reconsider. At least will know we've done OUR part!!!:)

TowerofTerror
06-17-2010, 12:29 AM
I think it should be saved like many others

CADisneyGirl
06-17-2010, 12:06 PM
I've never been to the Disneyland Hotel, except to catch the Disneyland Express, but I think they should keep the waterfall. I love waterfalls.

10-97
06-21-2010, 07:24 PM
I'll really miss the waterfall and koi pond.

Everybody in my family still refers to the towers by their original names: Sierra, Marina, and Bonita.

Michael24
06-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Is this the waterfall called Horseshoe Falls that is lit up with alternate colors at night? You kind of walk down a curving ramp and can stand over the pool right in front of them? I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for the first time in January 2009, and I walked down there with my mom and brother during a late night stroll through the hotel. It was so beautiful, with the sound of the water and the colorful lights. It would be terrible to loose it, and I can't believe they're thinking about getting rid of them. :(

Teddi
06-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Yes, those waterfalls.

Imaginears
06-26-2010, 03:42 PM
With the onset of Construction walls being installed by Horseshoe falls it looks as though it has been fast tracked for demolition, but don't let that detour anyone from letting their support for the falls be heard by Dineyland Hotel. Many other Disney sites have also been bannering for the falls to remain. So there still might be a shot. :)

pammie
06-28-2010, 07:10 AM
loved the waterfalls

MeRSiamese
06-28-2010, 08:26 AM

Or the now gone Adventurer's Club at WDW's Pleasure Island, which had the support of plenty - including celebrities and media... :-(

...Will Kungaloosh! forever because an Adventurer's life IS best...!

/cry

Flygirl
06-28-2010, 10:14 AM
I can't tell you how disappointed I am by this. The waterfalls might have only taken up about 45 minutes of our trip coming up in August, but it is these little things I truly look forward to most! We last stayed at the DLH in 2002, and my kids don't even remember them. I was holding out some hope that they might still be there when we go--but reading about construction walls makes that seem unlikely. Can someone give me more information about what is happening in the area now?

BlkPearlCptn
06-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Went and saw the waterfalls yesterday and it really hit home about how horrible it is that they are taking these out. They were crowded with people who were guests of the hotel and people coming to say "goodbye." The feeling alternated between in awe of them and incredibly sad. People were talking about how horrible it will be when that beautiful area is just grass. It's not just the waterfalls, but the georgous landscaping that surrounds them as well.

I admit it, I teared up and wasn't the only one there doing it.

Tomorrowlander
06-28-2010, 03:59 PM
It's not too late to save the falls ....

Write to Disney .. and let them know .. you care, and don't want the falls taken out -

These are among the people you want to write to:

First choice -
*George Kalogridis, President DLR
700 W Ball Road, Anaheim, CA 92802

Second choice -
* Tony Bruno, Vice President, Hotels & Downtown Disney
700 W Ball Road, Anaheim, CA 92802

Third choice -
* John Mauro
Development Manager
Walt Disney Imagineering
1401 Flower St Glendale, CA 91201-2421

Fourth choice -
* Heather Hust Rivera
Manager Print and Social Media Disneyland Resort
Disneyland Hotel Makeover Blog Entry: Disneyland Hotel Makeover Disney Parks Blog

Please don't wait around gang ....

If no one says anything ... count on this nice cool "ambient" detail in the DLH grounds to disappear forever.

Tomorrowlander
06-28-2010, 04:13 PM
By the way ....

per the rules here at Mouseplanet .. I have to write 15 posts before I can post a URL or hotlinked photo.

Until then .. For those who'd like to see a set of photos of the waterfalls .. both during day and night ... I have a devoted topic on this at Micechat. Including Disney's layout of their plans .. a satellite image over the DLH grounds .. and some other misc. photos - All part of a massive post to showcase this beautiful corner of the DLH.

DARTH KNITE
06-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I'll help. It really is a waste.
Posted via UA

Imaginears
06-30-2010, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the info Tomorrowlander. It looks like I have some letters to write tomorrow.!! At least 4!!!!:cool:

orchid2
06-30-2010, 01:41 AM
Every time I turn around Disney is getting rid of something that's part of Disney's history and the falls is just one of the latest thing.... I want those people in Disney's home to know they need to start leaving the Original Disneyland alone..... respect your history if you don't you'll lose the future....
Thanks to all you for giving us the information on who to contact regarding saving the falls.... I'll be writing and sending off today....

jcruise86
06-30-2010, 06:47 PM
. . . I want those people in Disney's home to know they need to start leaving the Original Disneyland alone..... respect your history if you don't you'll lose the future. . .
If those water falls qualify as "history," what doesn't
and what isn't worth saving?

jcruise86
06-30-2010, 06:51 PM
I've never been to the Disneyland Hotel, except to catch the Disneyland Express, but I think they should keep the waterfall. I love waterfalls.
I have been to the waterfalls (probably three or four times over the last 27 years), and I too love waterfalls, but I do not love these waterfalls.

I don't hate them, but it will not bother me if Disney removes them.
I do respect the love & nostalgia many of you have, but I just think Disney can do better. For me, in this case, a small play area for toddlers or some shaded benches really would be an improvement. Of course, if I am just one voice on a this thread I am likely to be ignored.